April 21, 2018, 11:14:04 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce in Everton talks  (Read 24738 times)

November 29, 2017, 06:57:02 PM
Reply #675

therealdunc

I agree about Sammy Lee, suprised me that one.

Not so much his coaching ability but he has far too much baggage from his time at Liverpool.

Mind you, if we win the league next year, Ill get a Sammy Lee tattoo
Blue

November 29, 2017, 06:57:22 PM
Reply #676

kramer0

I wonder what Allerdice will do with Barclay.

November 29, 2017, 06:58:14 PM
Reply #677

therealdunc

Maybe get a current account?
Blue

November 29, 2017, 06:58:28 PM
Reply #678

Waltzer

The same as what Koeman, Unsworth or anyone else would have done. Watch him leave in January

November 29, 2017, 06:59:49 PM
Reply #679

Major Clanger

Whether we like it or not it's happening so time to deal with it. If you can't or won't accept it then make a decision on your support but something had to change and we didn't have a lot of options. If he does the biz alot of you will suddenly think it's okay. Grab your blue balls and get on board or don't. No player is bigger than the club? Same with supporters lads. Shit just happend

I've no doubt he'll do the job, so long as we define the job as staying up. I've no doubt most other managers would've done it too.

What I'm worried about is what happens to us after he's gone.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 29, 2017, 07:01:04 PM
Reply #680

Gary1878

I was pondering this before and thought, in all my time supporting Everton (I'm 31) has there ever been a manager signing to really get excited about?

Koeman was probably the most prestigious name but even he had something of a chequered managerial history. Martinez and Moyes had decent reputations but both were gambles for different reasons. Smith, Kendall (mk III), Royle and Walker before them - although to be honest, I probably wasn't old enough to really gauge reaction to a manager signing.

You are right. Most of the managers that have come into the club have done so under dire circumstances, apart from Martinez and Koeman. I would say that Martinez had the most stable environment after Moyes' relative success, as he had a decent squad who all knew their roles and a solid defence. Although the season we finished 4th was good results wise, Martinez first season was the best season to watch the blues in the PL. It was exciting football, with goals but also solidity learnt from Moyes. The fact that he couldn't retain that solidity was his ultimate downfall, but dare say it, I would rather have a Martinez-like coach at Everton any day of the week over Fat Sam.

However, it is what it is.

November 29, 2017, 07:01:30 PM
Reply #681

Macca77

November 29, 2017, 07:04:36 PM
Reply #682

Waltzer

Isnt this the truth, it isnt just in the managerial position though....

https://twitter.com/JimWhite/status/935853386313936897

November 29, 2017, 07:04:59 PM
Reply #683

Macca77

Jim White saying all sorts about the deal and yet not a single thing has been announced by the club, fucking Everton

November 29, 2017, 07:05:40 PM
Reply #684

Lazarou

November 29, 2017, 07:08:27 PM
Reply #685

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Probably couldnt have picked a manger Id want less than this crook.

November 29, 2017, 07:08:36 PM
Reply #686

Macca77

lolol  :wanker:

Like your dad making his way onto the dance floor.

My dads got no legs you heartless beast

November 29, 2017, 07:10:08 PM
Reply #687

Paddockoldie

I'd of rather been relegated than appoint this man.
Everton to me is more than a win/loss ratio.

Uh? Do you live in the City lad? Relegation is unthinkable and you really need to have a word with yourself. That comment is shameful blue

November 29, 2017, 07:10:21 PM
Reply #688

Lazarou

My dads got no legs you heartless beast

:blush: apologies mate.

Must just be my Dad then.

November 29, 2017, 07:10:53 PM
Reply #689

MrWhite

Stick to your word and meet up with me tonight and hand me your season ticket.

I will come back on here later on and let everyone know you kept your word your not just a kid keyboard warrior

This is your moment to prove you are not all talk

Everton is one big family, respect and love your fellow fans

Look, you're happy about this, but some people really aren't. It's an emotional moment, maybe you should think about following your own advice?