August 17, 2018, 03:57:11 PM

Poll

Quite simple- Yes or No.

Yes
13 (5.8%)
No
213 (94.2%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: Do you want Sam Allardyce to be Everton manager next season?  (Read 58053 times)

April 11, 2018, 05:52:30 PM
Reply #480

boothill

Won a few trophies with Bordeaux and PSG. They sacked him for not getting past CL quarters
Admit bordeaux, but that was 10 years ago, and psg is one of the worlds richest clubs and he done what was only expected with the players he brought in and still they were no great shakes, psg is to the french league what celtic is to the spl at the moment. i dont rate him tbh brownie

April 11, 2018, 05:55:24 PM
Reply #481

Bluedylan

They always sell high and buy reasonably wisely in recent seasons. They'll probably get top money for Alderweireld and a few other fringe players and invest it again in players who are young enough to increase in value. Ah, I remember them days...

Yeah that's it. They'll be selling Rose and Alderweireld this season, both of whom were very important players. But they both fluttered their eyelashes elsewhere, and Poch just wasn't having it. He doesn't give a fuck who you are and what your rep is (maybe Kane aside). He's already got Alderweireld's replacement in with half a season under his belt, and I dare say they've prepared a replacement for Rose. Brilliant, ruthless management. If you're not totally with us, you're against us.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 11, 2018, 05:56:37 PM
Reply #482

boothill

They always sell high and buy reasonably wisely in recent seasons. They'll probably get top money for Alderweireld and a few other fringe players and invest it again in players who are young enough to increase in value. Ah, I remember them days...
That levy is very shrewd, mosh wouldnt do himself any harm studying him for a while

April 11, 2018, 06:05:09 PM
Reply #483

Lxxx

Yeah that's it. They'll be selling Rose and Alderweireld this season, both of whom were very important players. But they both fluttered their eyelashes elsewhere, and Poch just wasn't having it. He doesn't give a fuck who you are and what your rep is (maybe Kane aside). He's already got Alderweireld's replacement in with half a season under his belt, and I dare say they've prepared a replacement for Rose. Brilliant, ruthless management. If you're not totally with us, you're against us.

It sounds simple in theory. Insist on a high energy, high press style of play to overwhelm the opposition and buy players young enough to fit that style. Then put an arm around players to bring them together as a group but know that they're all dispensable should the need arise.

As ever with management in all professions though you need the personality to execute it and the mentality to demand people buy into you but that's only a small % of the population. Him and Guardiola stand out as they're the epitome of it.

You'd like to think there are some young coaches out there looking at them two and striving to learn every detail in order to attempt to emulate it. This is where your Director of Football should be conducting his searches and if he can't find one that's already out there then trying to identify individuals who stand out and who we could invest in and mould, with the right level of support and backing.

April 11, 2018, 06:25:42 PM
Reply #484

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Admit bordeaux, but that was 10 years ago, and psg is one of the worlds richest clubs and he done what was only expected with the players he brought in and still they were no great shakes, psg is to the french league what celtic is to the spl at the moment. i dont rate him tbh brownie

TBH I just looked up his record to answer your question for myself. I'm becoming apathetic to the whole manager thing until Sam has gone
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 11, 2018, 07:09:06 PM
Reply #485

KoemansNumberTens

They made the same mistake we did in selling our best player and buying a load of players of a lower standard to compensate. We should have spent big for another striker and focal point for the team and then worked backwards from there.

I would say least they had a punt at finding the next Gareth bale. They signed a load of unproven flair players in the hope of getting lucky. Was shit but there was at least some sense in it. We seemed to sign a load of players who everyone knew weren’t ever gonna be quite good enough

April 11, 2018, 07:29:39 PM
Reply #486

Ramjam

I would say least they had a punt at finding the next Gareth bale. They signed a load of unproven flair players in the hope of getting lucky. Was shit but there was at least some sense in it. We seemed to sign a load of players who everyone knew weren't ever gonna be quite good enough
Everyone except us, we were all creaming our kecks over them
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 11, 2018, 07:34:22 PM
Reply #487

Lxxx

I would say least they had a punt at finding the next Gareth bale. They signed a load of unproven flair players in the hope of getting lucky. Was shit but there was at least some sense in it. We seemed to sign a load of players who everyone knew weren’t ever gonna be quite good enough

True. Eriksen has come good out of that round of recruitment so that alone makes it a success, Lamela isn't as bad as he first showed either.

We could probably double our money on Pickford shortly but that's about it. Unless Vlasic gets a go and turns out to be quality.

April 11, 2018, 07:37:34 PM
Reply #488

KoemansNumberTens

Everyone except us, we were all creaming our kecks over them

We were when they signed but beforehand almost everyone was quoting smaller prices from them. People were saying 15-20 for pickford and Keane were questioning if Rooney was worth the wages and no one thought sigurdsson was worth 45 at the beginning of the window. Think we just all got caught up in the excitement of our new wealth

April 11, 2018, 07:37:34 PM
Reply #489

Ramjam

Pickford needs to be England’s number one and only then we’d get good money for him
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 11, 2018, 07:42:35 PM
Reply #490

KoemansNumberTens

True. Eriksen has come good out of that round of recruitment so that alone makes it a success, Lamela isn't as bad as he first showed either.

We could probably double our money on Pickford shortly but that's about it. Unless Vlasic gets a go and turns out to be quality.

This is my issue with sigurdsson. Actually think he's been our best player this season but to sign someone who's 27-28 very consistent but a little unspectacular for such a premium. He was completely proven and a little short of our apparent ambitions. Not sure how we could expect much improvement from him. We have to be more imaginative in the market or at least like in Walcott's case get them for a good fee

We seem to want either proven or punts on kids. We need to be marketing ourselves as a better option than sitting on a champions league teams bench for the great prospects

April 11, 2018, 07:53:46 PM
Reply #491

Hawkandro

Jokanovic should be considered too, working miracles at Fulham.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

April 12, 2018, 12:22:04 AM
Reply #492

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford needs to be England’s number one and only then we’d get good money for him

If Pickford becomes England’s No.1 I’d rather like to keep him.

April 12, 2018, 12:52:32 AM
Reply #493

Alanvideo

Jokanovic should be considered too, working miracles at Fulham.
...............ok but what about Nuno at Wolves
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 12, 2018, 12:55:57 AM
Reply #494

boothill