June 22, 2018, 01:02:51 PM

Author Topic: What to do with our current squad  (Read 16793 times)

April 11, 2018, 04:38:46 PM
Reply #120

GrantyBoy78

Jags is still the best CB at the club, I donít see any benefit in getting rid.

April 11, 2018, 04:50:30 PM
Reply #121

themilkycoffees

Think that says far more about the current lack of quality centre backs at the club than Jagielka's current ability. The players and a decent percentage of the fans are happy finishing mid-table as long as there's a good culture in the dressing room.

April 11, 2018, 05:11:18 PM
Reply #122

Lxxx

If we still have any of the current centre backs at the club starting the first game of next season it'll be another reason to boot Walsh back down the east lancs. None of them are good enough and I'll include Holgate in that, although he does have time on his side to get there eventually.

April 11, 2018, 05:18:02 PM
Reply #123

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Think that says far more about the current lack of quality centre backs at the club than Jagielka's current ability. The players and a decent percentage of the fans are happy finishing mid-table as long as there's a good culture in the dressing room.

So the answer is to get rid of Williams maybe Mori not the best centre back we have then yes? If Jags then becomes our third or fourth choice centre back then he's more likely to put up with that and be dependable when called upon than our other defenders. Same goes for Baines.

April 11, 2018, 05:26:28 PM
Reply #124

themilkycoffees

So the answer is to get rid of Williams maybe Mori not the best centre back we have then yes? If Jags then becomes our third or fourth choice centre back then he's more likely to put up with that and be dependable when called upon than our other defenders. Same goes for Baines.

Would rather see us bring in 2 new CBs and keep Holgate and Keane as the two other options myself but I take your point.

April 11, 2018, 05:47:11 PM
Reply #125

Lxxx

Would rather see us bring in 2 new CBs and keep Holgate and Keane as the two other options myself but I take your point.

I'm more in line with this however if we could get rid of Keane I would do. Never been as underwhelmed by a player in recent years given his reputation before arriving and the big price tag. Richard Dunne was a big lad and a plodder but he had a decent bit of pace once he got going, Keane looks like he's running in sand. 

April 11, 2018, 06:04:40 PM
Reply #126

boothill

I'm more in line with this however if we could get rid of Keane I would do. Never been as underwhelmed by a player in recent years given his reputation before arriving and the big price tag. Richard Dunne was a big lad and a plodder but he had a decent bit of pace once he got going, Keane looks like he's running in sand.
honey monster was great, and despite several warnings couldnt lay off the ale , and was becoming a bad influence on michael ball, so off he was sent

April 11, 2018, 06:07:33 PM
Reply #127

Lxxx

honey monster was great, and despite several warnings couldnt lay off the ale , and was becoming a bad influence on michael ball, so off he was sent

Ended up having a decent career though, got better with age.

April 11, 2018, 06:12:03 PM
Reply #128

Macca77

Wipe them out....all of them

April 11, 2018, 06:28:26 PM
Reply #129

KoemansNumberTens

Itís probably a 3 or 4 window job fixing this and thatís assuming we get the vast majority of it right which seems unlikely that weíve got almost everything wrong.

New left back, new cover at left back, new centre halves, a genuine play maker, a pacy striker, decent wingers

Itís more a question of what we donít need.

Pickford Coleman gueye sigurdsson Walcott and tosan. Weíve a 5 a side team and a sub with literally no star quality

We are at the stage where we need to prey that some of the young players come on leaps and bounds and fill some of the many gaps

April 11, 2018, 06:46:43 PM
Reply #130

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Itís probably a 3 or 4 window job fixing this and thatís assuming we get the vast majority of it right which seems unlikely that weíve got almost everything wrong.

New left back, new cover at left back, new centre halves, a genuine play maker, a pacy striker, decent wingers

Pickford Coleman gueye sigurdsson Walcott and tosan. Weíve a 5 a side team and a sub with literally no star quality

We are at the stage where we need to prey that some of the young players come on leaps and bounds and fill some of the many gaps

I think Baines becomes the cover at left back if we bring in a decent one. I agree on the rest though.

April 11, 2018, 06:48:21 PM
Reply #131

themilkycoffees

Fully agree with the above. We have got some good young players too though, even if the current manager refuses to use them. Lookman and Vlasic are both promising talents who could develop into great players. The news CBs, the LB and the playmaker are absolute musts in the summer and they all need to be starting 11 players.

April 11, 2018, 06:53:22 PM
Reply #132

Lxxx

Aye. We need to hope Beningime gets in the gym and becomes a beast or one or two of the others flourish otherwise as you say it could be some time before we have a proper squad again. It's gonna need some creative trading this summer to remodel the squad to be fit for purpose, we have very few who are in or approaching the prime of their career.

April 11, 2018, 07:00:34 PM
Reply #133

Ross

Wonder whatíll happen with Mangala?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 11, 2018, 07:01:24 PM
Reply #134

dunkster

The biggest issue I have with this squad this season is not having any manager who has brought out anything from these players. Klaasen is the biggest example. There's clearly a player there. Under the right manager, formation, tactics etc. He might be brilliant.
It's so hard to judge who's crap or not. Look how Walcott is falling back with each game under fat sams reign
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER