Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
:(
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

May 11, 2018, 02:56:07 AM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

It encourages me that the players aren't enjoying it, making it more likely that Allardyce is off (which I think he is).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

May 11, 2018, 02:58:05 AM
Reply #3

sam of the south

No surprises there.

Really need Allardyce out if we are going to salvage and retain our youngsters.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

May 11, 2018, 03:01:05 AM
Reply #4

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It encourages me that the players aren't enjoying it, making it more likely that Allardyce is off (which I think he is).

You have to either win (like actually win stuff not just home games) or be in place for years to cultivate a squad full of players with a certain mindset, to not be quite attacking these days.

Even young players are used to great facilities from the age of five, the days of boot cleaning and sweeping the terraces are gone.

Players aren’t grateful for a decent job etc.

You need to allow lots of them to entertain/ or have fun to a certain extent.

May 11, 2018, 03:03:57 AM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

So he’s said nothing in the press or through his agent but tells random strangers?

Seems unlikely. Doubt very much allardyce is shouting at him for taking players on either. JJ OKocha must have had a really thick skin

May 11, 2018, 03:05:13 AM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
So he’s said nothing in the press or through his agent but tells random strangers?

Seems unlikely. Doubt very much allardyce is shouting at him for taking players on either. JJ OKocha must have had a really thick skin
yeah and a fifty yard throw

Simply simply lovely

May 11, 2018, 03:06:34 AM
Reply #7

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Compare this to the interview he gave in the Echo about next year being his year. Think the tweeter is a bit of an attention seeking bell whiff
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 11, 2018, 05:34:37 AM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Tbh one of allardyce’s shticks is that he allows (even relies) on very individual players to make chances in the final third.

I guess the issue is if you’re a young player, there are so many more exciting styles to play under rather than just tackle and hoof until you get to the final third. Especially if you are barely going to get a game.

I like the look of vlasic, he’s strong, quick and good 1v1 with a good scoring record. We should invest time into him, dowell, lookman, and DCL as soon as possible.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 11, 2018, 06:33:57 AM
Reply #9

Ross

Needs playing centrally with a free role.

Bit like Sigurdsson and Klaasen and Dowell and that fella from Croxey.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 11, 2018, 06:54:57 AM
Reply #10

Jamokachi

Not having that he's spilled his guts to some random dud on a plane from Ireland.

May 11, 2018, 10:01:12 AM
Reply #11

blueski

Personally believe what’s said but he probably shouldn’t be discussing it with like this with people who are just going to repost somewhere - could stand to learn a lesson from Oumar
Nil Satis

May 11, 2018, 03:59:20 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

Not having that he's spilled his guts to some random dud on a plane from Ireland.

I can't see why not. If you're stood with a fan waiting for your bags while he's firing questions at you for 15 minutes you're gonna strike up a bit of conversation and I suppose depending on how decent the lad is you'll be pretty nice back, especially if he's kissing your arse and telling you you're great and how much the fans hate the manager who seemingly doesn't rate you.
He's only a young naïve lad himself and I suppose if you're getting asked leading questions and you don't want to cause a scene until your bags arrive you'll just roll with it. I'm sure the quotes are embellished but wouldn't be surprised at the general gist of the tweet.

May 11, 2018, 04:23:49 PM
Reply #13

TheTone

great that, alright Vlasic lad?  lolol

May 16, 2018, 08:06:59 PM
Reply #14

Toddacelli

Hoping this one can be brought back in from the cold.

Can't remember if it was his first or second game for us but I remember thinking "one of the youngest players on the pitch and he looks the only man amongst a team of boys".

Vlasic, Lookman, Klaasen, Tosun, DCL, Walcott, Sigurdsson - there's some really good forward options there for a manager to work with - and that's not even counting an erratic Bolasie, an absent Sandro and England's greatest ever goalscorer (because I hope those three move on).

A new manager with a progressive, attacking outlook should be able to get a decent tune out of that lot - let alone what it would be like if we were to add another quality forward player to the mix and lose one or two others.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates