June 22, 2018, 08:56:19 AM

Poll

Quite simple- Yes or No.

Yes
13 (5.8%)
No
213 (94.2%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: Do you want Sam Allardyce to be Everton manager next season?  (Read 53830 times)

April 20, 2018, 02:53:18 PM
Reply #735

Macca77

He’s made 10s or millions of pounds managing in 1 of the top 2 or 3 leagues in world football. You must be having 1 hell of a career to be able to laugh at that

Managing shite desperate teams, that's what he does, he is no better than Pardew, Pulis and Mark Hughes. They're cut from the same cloth

April 20, 2018, 02:54:37 PM
Reply #736

Ramjam

I must say the last two pages of this have been a real eye opener for me. I'm staggered that a few on here still support him, after everything that's gone on since he took over, everything he's said about us fans, the shite he constantly comes out with, his "its all me" attitude, then yesterday blaming our PR guy for the survey, basically calling the fella incompetent, and laughing about it. His utter arrogance is disgraceful

The man is full of shit, the longer he's here the worse its gonna get. I will say this, If and its a big If he is still in charge next season then it just proves how much of a shithouse Moshiri and the board are, what was it he said when he invested in the club "We don't want to stand still, we want to move forward and compete with the bigger boys", that will not happen with Allardyce in charge.

If your happy with mediocrity and shithouse tactics and happy to finish 10th or below, then he's the man for you. There is no chance we will get anywhere near the top 6 let alone the top 4 with him in charge.
Well said Macca, the guy is nothing more than a loud mouthed con artist
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 20, 2018, 03:12:19 PM
Reply #737

howard1334

He’s an okay manager. He’s done an okay job most places he’s been. Results wise here he’s done okay. People make out he couldn’t have done much worse but the reality is we are higher in the league and averaging more points then when he came. That’s not to say he’s done well but it’s certainly not been as bad as people are making out. We need better. We need someone people actually like and isn’t at war with the fans. People talk as if he’s been clueless though. It’s been a bad season beginning to end. 3 managers a DOF almost all the players the board. Allardyce is a minor part of the problem on account of almost everything being a problem

Ughh.

April 20, 2018, 03:14:02 PM
Reply #738

ajax_andy

Gash its not about trying to defend the man its more the worry that a new man comes in and it will take him 2 windows to look at the team and see what he needs to do , one thing I am sure about is Sam will sign us good players were we need them

I am 100% that we need him here next year am I happy about that hell no but the worry of what will happen with some new man coming in with a team of crap like this is frightening

lets look at what we would be hoping for next season top 7 we are not getting top 4
so with no euro crap in the mix this coming season and a summer window to sort some crap out
what would a new manager get us that Sam cant ? his points tells us that he will be in and about top 7 for sure can you say that about a new manager coming in no not really not with the time it will take him to look at the players and give some that need binned a go again and waste are time

like I said I really do think we need him here next season

if there was not so much wrong with this squad then ok but we need so many key spots filled in the summer we don't have the time for a new man to come in

I have read this several times now and still can't work out your logic.  So a new manager won't guarantee us 7th playing drab awful football?  Is that it?  Great!  I'm all for finishing 10th or what ever and playing exciting football, building for the future and letting the youngsters and new signings bed in so we can push on in the coming seasons.

Coming 7th playing hoofball with a man in charge whose toxic, trolling the fans, slagging off the club staff, binning the youngsters at the first opportunity etc etc is NOT something we NEED or should aspire to in any way shape or form.

April 20, 2018, 03:56:11 PM
Reply #739

KoemansNumberTens

Managing shite desperate teams, that's what he does, he is no better than Pardew, Pulis and Mark Hughes. They're cut from the same cloth

I’m not suggesting he’s great. Just that a load of people on a forum calling him a born loser is a little much. He’s infinitely more successful than anyone on here

April 20, 2018, 03:58:14 PM
Reply #740

KoemansNumberTens

Also I love how outraged everyone is about what he’s said. He’s at worst down in the gutter with the 99% on here that called him names from minute 1.

Look I want a new manager. It has to happen now but the reality of his performance is a little different to the story most of you want to tell

April 20, 2018, 04:04:58 PM
Reply #741

Macca77

I’m not suggesting he’s great. Just that a load of people on a forum calling him a born loser is a little much. He’s infinitely more successful than anyone on here

Being a manager is probably one of the only jobs in the world where you get paid off for being shite

April 20, 2018, 04:08:44 PM
Reply #742

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Mate, you've just said he's had a fantastic career.

Also, your argument of 'he's more successful than anyone on here' is probably the worst thing I've seen on here.

Like saying 'well he's a better player than you' whenever someone says they don't rate a player.

April 20, 2018, 04:11:16 PM
Reply #743

Lxxx

If Allardyce's brief next season was to challenge the top 6 he wouldn't have a clue how to go about it, which is what it should come down to. He hasn't any idea how to get something from the 12 games against the top 6, the away games against the rest he sees a point being a good result so he'll concentrate on the home games against teams supposedly beneath us. That's mid table shite, at best, and it's all he's good for. You'd like to hope Moshiri knows enough about football to see that.

April 20, 2018, 04:16:49 PM
Reply #744

Macca77

If Allardyce's brief next season was to challenge the top 6 he wouldn't have a clue how to go about it, which is what it should come down to. He hasn't any idea how to get something from the 12 games against the top 6, the away games against the rest he sees a point being a good result so he'll concentrate on the home games against teams supposedly beneath us. That's mid table shite, at best, and it's all he's good for. You'd like to hope Moshiri knows enough about football to see that.

It seems a few on here would be pleased with mid table, it worries me that our board might be too

April 20, 2018, 04:17:06 PM
Reply #745

Jamokachi

Had a listen to the guardian podcast earlier, as well as the ramble. None of them had an issue with the survey. I respect the journos on these pods far more than anyone in “mainstream” media.

April 20, 2018, 04:26:18 PM
Reply #746

Bluedylan

Had a listen to the guardian podcast earlier, as well as the ramble. None of them had an issue with the survey. I respect the journos on these pods far more than anyone in “mainstream” media.

Yeah, I've got mates who support a few different Prem and non-Prem teams and this hasn't registered on their radars at all as a big, embarrassing issue. I think we overstate it and get carried away.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 20, 2018, 04:38:01 PM
Reply #747

bogie

I have read this several times now and still can't work out your logic.  So a new manager won't guarantee us 7th playing drab awful football?  Is that it?  Great!  I'm all for finishing 10th or what ever and playing exciting football, building for the future and letting the youngsters and new signings bed in so we can push on in the coming seasons.

Coming 7th playing hoofball with a man in charge whose toxic, trolling the fans, slagging off the club staff, binning the youngsters at the first opportunity etc etc is NOT something we NEED or should aspire to in any way shape or form.

try reading it again without your hate for Sam it is fucking blinding you

April 20, 2018, 04:42:07 PM
Reply #748

ajax_andy

try reading it again without your hate for Sam it is fucking blinding you

It's not though, everything I've stated is completely factual... show me where it isn't?

April 20, 2018, 04:42:42 PM
Reply #749

Tinga

Nobody gives a shit about Everton though, why would they? we are pretty much a nothing team right now.