June 20, 2018, 03:00:45 PM

Author Topic: Lennon  (Read 9939 times)

January 04, 2018, 10:07:14 PM
Reply #30

Toddacelli

When does that ever happen with Arron Lennon?

Your post and the people who liked it are typical of the Ďplucky Evertoní syndrome and happy to be best of the rest.
West Brom need some fans, you would probably like Robson-Kanu and Brunt cause they run around a lot as well.

Bullshit x3

1) I want us to compete at the top as much as anyone - I was raised on the team of the 80's.
2) Nowt to do with plucky Everton - the defence of Aaron Lennon (please take note of the spelling) was because the lad's thanks to the fans and bravery through adversity was not the time for cheap cunts to kick him in the nuts.
3) No-one would be happy with Robson-Kanu and Brunt for running around. There is a difference between appreciating a limited player working hard and actually wanting limited players who work hard or thinking they would be good for us - in fact I'm not even sure what you're implying - that I don't know the difference between Robson-Kanu and Lionel Messi because I appreciate people who try hard?

Not at all happy to be the best of the rest but sometimes you get what you deserve and maybe fans who rip into their own players at every opportunity only deserve mid table mediocrity. Just fuck off.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 04, 2018, 10:36:51 PM
Reply #31

therealdunc

Call a spade a spade

Be honest about your players

Be honest about the facts and evidence before you

Itís a good way to live your life
Blue

January 04, 2018, 10:44:17 PM
Reply #32

Gary1878

Looking at Lennon the player, I genuinely think he has been a vital part of our resurgence post-Koeman.

He was one of the first players brought in by Unsworth to make sure that we had a proper attacking presence and some pace. He also provides good defensive cover.

All in all, he is a great player to have in the squad and as an aside, I am so happy for him that he has been able to get his life back on track.

January 04, 2018, 10:45:07 PM
Reply #33

Cereal Killer

Call a spade a spade

Be honest about your manager

January 04, 2018, 11:45:08 PM
Reply #34

BlueForYou

Lennon, technically brilliant with superb close control and quick feet

Funnily enough, a mix 'n' match between him and Walcott would be some player!

That may be Gray at Leicester!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 04, 2018, 11:52:56 PM
Reply #35

gizzblue

Call a spade a spade

It's a good way to live your life
Call a spade a spade (unless its Allardyce then you have an agenda)

Be honest about your players (but be blind about the manager or you have an agenda) .

Be honest about the facts in front of you (unless it's anything to do with the manager then your all wrong)

It's a good way to live your life
(Telling everyone with differing views they have an agenda )

Fixed.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:54:53 PM by gizzblue »

January 05, 2018, 06:05:08 AM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I like Lennon, but if I ask myself where in the league I think he probably belongs at this stage of his career I would say about where we are. 9th/10th, maybe lower.

Same for a lot of our players tbh. Probably our problem really. Not enough top 6/7 quality, never mind top 4. Breaking the top 6 in his era would feel like breaking the top 4 in the early 00’s.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 05, 2018, 03:26:08 PM
Reply #37

Toddacelli

Call a spade a spade

I am honest about the facts.

The facts are:

Lennon took time out to thank the fans for their support and to reach out to let other people know that they need not suffer alone and that there is hope. Fact.

Anyone who took this as a cue to give him shit for his footballing ability deserves their teeth to turn to turds in their mouths. Fact.

I would choose Vlasic over Lennon any day of the week, but this was just not the time to bring this up. The man was baring a very private side of his life in order to bring hope and awareness to others. He's a person as well as a footballer.

What's wrong with being human?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 05, 2018, 04:05:50 PM
Reply #38

Waltzer

Lennon, technically brilliant with superb close control and quick feet

Funnily enough, a mix 'n' match between him and Walcott would be some player!

That may be Gray at Leicester!

Funny peoples perception of players as I really dont see it. Dont get me wrong I think hes okay, but a bottom half/ top of the championship player, nothing more. I often think he has to turn out and run to the corner as he isnt that great with close control, the only time he beats anyone is with his pace down the line, but then its pretty pointless as his delivery is terrible.

January 05, 2018, 06:01:07 PM
Reply #39

blueski

Personally think his footwork is a little sloppy but heís so quick it all looks planned. Much respect for him as a person. But I wish he had an end product!
Nil Satis

January 07, 2018, 04:52:46 PM
Reply #40

eyesalwaysblue

Facing family for the first time after something like that is ordeal enough, running out into a stadium takes balls of steel...well in lad...legend
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 07, 2018, 06:11:24 PM
Reply #41

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
This realdunc guy lolol

January 09, 2018, 02:37:01 AM
Reply #42

therealdunc

Aaron Lennon wanted by Bristol City and Burnley
Blue

January 09, 2018, 04:38:37 AM
Reply #43

boothill

Aaron Lennon wanted by Bristol City and Burnley
The phoneyspunk, wanted by the village he absconded from

January 11, 2018, 11:52:16 PM
Reply #44

Lxxx

Entering the last six months of his contract. Worth extending for a year?