July 16, 2018, 08:24:39 AM

Author Topic: Joe's letter  (Read 3052 times)

January 10, 2018, 10:51:57 PM
Reply #30

sirblue57

Of course he did. This is substantially more than he would have made last summer if we'd sold him for £35m.

We were mad keen to sell at that point, Chelsea were interested in buying.

Chelsea would have indicated that if they can get him for less than the £35m demanded then the agent fee (part of which is not directly associated with transfer value) will be substantially higher. All Chelsea had to do was wait 4 months to save 20m (minus the additional agent fee).

For me the hatred directed at Barkley is largely misplaced as he was stitched up like a kipper by his agent.
The agent works FOR Ross. Not the other way round.  Whatever you say, Ross had the final say. Ergo, he is a snidey cunt.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 12, 2018, 02:59:08 AM
Reply #31

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The agent works FOR Ross. Not the other way round.  Whatever you say, Ross had the final say. Ergo, he is a snidey cunt.

You really have no idea how the world works do you? In a world where the agents are as wealthy as the owners.. the players lag far behind. The better your agent, the better deal you get. To be with a super agent you have to follow their lead, not yours.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 12, 2018, 03:05:54 AM
Reply #32

gizzblue

You really have no idea how the world works do you? In a world where the agents are as wealthy as the owners.. the players lag far behind. The better your agent, the better deal you get. To be with a super agent you have to follow their lead, not yours.
So are you actually suggesting Ross was forced out by his agent ☺.

January 12, 2018, 03:10:13 AM
Reply #33

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

I think forced out is harsh but he was definitely telling him how to engineer a move and why he would want a move.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 12, 2018, 03:18:34 AM
Reply #34

UnsyisaRhino

More likely manipulated? Thats what agents do, manipulate people to get what they want. A better contract for his player, more money for himself, or a move with huge signing fees.

From what everyone says...how hard would it be to convince Ross that a move is the right thing...especially with the koeman's criticism and the abuse some of the fanbase gave him.

January 12, 2018, 03:25:07 AM
Reply #35

Ramjam

More likely manipulated? Thats what agents do, manipulate people to get what they want. A better contract for his player, more money for himself, or a move with huge signing fees.

From what everyone says...how hard would it be to convince Ross that a move is the right thing...especially with the koeman's criticism and the abuse some of the fanbase gave him.

His new manager has already said he didn’t want him and as for their fans they will give him shit as well so who’s fault will it be next ?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 12, 2018, 03:25:51 AM
Reply #36

School of Science

Remember all the people saying on here, that Barkleys contract should be conducted behind closed doors and out of the limelight. Well maybe we all know why it wasn't now, what with his agent not answering any calls for six months. Loved Ross as a player and often defended him when out of form or from criticism, but now i can never forgive him for the cold hearted and sly way he left us. His agent is a cunt. Koeman was called a lot of things on here but now the circumstances of Barkley running his contract down are coming out. Never even had the courage or the grace of putting a transfer request in.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 12, 2018, 03:43:27 AM
Reply #37

UnsyisaRhino

His new manager has already said he didn’t want him and as for their fans they will give him shit as well so who’s fault will it be next ?

All that has happened since or hasnt happened. Not saying Ross has no responsibility, but i wouldnt be shocked if his agent played a major part in engineering a situation that made more money for them.

January 12, 2018, 03:02:23 PM
Reply #38

sirblue57

No matter how good the agent is, the decision is down to Ross.   He has had a long time to make this decision , it's not as if he has engineered the move at the last minute like Rooney, this has been a long drawn out saga.
I don't think even you believe Ross is stupid enough not to see his agent has influenced him into a decision like this.
No Ross has thought this through, agreed to it and followed it through.
Unlike Rooney, this is a cold calculated decision.
He is a snidey cunt.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 12, 2018, 03:24:44 PM
Reply #39

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
This is exactly like Rooney. Naive kid spoon-fed ideas by a figure he trusts to act in his best interests (if he didnt believe that he would have a different agent).

I can see him going to Chelsea to have an extra UK academy graduate in their squad. Make a few appearances and then get sold for a profit in 18 months time. Making Barkley, his agent & this time Chelsea another tidy little payday.

January 12, 2018, 03:29:07 PM
Reply #40

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
In all this though, his agent has just done his job really well hasn't he?

He's got the most money for him and his client, and the best chance of winning some silverware. It's not too different to Rooneys agent back in the day, look at what he achieved by moving at that age, he's won absolutely everything and earned a ridiculous amount.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 12, 2018, 04:01:13 PM
Reply #41

sam of the south

Running down his contract, turning down the move in the summer, getting rehabbed at Everton whilst continuing to pull in his Everton wage, and then leaving for less than half what we would've got in the summer is shitcuntery from Barkley, whatever way you dress it up.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 12, 2018, 05:25:01 PM
Reply #42

bacon sarnie

Barkleys up there with Mark Hughes. Both wealthy & forgotten.

January 12, 2018, 06:01:25 PM
Reply #43

blue1948

This is exactly like Rooney. Naive kid spoon-fed ideas by a figure he trusts to act in his best interests (if he didnt believe that he would have a different agent).

I can see him going to Chelsea to have an extra UK academy graduate in their squad. Make a few appearances and then get sold for a profit in 18 months time. Making Barkley, his agent & this time Chelsea another tidy little payday.
Too many variables there ,first he is stupid then he is given credit for knowing what he is doing with his agent ,profit when selling on means he will progress -something he hasn't done yet .

January 12, 2018, 06:02:53 PM
Reply #44

blue1948

Running down his contract, turning down the move in the summer, getting rehabbed at Everton whilst continuing to pull in his Everton wage, and then leaving for less than half what we would've got in the summer is shitcuntery from Barkley, whatever way you dress it up.
Liked just for the new word ,it will get past most filters