September 21, 2018, 06:57:52 PM

Poll

Quite simple- Yes or No.

Yes
13 (5.8%)
No
213 (94.2%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: Do you want Sam Allardyce to be Everton manager next season?  (Read 60537 times)

April 11, 2018, 04:20:47 PM
Reply #465

boothill

Honestly I am sold less and less on Marco Silva as time passes. I hope if we don't go for Fonseca that we look at managers like Emery or Blanc before settling for Silva.
Whats blanc done though ?

April 11, 2018, 04:23:50 PM
Reply #466

sam of the south

That's a lot of bollocks and should be ignored

Haha, we would become Leicester, minus Vardy, Mahrez, and definitely minus a league title
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 11, 2018, 04:25:29 PM
Reply #467

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Haha, we would become Leicester, minus Vardy, Mahrez, and definitely minus a league title

...and Shakespeare ...?

April 11, 2018, 04:35:47 PM
Reply #468

sam of the south

...and Shakespeare ...?

Haha, I donít think Ranieri would want Brutus behind him again

April 11, 2018, 04:45:43 PM
Reply #469

dunkster

I do hope it's something that's sorted pretty quickly. Look how long our last search took. It's far more important than any player that we are looking at buying.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

April 11, 2018, 04:50:44 PM
Reply #470

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Whats blanc done though ?

Won a few trophies with Bordeaux and PSG. They sacked him for not getting past CL quarters
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 11, 2018, 04:53:17 PM
Reply #471

Hawkandro

That's a lot of bollocks and should be ignored

It does seem like to the silly season has now begun in earnest again.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

April 11, 2018, 04:54:49 PM
Reply #472

themilkycoffees

We need a winner. Someone willing to put pressure on themselves to change the mentality of the whole club. Pochettino has done it at Spurs. They're expected to challenge for the league and are a Champions League level club now. We need someone who won't accept 7th in the league as a successful season for this club.

April 11, 2018, 05:00:18 PM
Reply #473

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
We need a winner. Someone willing to put pressure on themselves to change the mentality of the whole club. Pochettino has done it at Spurs. They're expected to challenge for the league and are a Champions League level club now. We need someone who won't accept 7th in the league as a successful season for this club.
Itís going to be interesting this Spurs team and seeing how Ponch deals with it. I think itís at its peak right now and will begin to break up based on important players aging and leaving. Will be watching to see how he deals with that. I doubt Kane will hang around too many more seasons if they donít win anything for a start.
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer

April 11, 2018, 05:05:50 PM
Reply #474

themilkycoffees

Agreed. It will be a difficult task to replace certain players if they do leave and he's working with a tight budget as it is. Regardless, I think he's done a good job in building that team and changing expectations from being the best of the rest to a genuine top four club.

April 11, 2018, 05:16:50 PM
Reply #475

Lxxx

It’s going to be interesting this Spurs team and seeing how Ponch deals with it. I think it’s at its peak right now and will begin to break up based on important players aging and leaving. Will be watching to see how he deals with that. I doubt Kane will hang around too many more seasons if they don’t win anything for a start.

They always sell high and buy reasonably wisely in recent seasons. They'll probably get top money for Alderweireld and a few other fringe players and invest it again in players who are young enough to increase in value. Ah, I remember them days...

April 11, 2018, 05:27:02 PM
Reply #476

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
They always sell high and buy reasonably wisely in recent seasons. They'll probably get top money for Alderweireld and a few other fringe players and invest it again in players who are young enough to increase in value. Ah, I remember them days...

It's getting the right blend of players back in that's the hard part. See what happened to them when they sold Bale and us this season after selling Lukaku. Not easy.
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer

April 11, 2018, 05:40:31 PM
Reply #477

Lxxx

It's getting the right blend of players back in that's the hard part. See what happened to them when they sold Bale and us this season after selling Lukaku. Not easy.

They made the same mistake we did in selling our best player and buying a load of players of a lower standard to compensate. We should have spent big for another striker and focal point for the team and then worked backwards from there.

April 11, 2018, 05:41:05 PM
Reply #478

sam of the south

Thatís the model to emulate

April 11, 2018, 05:42:26 PM
Reply #479

Lxxx

That’s the model to emulate

Strange thing is we already did this pretty well before Moshiri came in with his 'money is not a concern under me' mentality.