June 24, 2018, 08:04:03 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce in Everton talks  (Read 26517 times)

November 28, 2017, 02:46:33 PM
Reply #240

Waltzer

He is wrong again

Sunderland didnít play with a target man and he kept them up when they looked doomed

More lazy opinions saying j only plays with a target man based on tabloid twaddle and not facts

Plus , the same big Sam moaners have been whining since September that we didnít sign a target man  :bonk:

You canít win!

I think his preference would be to have a target man, but he will adapt, you have to. Id be surprised in January if we went for someone of Defoes stature or style over someone like Bas Dost and that is proven when he does have the ability to get in who he wants.
And I didnt really care in September who we got in target man or someone about 4ft tall, we just needed someone and then we wouldnt be in this position.

November 28, 2017, 02:47:46 PM
Reply #241

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You can find a bad scoreline with any manager even the greats like sir Alex.
Not sure what that adds to the debate?
If I post a scoreline of a game Palace won unexpectedly, does that work in his favour?

Lost 4-0 to one of the worst teams the world has ever seen.

November 28, 2017, 02:49:18 PM
Reply #242

therealdunc

Lost 4-0 to one of the worst teams the world has ever seen.
Clearly
Blue

November 28, 2017, 02:50:22 PM
Reply #243

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
But hold on a minute. The tabloid media tell us heís the right man for the job and we canít do any better.

Very nearly took Sunderland down until they come across and Everton team during the last days of Martinez. Pretty sure we beat them 6-2 that season when he was in charge as well?

Lost his first five games when he took over palace.

This man will bring us right down to his level.

November 28, 2017, 02:52:33 PM
Reply #244

Macca77

Very nearly took Sunderland down until they come across and Everton team during the last days of Martinez. Pretty sure we beat them 6-2 that season when he was in charge as well?

Correct and yet people still want him here, it beggars belief

Oh and he lost 4 out of his last 5 games at Palace
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 02:53:48 PM by Macca77 »

November 28, 2017, 02:53:14 PM
Reply #245

Waltzer

Im getting the feeling you dont hold a lot of confidence in our board to get the best outcomes for us!! :)

November 28, 2017, 02:53:22 PM
Reply #246

therealdunc

You right again

What happened at palace will happen exactly the same at Everton cause heís got the same players and resources at the same club

And no doubt the same thing that happened at Sunderland will happen at Everton as we also have the same players, resources and club

Why didnít I think of this?

Or maybe your only as good as the hand your dealt ?
Blue

November 28, 2017, 02:54:43 PM
Reply #247

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Your avatar looks like Big Sam in disguise   :snigger:

November 28, 2017, 03:00:36 PM
Reply #248

Bluedylan

You right again

What happened at palace will happen exactly the same at Everton cause heís got the same players and resources at the same club

And no doubt the same thing that happened at Sunderland will happen at Everton as we also have the same players, resources and club

Why didnít I think of this?

Or maybe your only as good as the hand your dealt ?

There's a reason he only gets shit hands dealt to him. He only manages shit clubs with short-term chaotic, reactive thinking. That's his level.

Anyone running a progressive, ambitious club wouldn't be seen dead with this retrograde fuck anywhere near the reigns.

We get that you don't think too much of Everton, and that you're happy for any old shyster to walk through the door. Some of us have standards, and believed our club had standards. Apparently we were wrong.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 28, 2017, 03:01:52 PM
Reply #249

Rhys

It looks like it is happening and when it does we just have to get on with it.

But seeing as he isn't in yet still time to whinge. For over 15 years his teams have been horrible to watch, horrid football, encouraged people to cheat and play with dirty tactics. Any time we played against one of his teams it was urgh got to play against that. But worst of all was hated to listen to him as a person to watch speaking after games, analysis it was all about how good he was. If his team lost it was the players aren't performing, if they win it is all my tactics are brilliant.

15 years of hating watching his football, 15 years of hating watching him speak. And it looks like we are resorting to it. Can just imagine him getting us into mid table and him talking like he has performed the impossible in doing it and expecting us to lick his feet.

November 28, 2017, 03:03:54 PM
Reply #250

therealdunc

It looks like it is happening and when it does we just have to get on with it.

But seeing as he isn't in yet still time to whinge. For over 15 years his teams have been horrible to watch, horrid football, encouraged people to cheat and play with dirty tactics. Any time we played against one of his teams it was urgh got to play against that. But worst of all was hated to listen to him as a person to watch speaking after games, analysis it was all about how good he was. If his team lost it was the players aren't performing, if they win it is all my tactics are brilliant.

15 years of hating watching his football, 15 years of hating watching him speak. And it looks like we are resorting to it. Can just imagine him getting us into mid table and him talking like he has performed the impossible in doing it and expecting us to lick his feet.

You still talking about Moyes?
Blue

November 28, 2017, 03:05:48 PM
Reply #251

Lxxx

I just think we've looked high and low and no-one of any calibre wants to come, or is available, so we're going for a stop gap to hopefully keep us up and then if we have to get rid in the summer he gets a years payoff and we maybe move onto a fresh target to take us forwards. He's not daft he knows he's not first choice, he's said it himself in interviews, so he'll see it as a challenge and a pension top-up. It is what it is, let's hope we stay up and common sense prevails.

You know worra mean like. (Eurgh!)

November 28, 2017, 03:07:47 PM
Reply #252

Rhys

You still talking about Moyes?

For some maybe, I still won't have a bad word said about the job he did here though!

November 28, 2017, 03:08:22 PM
Reply #253

Smingers

Why cant we get Ancellotti? Or someone else with pedigree. I know we are not a pretty prospect at the moment.  But I've said it before and I'll say it again money talks. Just pay over the odds for a world class manager. Why can't we find the next poch like Southampton did? I'm sure there are tens of managers better than allardyce who would want this job.

We are a laughing stock of a club from top to bottom if we take on allardyce.

We are getting there but this would take the cake!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 03:11:03 PM by Smingers »

November 28, 2017, 03:08:54 PM
Reply #254

Lxxx

For some maybe, I still won't have a bad word said about the job he did here though!

Not even a few small gripes. Just a couple like.