August 18, 2018, 01:13:52 PM

Author Topic: Everton V Bournemouth  (Read 21880 times)

February 04, 2017, 11:43:45 PM
Reply #585

sam of the south

next season the way things are going :)

You on the 3rd bottle now, Tone 🤔
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 04, 2017, 11:46:16 PM
Reply #586

kramer0

It took us until mid-April to hit 40 points the past two seasons.

Feels good to be looking up the table.

February 04, 2017, 11:52:05 PM
Reply #587

TSGun

17pts from the last 7 games.

A few improvements and a replication through the next 7 and there may well be more teams looking up at us.

Never like to get too far ahead but it's starting to become a real possibility.

February 04, 2017, 11:54:06 PM
Reply #588

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, Holgate came on with about 12 to go and they added one. And I'm talking about the Stoke game as well.

Anyway, don't want to focus to much on the negative. Just an observation of the goals/chances we are giving up.

Holgate played right back today. But I get your point.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

February 04, 2017, 11:54:11 PM
Reply #589

TheTone

You on the 3rd bottle now, Tone 🤔

gone on the Baileys Irish Cream now lad  :cheers:

February 04, 2017, 11:55:16 PM
Reply #590

TheTone

one or two will be nervously looking over their shoulders

February 04, 2017, 11:55:23 PM
Reply #591

velimski

Lukaku now the leading goal scorer in the league.

February 04, 2017, 11:56:45 PM
Reply #592

Hesmenos

For me the obvious sub was Barry off, not McCarthy, Barry was poor

I also thought that, but McCarthy was probably subbed off as a precaution as he's been out injured for so long.

February 04, 2017, 11:59:10 PM
Reply #593

toffee_scot

I never saw the game, but giving up three goals at home worries me, regardless of the final score.

Yeah, I think one of our main priorities in the summer will be to bring in a central defender.

Saying that, I think this game was more just one of those freakish contests. After we went 3-0 up, we seemed quite happy to step down one gear and even invited Bournemouth to have more of the ball while we would wait for counterattacking opportunities. Along with that, Bournemouth must have thought, "well, we might as well have a go, we know what it's like losing 4-0 or 5-0 in games but if we can score one then that would be a consolation". When their goal went in they just went into attacking overdrive and they were winning more battles in the centre of the pitch. We struggled to contain them and clear the ball but because they were very much committed to attacking and scoring, they were extremely suspect at the back and once we made the defensive subs we managed to gain more control of the game and score another 3. Also without Robles making a few key saves, Bournemouth would have likely gone 4-3 up.

I expect we'll concede more soft goals in the next few months but I don't expect us to concede 3 goals per game or even 2 goals per game on average between now and the end of the season.

February 04, 2017, 11:59:49 PM
Reply #594

Paddockoldie

What a game for a neutral but for me it was agony and ecstasy. Think Williams is great but slow and gets turned too easily. Robles saved us again 2 weeks running. Lookman faded badly and needs to be impact sub at moment when i thought he was ready before this game. Rom is a monster but we'll be fighting to keep him on this form.
Barkley played really well today and loved the arms raised before passing it into the net.. his assist was sublime too.
Barry needs to be a sub sad to say. Great result especially as the shite got beat and Niasse scored... great weekend all round but i bet Koeman is pissed with the defending second half. Just hope utd get beat tomoz.

February 05, 2017, 12:04:23 AM
Reply #595

School of Science

Anyone else enjoying the BBC Merseyside phone in?

http://streema.com/radios/BBC_Merseyside

Latest depressed rs seems to be comparing Klopp to Martinez.  :snigger:

Good calls by bluenoses giving great credit to Robles; stabilizing force today.

Ha good to hear about Klopp and also agree about Joe Robles, who has come on leaps and bounds this year. That save at 3-2 today won us the game, fantastic. Love the way Joel is commanding his box and if he carries on with this form, then we will not need a keeper next year.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:07:48 AM by School of Science »
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

February 05, 2017, 12:08:08 AM
Reply #596

TheTone

today was like that mad Blackpool game back in 2011, big louis saha with 4 that day too

February 05, 2017, 12:14:30 AM
Reply #597

Sixx1402

Just got in from work and........my god.

Bet there was some pant shitting and pant creaming in equal measure on here today
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

February 05, 2017, 12:15:37 AM
Reply #598

Sixx1402

Just read back through the entire matchday thread because well........i just had to!
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

February 05, 2017, 12:16:50 AM
Reply #599

Gash

Global Moderator
Just got in from work and........my god.

Bet there was some pant shitting and pant creaming in equal measure on here today

Just read back through the entire matchday thread because well........i just had to!

In 50 seconds? ;)