April 25, 2018, 01:59:20 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce appointment marks new low point in Everton history  (Read 12012 times)

November 30, 2017, 04:34:50 AM
Reply #150

Bob Sacamano

Well if we hit last seasons form from now til the end of the season then I think he's done pretty good.

I get that people don't like him. He's not fancy, he's a little shady and his teams play industrial football but he's also extremely underrated. He's done good jobs elsewhere. The teams he's left have been worse for him going.

I like him. Always have. Think he's the pragmatist we need. Think we'll have a much better window with someone who gets on with Walsh too

Was a genuine Q. No idea what a “success” would be, I actually believe Martinez could walk in and get this lot mid-table.

He’s here now so I’m over it. Disappointed like, and I don’t think he’s underrated. Nothing he’s really done suggest to me that I should rate him, but what can I do.

I’ll legitimately act like Sammy Lee is dead though - that prick simply doesn’t exist.

November 30, 2017, 04:38:11 AM
Reply #151

Lxxx

I think this is a very good question.

Whilst I’m hugely disappointed with the beyond lazy appointment, I’m not quite sure what doing well would be with Allardyce.

He’s probably averaged out at about 14th (generous) in his career. Is “doing well” 10th/11th?

I’m genuinely confused. Apart than “not get relegated” I’m not quite sure why this dinosaur has been brought in. Can’t figure it out.

If we finish 7th and end the season playing like a proper team again, with some additions in January to sort the front and back out, then I think that'd be as good as we can expect.

November 30, 2017, 04:38:21 AM
Reply #152

School of Science

Everton can confirm that the only ex England manager with a 100% win record will take control at Goodison Park. Hmmm
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 30, 2017, 04:39:54 AM
Reply #153

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
So bitter

The players played for the new manager, unsworth was a disaster
I'd say they played for the manager leaving than the incoming manager and for parts of it we were poor

Simply simply lovely

November 30, 2017, 04:43:16 AM
Reply #154

School of Science

They played for Unsworth, with one eye to the stand, players now know they are playing for their futures.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 30, 2017, 11:22:59 AM
Reply #155

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The world is run by fat, old rich white men. Nothing proves this more than this appointment. It's a sad day for Everton that the thought of an Allardyce type even crossed our minds let alone become our manager.

He is here now, the easiest relegation saving job ever. For me, he must be judged the same as any other manager. Top 8 is attainable and a decent cup run. Anything less is a failure.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 30, 2017, 12:25:08 PM
Reply #156

Seahawk

The world is run by fat, old rich white men. Nothing proves this more than this appointment.
What an absolutely stupid comment.
I only drink 2 times a year.  When it's my birthday and when it's not.

November 30, 2017, 02:23:32 PM
Reply #157

stirlingblue

Let us not delude ourselves Ladies & Gents, now is not the time for pussyfooting around. We are in a dog fight and we need a manager who is going to come into our club and galvanise the 1st team squad. We need someone who won't take any prisoners, an organiser and a first class exponent of building team spirit.

Goodison Park and the Everton faithful want to see a team rolling up their sleeves and putting in a shift for everyone associated with the club. We are a laughing stock at the moment and the effort is not being put in. We need a manager who can get our players playing for one another and most importantly the faithful who loyally support this great club we love.

As much as many are whinging and crying over Allardyce probably getting the job, I for one think he is exactly the man we need to get us all making Goodison a bear pit of a ground again. I want Allardyce to make us a team of fighters, of grafters and a team that's hard to beat. Not a team that we have right now that rolls over and gives up.

He is the man to take us forward and to build team spirit again. Let's get behind him. ;D

Great combination of post and username

November 30, 2017, 03:04:23 PM
Reply #158

Macca77

Just to clarify any confusion here, Unsworth picked the team and did the teamtalk before the game and during halftime, Allardyce had no say or involvement whatsoever

November 30, 2017, 03:14:49 PM
Reply #159

Macca77

November 30, 2017, 03:28:06 PM
Reply #160

toshyboy

Any danger of an official announcement any time soon??

November 30, 2017, 03:52:52 PM
Reply #161

Simon Paul

Administrator
yeah sure

ok then who did you think or want in as manager then

No no no no no

You went off the deep end despite zero evidence to back yourself up. Go back through my posts and find any mention of wanting Silva here.

Then fuck off

November 30, 2017, 03:53:52 PM
Reply #162

dangermouse

Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

November 30, 2017, 04:18:55 PM
Reply #163

GrantyBoy78

If we finish 7th and end the season playing like a proper team again, with some additions in January to sort the front and back out, then I think that'd be as good as we can expect.
That’s the issue though; one win and half the fan base are back to thinking Unsworth would’ve got us comfortably mid-table.

People need to forget their agendas and just get behind Everton.

I hope to god we beat Huddersfield on Saturday - don’t think I could handle all the ‘we’ve gone backwards since Unsworth left’ shouts.

November 30, 2017, 04:24:53 PM
Reply #164

Lxxx

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/936155874183217157

Not that I am any great fan of Elstone and Kenwright but since this 'power shift' we've had four managers in 18 months, wasted £150m, been on the fringes of the bottom three, assembled the most disjointed squad for years and just appointed the most underwhelming manager in living memory.