October 17, 2018, 08:42:57 PM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy  (Read 25468 times)

June 11, 2018, 02:11:37 PM
Reply #375

Toddacelli

Think the idea was that the target man would be laying the ball off/ knocking it down to him and his runs from deep into the box.

Probably the biggest casualty from not signing the striker.

100% This.

We haven't had a look at him yet in a system he is suited to but I'm hoping Silva has him in his plans.

He captained a young side to a European final. His fans loved him so much they gave him a standing ovation after he left them for a big money move. He spoke well after being left out, showing character, determination and leadership.

But maybe the only thing that matters is what happens on the pitch?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 11, 2018, 02:48:31 PM
Reply #376

hannu

id like to see him given a second chance, no one played well last season, everyone looked dog shit, i am convinced there is a player in there somewhere

June 12, 2018, 12:39:16 AM
Reply #377

Tony Clifton

Heard Besiktas have turned attention to other options - one being Manuel Fernandes.

We may as well keep Klaassen around anyway... still keen to prove himself here, seems like a good lad, and he could very well be of some use - unlike a dozen or so others in the squad. 

June 12, 2018, 01:44:45 AM
Reply #378

Lxxx

Heard Besiktas have turned attention to other options - one being Manuel Fernandes.

We may as well keep Klaassen around anyway... still keen to prove himself here, seems like a good lad, and he could very well be of some use - unlike a dozen or so others in the squad. 

I just don't see where he plays though, especially if Brands wants to give youngsters a go as well. He's not strong enough to tackle a paper bag in central midfield and we have Sig and Vlasic who are more suited to this league as an attacking midfielder. I know he must have something about him to be a well regarded captain of Ajax but I didn't see anything last season to make me think there was a player there.

Still, at £120k/week if we can't offload him as you say we have no choice but to have him around.

June 12, 2018, 09:59:53 AM
Reply #379

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Talking of Sig whenís he fit again?
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 12, 2018, 10:53:05 AM
Reply #380

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Talking of Sig whenís he fit again?
has played in Iceland last two friendly scoring a pen in one of the games. Played 90 minuttes or something in total. Should be fit for Argentina

June 12, 2018, 03:09:34 PM
Reply #381

dangermouse

If Fernandes is the alternative they were never really interested in Klassen.
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

June 12, 2018, 03:25:29 PM
Reply #382

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
People trying to say insidefutbol isnít a legit source?

Iím not having that.

June 12, 2018, 04:23:41 PM
Reply #383

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Pff. Next they will be saying HITC is full of shit...

June 12, 2018, 05:49:51 PM
Reply #384

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 12, 2018, 07:22:58 PM
Reply #385

themilkycoffees

has played in Iceland last two friendly scoring a pen in one of the games. Played 90 minuttes or something in total. Should be fit for Argentina

He scored but it wasn't a pen. It was a delightful, little chip from a tight angle.

June 12, 2018, 07:33:56 PM
Reply #386

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
He scored but it wasn't a pen. It was a delightful, little chip from a tight angle.
You are right.... but he would have scored a pen if he had played the first half  ;)