October 16, 2018, 11:10:01 PM

Author Topic: Derby Ratings  (Read 3923 times)

January 06, 2018, 07:15:48 AM
Reply #30

WilloBOI

First ever post nsno. But I thought holgate was class, i think him and Keane should be the future partnership given they have 2 proper full backs with them

January 06, 2018, 07:33:28 AM
Reply #31

Topper

First ever post nsno. But I thought holgate was class, i think him and Keane should be the future partnership given they have 2 proper full backs with them

Welcome to the madhouse

January 06, 2018, 07:40:54 AM
Reply #32

WilloBOI

Thank you! I thought they all played well tonight compared to the last anfield game although we had a draw, I don't think it's so much the players but our attacking intent is shocking as we just rely on luck off long balls

January 06, 2018, 07:42:25 AM
Reply #33

gizzblue

Pickfords worst game tonight ....shouldn't have moved early for the 'alleged'  pen...or come for the VVD cross .4
Martina (wish he had a left foot)5
Jjk boss as always 7
Jags 7
Holgate 10 👍...just for the push.
Mcarthy 6
Sneids 5
Rooney shite tonight 5
Gylfi 7 just getting better
Bolasie 6 ran out of steam early second half .
DCL ran but shite tonight 6
Lookman 5 great break out needs more games though.
Davies (looked like he wanted to point and laugh at Firmino )
Better display all round but we need Cenk in fast Coleman back asap and to sack Martina off .
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:44:59 AM by gizzblue »

January 06, 2018, 07:46:57 AM
Reply #34

WilloBOI

Pickfords worst game tonight ....shouldn't have moved early for the 'alleged'  pen...or come for the VVD cross .4
Martina (wish he had a left foot)5
Jjk boss as always 7
Jags 7
Holgate 10 👍...just for the push.
Mcarthy 6
Sneids 5
Rooney shite tonight 5
Gylfi 7 just getting better
Bolasie 6 ran out of steam early second half .
DCL ran but shite tonight 6
Lookman
Davies (looked like he wanted to point and laugh at Firnino )
Better display all round but we need Cenk in fast Coleman back asap and to sack Martina off asap.

Agreed, I like how DCL chases and challenges every game but I don't think there's anything there for potential, championship player at a push.

January 06, 2018, 07:58:37 AM
Reply #35

D3blue

I thought it was a good overall performance tonight with the exception of Rooney.  You would expect leadership and composure from Rooney but he doesnt bring any of that, very disappointing...

Positives : Holgate and Kenny are growing as 1st team players, both will be great players.    McCarthy back in midfield again brings solidity.

Negatives : Pickford unusually poor.  And much as I like DCL he just doesn't offer enough, especially he doesn't ever seem to win the ball/hold the ball to give the other players a chance to support him...hopefully he will improve this part of his game.  He should have been subbed earlier.

January 06, 2018, 02:12:04 PM
Reply #36

Rodenplav64

Pickford is lucky he is young . If he was joe Hart he would be crucified for that .

January 06, 2018, 04:12:29 PM
Reply #37

BlueForYou

Holgate had a great game

1st goal - not a penalty, a tangle; 2nd goal - Niasse should have stayed near post and Pickford made error of judgement

Stood strong against Firmino and gave him a dose of medicine - that's competitive contact sport, loved it!

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 06, 2018, 04:14:11 PM
Reply #38

Major Clanger

Jesus if Holgate was a 4 ,half the team would be minus scores.Yes he was a tad nieve on the pen but the call was an absolute joke,another case of a player feeling the slightest of touches,then throwing himself on the floor.Think the f.a. will have lallana in,don't hold your breath.

Even Danny Murphy said it was never a penalty so there is a chance.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 06, 2018, 04:41:33 PM
Reply #39

Dr. Sponge

We played well. Rooney didn't have his best game, but him and Sigurdson in the same attacking midfield is key for us going forward.

Alternate between Lookman, Vlasic and Bolasie to add a bit of pace.

Edit: but this hinges on our defensive midfielders being able to win and retain possession. I thought Schneiderlin did alright yesterday.. need him on his game otherwise we have to drop Rooney back.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 04:43:24 PM by Dr. Sponge »

January 06, 2018, 05:00:40 PM
Reply #40

Toffee1

The FA will bottle it about the penalty as Liverfool get away with most things.

Lallana, is a player who gets a lot of plaudits for not doing very much and I don't get all the hype. I also had to look a couple of times as he is trying so hard to look like Joe Allen.

We played well and gave it a real go, lots to build on and hopefully, Cenk will provide the focal point upfront that the team needs.

January 06, 2018, 06:00:12 PM
Reply #41

Bally

Administrator
Welcome
Enjoy your stay
It's the roll I way

January 06, 2018, 06:29:44 PM
Reply #42

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford is lucky he is young . If he was joe Hart he would be crucified for that .

Are you attacking Pickford or defending Joe Hart here?

There's a lot more to that strange comparison than age btw

January 06, 2018, 08:44:36 PM
Reply #43

Rodenplav64

Are you attacking Pickford or defending Joe Hart here?

There's a lot more to that strange comparison than age btw

Not attacking him but if the lad is put in the spotlight by maybe playing at this years world cup , then mistakes like he has made all season to be fair , will see him ripped to shit .

January 06, 2018, 11:25:45 PM
Reply #44

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber