August 15, 2018, 03:18:44 AM

Author Topic: Laugh along with those loveable Reds...  (Read 163096 times)

Bob Sacamano and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

April 25, 2018, 04:09:41 PM
Reply #2310

Toffee1

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/family-travels-to-liverpool-as-irishman-remains-in-critical-condition-following-anfield-assault-36843040.html

bad this

going to kick off over there isn't it

Hope he recovers, as no one should have this happen to them going to watch a game of football.

April 25, 2018, 08:55:55 PM
Reply #2311

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think the media hyperbole grinds my gears more than anything else regarding Liverpool. Whenever they do something it has to be the best, most unique, special [...] ever.

I mean saw this headline this AM on the BBC:
"Liverpool 5-2 Roma: Win unlike any football I've seen before - Lawrenson"

I mean really? How limited is your perspective that this is the case? So sycophantic.

April 25, 2018, 11:24:09 PM
Reply #2312

bluenuck

I think the media hyperbole grinds my gears more than anything else regarding Liverpool. Whenever they do something it has to be the best, most unique, special [...] ever.

I mean saw this headline this AM on the BBC:
"Liverpool 5-2 Roma: Win unlike any football I've seen before - Lawrenson"

I mean really? How limited is your perspective that this is the case? So sycophantic.

Over here in Canada we have the Toronto Maple leafs of the NHL. It's the same friggin thing. Every broadcaster, pundit, etc. is either an ex player or cheers for them and they gush over every little good detail. I actually don't hate the team or it's players, I hate the fact that they get talked about for the first 20 minutes of the 30 minute highlights show, and their fans think their shit doesn't smell.

April 26, 2018, 12:41:14 AM
Reply #2313

Macca77

April 26, 2018, 01:02:06 AM
Reply #2314

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

April 26, 2018, 02:12:41 AM
Reply #2315

MmmblueBernard

Victim mode cranked up to 11 today. Yes itís bad what happened but itís not an unfamiliar occurrence in football is it.

Itís overshadowing a great victory.

Maybe theyíre attempting to get Roma fans banned from, Er, Roma.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

April 26, 2018, 04:43:52 AM
Reply #2316

Jamokachi

The sad truth is, if they hadn't have been so intent on creating this "hostile atmosphere" as seen against City, chances are there wouldn't have been tooled up Roma fans turning up. And, as the above tweet shows, there would have been more Police resources to spread around.

I don't like making this point when a poor bloke is fighting for his life, but you reap what you sow.

April 26, 2018, 04:46:37 AM
Reply #2317

Gash

Global Moderator
The sad truth is, if they hadn't have been so intent on creating this "hostile atmosphere" as seen against City, chances are there wouldn't have been tooled up Roma fans turning up. And, as the above tweet shows, there would have been more Police resources to spread around.

I don't like making this point when a poor bloke is fighting for his life, but you reap what you sow.

Said that to someone earlier. The clubs have both rightly condemned the behaviour but when you pelt the away bus with bottles and smash some windows on it a couple of weeks earlier it's no surprise when something kicks off the next time your at home.

April 26, 2018, 09:24:22 AM
Reply #2318

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Over here in Canada we have the Toronto Maple leafs of the NHL. It's the same friggin thing. Every broadcaster, pundit, etc. is either an ex player or cheers for them and they gush over every little good detail. I actually don't hate the team or it's players, I hate the fact that they get talked about for the first 20 minutes of the 30 minute highlights show, and their fans think their shit doesn't smell.

This is so true. Hate the Leafs. They are definitely the kopites of hockey. Luckily they lost tonight and are out.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 26, 2018, 01:03:22 PM
Reply #2319

Ramjam

These wankers came into my bottle shop today, sick looking at them
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 26, 2018, 02:55:23 PM
Reply #2320

MmmblueBernard

Mo Salah is now the bestest player in the world ever.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

April 26, 2018, 03:07:43 PM
Reply #2321

Toffee1

I can't accept that he is now being mentioned in the same breath as Messi and Ronaldo, by a number of so-called football experts. Granted he has scored a lot of goals but what has he actually won, except for the player of the year award. It is not very often that I agree with Flop, but he did say this week, that for him to be classed in that category, he needs to do this over a period of time. Time will tell but the media circus around him (none of which is his fault or doing) is ridiculous.

April 26, 2018, 04:05:35 PM
Reply #2322

Macca77

He is, and they will continue to tell us all this at every opportunity, well until he fucks off to Madrid in a year or 2

April 26, 2018, 05:04:41 PM
Reply #2323

Cereal Killer

A hopeful prediction of the future:

Salah to get a hamstring injury before the final

Redshite fans to campaign to have the final delayed until he's fit, media to petition UEFA

Real win 3-0 as it's not moved

Redshite fans to campaign to have the final replayed as Salah wasn't fit

Claim they basically won the CL in 2018 as they're the best team and would've walked it if Salah had been playing

April 26, 2018, 06:26:55 PM
Reply #2324

74Blue

A hopeful prediction of the future:

Salah to get a hamstring injury before the final

Redshite fans to campaign to have the final delayed until he's fit, media to petition UEFA

Real win 3-0 as it's not moved

Redshite fans to campaign to have the final replayed as Salah wasn't fit

Claim they basically won the CL in 2018 as they're the best team and would've walked it if Salah had been playing
Even better would be for him to pick the injury up just as he's clean through in the final, which ends the game for him and they go on to lose...

...now that would be an even more bitter pill, especially if it's ruptured ligaments or similar.