December 19, 2017, 12:30:44 AM

Author Topic: Who's going to win the sack race first?  (Read 2631 times)

September 04, 2017, 04:36:31 AM
Reply #15

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Palace or The Hammers?

Does it only include sackings, or can we count resignations? If we are then the fat Spanish one might walk, seems pretty miffed with transfers and has form for acting the dick with owners, if he quickly concludes that just staying up will be a real problem he might jump to avoid being left with the blame.

Other than that I think Bilic too, he should get a little leeway with them playing all away games to start, but if he doesn't start getting results the fickle owners won't be too patient given the money spent and the quality of players now in their squad. On paper they should be a top half team now I think? Palace are trying to evolve from relegation scrappers to mid table runners, so I'd expect them to allow more time for FdB to change the style of play, etc. Plus I don't think Steve Parish is particularly knee jerk - often seems to keep faith with his chosen manager (bit like our Bill in that respect?) and seems to lose them by pissing them off as often as sacking them?

If I was going to bet, Bilic before mid November would get my money.

September 04, 2017, 04:39:42 AM
Reply #16

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 04, 2017, 04:52:17 AM
Reply #17

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Sides that have sacked Allardyce have all regretted it I would suggest.

Yep, must be extremely irritating to spend millions buying off your manager, only to end up with even worse results. But it's also arguable that the ones who have sacked him have universally been judged to be club-fucking rich idiots.

Blackpool - sacked by Owen Oyston (while he was in prison!) who has since raped the club for their PL windfall
Newcastle - sacked by Mike Ashley (lovely chap isn't he) the footballing genius beloved by the Toon
Blackburn - sacked by chicken choppers who have since plunged the club into lower league hell
England - ok, they don't have 'owners', but the FA are pretty much the definition rich idiots who are happy to fuck over any club and all fans everywhere?

West Ham is borderline, since he wasn't sacked, his contract just wasn't renewed. He may have refused to stay if offered a new one, but even if you count that as a sacking then the 'rich idiot owners' clause still applies. For technical definitions of 'sacking' please refer to the "Jeremy Clarkson Wasn't Sacked" interpretation of business practice  :cheers:

@SANA_DR0 - great thread, but I have to ask how you win a race without automatically also coming first?  :tongue:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 04:53:55 AM by MrWhite »

September 04, 2017, 05:11:59 AM
Reply #18

Gash

Global Moderator
De Boer

Caught the last few minutes of the Sunday Suppliment and they reckon he might even be away before the international break is over.

Huge admission of failure by the board if they do that three games into the season.

September 04, 2017, 05:13:29 AM
Reply #19

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Gutted
I was gonna do palace to go down but got talked out if it

Simply simply lovely

September 04, 2017, 10:55:24 AM
Reply #20

Marky Mark and the funky

@SANA_DR0 - great thread, but I have to ask how you win a race without automatically also coming first?  :tongue:

Like this because the only reason I've stayed out of this thread was the title annoying me, now I don't feel so bad about it lolol

September 04, 2017, 06:57:15 PM
Reply #21

SANA_DR0

Does it only include sackings, or can we count resignations? If we are then the fat Spanish one might walk, seems pretty miffed with transfers and has form for acting the dick with owners, if he quickly concludes that just staying up will be a real problem he might jump to avoid being left with the blame.

Other than that I think Bilic too, he should get a little leeway with them playing all away games to start, but if he doesn't start getting results the fickle owners won't be too patient given the money spent and the quality of players now in their squad. On paper they should be a top half team now I think? Palace are trying to evolve from relegation scrappers to mid table runners, so I'd expect them to allow more time for FdB to change the style of play, etc. Plus I don't think Steve Parish is particularly knee jerk - often seems to keep faith with his chosen manager (bit like our Bill in that respect?) and seems to lose them by pissing them off as often as sacking them?

If I was going to bet, Bilic before mid November would get my money.

i would to win a sack race your need to get sacked :p

even tho your correct i can see the spanish waiter resigning soon..

i think Do Boer will be sacked first.. he has the players but the wrong tactics i feel.

lol its an inverted race, the first one to get sacked wins :p so i guess its not last.. lol

i dont know i think your question confuszled me :p
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 04, 2017, 07:06:34 PM
Reply #22

Marky Mark and the funky

i would to win a sack race your need to get sacked :p

even tho your correct i can see the spanish waiter resigning soon..

i think Do Boer will be sacked first.. he has the players but the wrong tactics i feel.

lol its an inverted race, the first one to get sacked wins :p so i guess its not last.. lol

i dont know i think your question confuszled me :p

You only needed to say either of:

"Who is going to win the sack race?" (because by default winning the sack race means you were the first sacked)
or
"Who will be sacked first?"

What you said just doesn't need the last word, I'm not always pedantic but in a thread title you see the oddity over and over again ;D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 07:07:48 PM by Marky Mark and the funky »

September 04, 2017, 07:19:26 PM
Reply #23

gizzblue

I've got a tenner on Bilic on fours ☺

September 04, 2017, 11:09:54 PM
Reply #24

SANA_DR0

not sure what happened. fat finger syndrome i think, most of the first sentence got deleted lulz

'i would to win'

dafuq almost as bad as winning a sack race first!
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 11, 2017, 05:29:24 PM
Reply #25

Toffee1

Looks like @Bluedylan and @SANA_DR0  called it right as it is being reported that De Boer has been sacked and will be replced by Roy Hodgson.

September 11, 2017, 05:36:30 PM
Reply #26

hill135

It's official, he's gone.

Should have put a bet on but my bookie of choice didn't have a market.

I remember I wanted him when we were looking for Roberto's successor. He looks fairly shite tbf.

September 11, 2017, 05:38:52 PM
Reply #27

Marky Mark and the funky

Not necessarily the wrong decision in the longer term, yet it's pathetic to be deciding to sack the manager 4 games in shakeyheadman

September 11, 2017, 05:39:24 PM
Reply #28

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
My mate gave me treble the odds on palace going down yday

Simply simply lovely

September 11, 2017, 05:43:50 PM
Reply #29

hill135

Not necessarily the wrong decision in the longer term, yet it's pathetic to be deciding to sack the manager 4 games in shakeyheadman

Shortest managerial reign in Prem history