October 18, 2017, 11:30:22 PM

Author Topic: So called "top 6" want a bigger slice of the pie  (Read 418 times)

September 28, 2017, 10:25:24 PM
Read 418 times

Macca77

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41431359

Fuck off

September 29, 2017, 12:13:46 AM
Reply #1

Ross

Apparently it's backed by us, West Ham and Leicester according to the telegraph.

Voting Christmas and turkeys spring to mind.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 30, 2017, 06:49:19 PM
Reply #2

SANA_DR0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41431359

Fuck off

way of the world tho, (dont agree with it myself at all)

the rich just want to conserve their power/influence/money.

Cant wait for the EU shit to goto courts regarding agents not paying tax, hopefully that will lead off into other avenues ; but i guess its going to get hidden away and not be in the press at all.. Capitalism! for the benefits if everyone.
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

October 04, 2017, 09:44:28 PM
Reply #3

Robioto

The Premier League is slowing caving in on itself... Yes I enjoy watching the football, but the pattern of it becoming big business is a big turn off for me. The Premier League being competitive and all clubs having access to funds is one of its main selling points. This would be bad for the league in my opinion.

Now this bit is controverial... With the new owner, the new stadium, the way we are dealing with sponsership, etc. I know we are doing it to keep up with the others and that it needs to happen and don;t get me wrong, I'm very happy with the direction the club is going in. But I have been proud over the years that we have been an old school club without money and have managed to stay challenging in the top 10 of the Premier League. I just think that this nessity to make the club a commercial machine will make us just like the top 6 with no real identity anymore. It's a catch 22, as to progress we need to do this, but at the same time once we leave Goodison and venture into the realms of being run like a proper business, we will lose our identity and that worries me, I worry that Everton won't be the same club I fell in love with and have loved supporting all these years.

October 05, 2017, 09:30:32 PM
Reply #4

Mayor Farnum

We were happy to have a bigger slice of the pie in the old ITV/BBC days when we were part of the big five.

October 05, 2017, 09:34:20 PM
Reply #5

Mayor Farnum

The Premier League is slowing caving in on itself... Yes I enjoy watching the football, but the pattern of it becoming big business is a big turn off for me. The Premier League being competitive and all clubs having access to funds is one of its main selling points. This would be bad for the league in my opinion.

Now this bit is controverial... With the new owner, the new stadium, the way we are dealing with sponsership, etc. I know we are doing it to keep up with the others and that it needs to happen and don;t get me wrong, I'm very happy with the direction the club is going in. But I have been proud over the years that we have been an old school club without money and have managed to stay challenging in the top 10 of the Premier League. I just think that this nessity to make the club a commercial machine will make us just like the top 6 with no real identity anymore. It's a catch 22, as to progress we need to do this, but at the same time once we leave Goodison and venture into the realms of being run like a proper business, we will lose our identity and that worries me, I worry that Everton won't be the same club I fell in love with and have loved supporting all these years.

Not really a challenge worth speaking of.

October 05, 2017, 09:37:40 PM
Reply #6

gizzblue

Course id we were in the top five we would all be saying yes ....but it will just ensure none of the others can encroach their spending ...so no fuck them off ...even spread for the good of the prem. ..let them all do the dirty fucking dealing they have been to dodge ffp rules .

October 06, 2017, 12:32:50 AM
Reply #7

bacon sarnie

We were happy to have a bigger slice of the pie in the old ITV/BBC days when we were part of the big five.

And tasty it was too. Now its just bread, gruel & water, ha.

October 06, 2017, 04:58:49 PM
Reply #8

Robioto