September 20, 2018, 04:37:33 PM

Poll

Quite simple- Yes or No.

Yes
13 (5.8%)
No
213 (94.2%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: Do you want Sam Allardyce to be Everton manager next season?  (Read 60404 times)

April 08, 2018, 06:05:37 PM
Reply #390

TheTone

Leicester have a better manager than us, that's about it

April 08, 2018, 06:07:37 PM
Reply #391

blue slug

Chilwell, Mahrez and vardy would walk into our starting 11

April 08, 2018, 06:09:08 PM
Reply #392

Bluedylan

Nah, they've got some good players. We'd have Ndidi, Gray, Adrien Silva, Chilwell, Maguire, Vardy, Mahrez in a heartbeat.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 08, 2018, 06:09:28 PM
Reply #393

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Chilwell, Mahrez and vardy would walk into our starting 11

I'm having Baines over chillwell all day.

April 08, 2018, 06:16:49 PM
Reply #394

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, they've got some good players. We'd have Ndidi, Gray, Adrien Silva, Chilwell, Maguire, Vardy, Mahrez in a heartbeat.

Bar Mahrez and Vardy would you expect any of them to make a massive difference?

They’ve only got two points more than us and I don’t think Puel is in Allardyce company.

Most players at that level (and ours seemingly) are heavily influenced by the general collective around them.

April 08, 2018, 06:17:54 PM
Reply #395

blue slug

Well I’d say chilwell has a good 10 years left in the tank so would take him over Baines now

April 08, 2018, 06:19:05 PM
Reply #396

Ross

They're so good they’ve got two points more than us and have won the same amount of games so far even though it’s universally accepted we’ve been shit from day one this season.

This supposed gap in quality between us isn't really reflected in the reality of the situation.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 08, 2018, 06:29:22 PM
Reply #397

KoemansNumberTens

They do have 2 players way better than anything we have too. We lack any star quality. We have no one who scares the big sides.

April 08, 2018, 06:39:33 PM
Reply #398

gizzblue

They do have 2 players way better than anything we have too. We lack any star quality. We have no one who scares the big sides.
But but bu .....Wayne...

Oh yeah.

April 08, 2018, 06:48:42 PM
Reply #399

AllyBlue14

They're so good they’ve got two points more than us and have won the same amount of games so far even though it’s universally accepted we’ve been shit from day one this season.

This supposed gap in quality between us isn't really reflected in the reality of the situation.

I don't think anyone is saying they're way better than us, just that we dont have a divine right to finish above them.

We're quite equal, but they have a couple of players (who helped win them the league 2 years ago) that can win games single-handedly. We did in Lukaku and, to a lesser extent, Barkley but they left and weren't suitable replaced. As such, we have a weaker team and replicating 7th place - even in a crap league - was always going to be a struggle this season.

April 08, 2018, 07:12:47 PM
Reply #400

Ross

I don't think anyone is saying they're way better than us, just that we dont have a divine right to finish above them.

We're quite equal, but they have a couple of players (who helped win them the league 2 years ago) that can win games single-handedly. We did in Lukaku and, to a lesser extent, Barkley but they left and weren't suitable replaced. As such, we have a weaker team and replicating 7th place - even in a crap league - was always going to be a struggle this season.

And yet with these couple of players who can “win games single handedly” Leicester have won the exact number of games as we have this season when we’ve been awful, had extra European commitments and been through 3 managers and had some terrible runs while not being able to buy an away win for love nor money.

I don’t get why people speak about Leicester with such deference.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 07:14:09 PM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 08, 2018, 07:13:45 PM
Reply #401

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
And yet with these couple of players who can "win games single handedly” Leicester have won the exact number of games as we have this season when we've been awful, had extra European commitments and been through 3 managers and had some terrible runs and can't buy an away way.

I don't get why people speak about Leicester with such deference.
Won the league and that didn't they
Simply simply lovely

April 08, 2018, 07:15:03 PM
Reply #402

Ross

Won the league and that didn't they

That’ll have no bearing on how they do next season.

April 08, 2018, 08:17:41 PM
Reply #403

Shogun

Administrator
Some people might want to actually check Leicester’s results.

They haven’t won at home for five matches, failing to beat Swansea, Stoke, Bournemouth and Newcastle during that run.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 08, 2018, 08:21:43 PM
Reply #404

Heisenberg