17 (34%)
Naismith (Sub)
0 (0%)
Deulofeu (Sub)
0 (0%)
Stones (Sub)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Everton v Newcastle  (Read 30175 times)

September 26, 2013, 10:50:32 PM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
honestly, worried about this a bit. good test.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 26, 2013, 11:12:43 PM
Reply #31

hill135

Haven't watched them this season myself, but all I hear from Newcastle fans is moaning about how shit Pardew is. I also think they're a bit of a long-ball team. We should be looking to win this.

September 26, 2013, 11:31:23 PM
Reply #32

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
These are just gonna sit back all game hoping to nick a goal. We're shite against teams that do that.

September 26, 2013, 11:36:04 PM
Reply #33

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
These are just gonna sit back all game hoping to nick a goal. We're shite against teams that do that.

Plus they have speed to hit us on the break, so they'll probably get some decent chances. I'm hoping Lukaku will provide that edge we've lacked in breaking these type of team down. If we can find a way to score first it'll make a big difference.

September 27, 2013, 01:45:53 AM
Reply #34

Zoolander

I have a bad feeling about this game.
Hope I'm wrong - maybe it's just a Fulham hangover.

September 27, 2013, 05:38:33 AM
Reply #35

Thornton_19

Night game at Goodison boys, no worries! Easy win.

September 27, 2013, 10:38:09 PM
Reply #36

Shogun

Administrator
Merson

Everton have got a steal with Romelu Lukaku on loan for a season.

I didn't think he would stay at Chelsea because he blows hot and cold - he is unbelievably brilliant or very poor - and that isn't good enough for Chelsea, but he will be great for Everton.

He is a part of an Everton squad that is stronger than last year; they have lost one very good player in Maroune Fellaini, but got three very good players in Lukaku, Gareth Barry and James McCarthy in return.

I don't think Fellaini fitted Everton's new style anyway. Roberto Martinez wants to get the ball down and play it, but Fellaini is good for when you want to get the ball forward quickly.

I know Newcastle lost at home to Hull last week but I'd like to think that they are not in trouble because they went to Aston Villa not so long ago and won quite easily.

Still, the Hull result was a shocker because if they had won they would have had four wins in a row including the League Cup, everything would have been rosy in the garden and they could have been on an Arsenal-like roll.

But now they are going to Everton and thinking: 'I hope we don't get beat because that will be two on the trot in the league and then we will be reeling again' - and I do think this will be a difficult game for them.

Everton are playing well - they were great against Chelsea and then to go to West Ham and win after going behind speaks volumes - and I think they will win again

2-0

Lawrenson

I thought Everton boss Roberto Martinez pulled off a masterstroke at half-time at West Ham last weekend, putting on Romelu Lukaku and James McCarthy and really pushing for the win.
That came off the back of their win over Chelsea, and they have now had two outstanding results in the league. But I just don't understand why Martinez changed the team so dramatically for their Capital One Cup defeat by Fulham.
Baines or Cole for England?

"I would go for Leighton Baines at left-back for England at the moment because he has been the most consistent of the two and, with his free-kicks, he offers a bit more.

"Ashley Cole has been as good, if not better, than any other England player over the past 10 years but this is Baines's time. Cole would walk into most international teams but Baines offers more."

If you were an Everton fan, you might have looked at that competition and thought they could go a long way. I understand why they might change a couple of players, but that game was on Tuesday and they do not play Newcastle until Monday.

I know they played well in the first half at Craven Cottage but they got beat. If I were an Everton fan, I'd be miffed.

Why not play a strong team and build on the good results they have already had. Bradford and Swansea reached the final last season - why would you not want to get through to the next round?

If they had kept the core of the same team for the Fulham game then they would be saying to their fringe players "hey, these boys are playing well and winning. If and when you get a chance, this is what you have to do".

Newcastle had a bit of a setback against Hull in their last league game after beating Fulham and Aston Villa and I think that defeat by the Tigers showed they are not quite there.

Goodison Park is great at night and there will be a really good atmosphere for this game. The crowd will be up for it and I think Everton will continue their great start to the league season.
Under their former boss David Moyes they always had a good side but, with the addition of Lukaku and Gareth Barry, there now seems to be a bit of depth to their side.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:38:38 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 28, 2013, 12:00:36 AM
Reply #37

Eddie

NSNO Subscriber
I'd rather lawro didn't predict us to win.
I'll assume you have been drinking... I live in Monterrey Mexico numb nuts

September 28, 2013, 01:17:53 AM
Reply #38

Chrisknms

Mirallas
3-1
win

September 28, 2013, 01:29:03 AM
Reply #39

AidyEFC9

Think we'll win, 2-1 with Lukaku at the double. We dug in against Chelsea and got the result and turned the West Ham game on it's head and played really well second half down there, then didn't play too badly IMO against Fulham and with are strongest team out Monday, I think we'll do well and win!.

They've got some good players and will be dangerous on the break, but if we can have Remy and Ben Arfa going towards there own goal more than they do ours, then I think Newcastle will find the going tough as those 2 don't like to track back and it could be a good night for our wide men.

COYB!.

September 28, 2013, 01:49:22 AM
Reply #40

Zoolander

Hopefully Barry will keep Ben Arfa quiet anyhow.
Quite like having Barry in the team already.

September 28, 2013, 02:21:29 AM
Reply #41

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Totally agree with Merson on Fellaini and our style.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

September 28, 2013, 03:18:36 AM
Reply #42

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Got a funny feeling Lukaku wont start
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

September 28, 2013, 03:30:44 AM
Reply #43

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Got a funny feeling Lukaku wont start

West Brom did use him a lot as a sub. As seen in the Carling Cup, his stamina might not be all the way there for the full 90 mins.

September 28, 2013, 09:09:03 AM
Reply #44

the roy vernon plan

Howard
 Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
 McCarthy Barry
 Deufoleu Barkley Mirallas
 Lukaku

Lots of attacking ability there and no place for slow, tecnically challenged blond players.

McCarthy to chase around the midfield area and Barry to direct traffic.

Defence picks itself.

Its easy if you pick the best players.