August 18, 2018, 04:05:45 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 123550 times)

February 04, 2018, 07:22:32 PM
Reply #1890

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'm almost resigned to him being here next season, and us being involved in a relegation battle from the off

Moshiri has reacted to fan pressure for both RM and RK.

People mention comments at the agm etc but he’s not going to just say he was panicking re relegation so just plumped for the most obvious candidate to get through the season.

February 04, 2018, 08:44:28 PM
Reply #1891

sam of the south

Moshiri has reacted to fan pressure for both RM and RK.

People mention comments at the agm etc but he’s not going to just say he was panicking re relegation so just plumped for the most obvious candidate to get through the season.

Hope you're right, GL
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 04, 2018, 08:51:48 PM
Reply #1892

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There’s no way we should sack him before the end of the season. Way too much upheaval already. And the market is poor right now to try and get someone in.

Seasons dead anyway, let’s just get through the rest of the year and hope my boy Sean Dyche gets a call as soon as the season ends.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 04, 2018, 09:08:10 PM
Reply #1893

KoemansNumberTens

There’s no way we should sack him before the end of the season. Way too much upheaval already. And the market is poor right now to try and get someone in.

Seasons dead anyway, let’s just get through the rest of the year and hope my boy Sean Dyche gets a call as soon as the season ends.

Just signed a new contract. Doubt he would have had something been in the pipeline

February 04, 2018, 09:09:05 PM
Reply #1894

Cozzie

Just signed a new contract. Doubt he would have had something been in the pipeline

We would still be able to gazump whatever he is earning now.

February 04, 2018, 09:10:52 PM
Reply #1895

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah but you know. If we were prepared to pay £20m for Silva we can do the same for dyche.

Don’t think we’ll be ready for a progressive manager in the summer. Dyche and a good DOF would be a great choice imo.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 04, 2018, 09:17:34 PM
Reply #1896

Rodenplav64

Dyche would be fine but I wouldn't be ecstatic . I think we want someone of that ilk rather than a flavour of the month . I am very impressed with Jokanovic and Rowett ( both a risk ) but both would be a step up on Allardyce but I feel Moshiri will go for the unimaginative approach with an Manager from one of the Euro Leagues . I like what Jokanovic has done with youngsters and he has clued up defensively this season . Dyche and his football don't exactly get Burnley fans off there seats although they won't argue with where they are in the league .

February 04, 2018, 09:20:44 PM
Reply #1897

Evertonian in NC

Modern, progressive management is 100% what we need, and the only way we will thrive going forward.  You spend to fill in the gaps (Sigurdsson, Pickford, I think are reasonable examples of this), but the spine needs to be home grown (and/or youth buys), because they will carry forth belief and have real ownership in what they build here.

It's also the way we can build a reputation that we can market for ourselves, once we fumigate out the Allardyce/Walsh stink.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 04, 2018, 09:25:07 PM
Reply #1898

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The crowd would not want a manager like Dyche.

Whether fair or not everyone is fed up of managers who get behind the ball and wait for mistakes etc.

If Burnley were great at counter attacking I could see some attraction; but when the main approach of someone’s managerial history is hard work and organisation, it’d be a very risky appointment that people wouldn’t be fed up with “boring” wins pretty soon.

See Koeman as an example.

February 04, 2018, 09:25:19 PM
Reply #1899

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Plays good football Dyche imo. We play a much much lower block and much much longer balls.

Play dyche’s footy with the calibre of player we can afford and it would be sound. Probably our best chance at challenging the top 6/7/8 next year. Not going to ball everyone off the park but if we’re sensible and good enough going forward to win more than not against those below us, we would be flying.

February 04, 2018, 09:27:10 PM
Reply #1900

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce to Dyche? We've got to think more progressively than that surely.

February 04, 2018, 09:31:03 PM
Reply #1901

Evertonian in NC

Dyche was the right appointment mid-season.  Now, I'm not certain.  Think he's moved on, and maybe we need a more progressive approach to be a complete 180 from the pallor around the club right now.  The young players specially need their spirits lifted up.  Belief.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 04, 2018, 09:35:25 PM
Reply #1902

toffee_scot

Just over 3 months before the end of the season. There should be plenty of time left to prepare for a long-term plan to be implemented in the summer especially with regards to the director of football and manager roles.

Will the club hierarchy do it? Probably the day before preseason starts.

February 04, 2018, 09:37:30 PM
Reply #1903

Ross

The only positive I can see from appointing Dyche after Allardyce is it would look like there’s some continuity in playing styles, like there’s some kind of plan in place and we’re not lurching from one extreme to another continually.

It wouldn’t see us win trophies or move up the league though.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 04, 2018, 09:40:34 PM
Reply #1904

Ravardo

Joey Barton was saying on talk sport yesterday we didn't even approach dyche before Sam  and now he,s signed a new contract why would we bother now