October 22, 2018, 07:59:43 AM

Poll

Quite simple- Yes or No.

Yes
13 (5.8%)
No
213 (94.2%)

Total Members Voted: 226

Author Topic: Do you want Sam Allardyce to be Everton manager next season?  (Read 62734 times)

April 27, 2018, 06:15:47 PM
Reply #1095

Lxxx

Why call him for a showdown meeting then?  Whilst he's being paid he's in charge.  Doesn't really require confirmation. Just makes us look even worse in the media if they fuck him off weeks after he was told in a clear-the-air meeting that his job was safe.

Not really. They could have agreed to part ways at the end of the season and pay him off amicably. He keeps his mouth shut and plays the game until then and we get to keep things ticking over in the background on a replacement in the meantime.

Sam doesn't really want to be here, he can get paid the same amount of money for his final 12 months sat on his arse in Portugal or Chorley or somewhere instead of here with all the negativity fired at him from every angle. He's too long in the tooth to be worried about how it looks on his CV, he's done now with football management, time to retire.

I'm choosing to have faith on this one, probably because the alternative doesn't really bear thinking about.

April 27, 2018, 06:19:54 PM
Reply #1096

TheTone

I think if he had a new manager lined up he'd have informed Sam and it'd be written all over his face at the press conference. The fact it wasn't obvious means we're none the wiser and leaves me to think that our first choice, like Fonseca for example, is making us wait until he assesses all potential interest in him before letting us know. 

That Balague on Sky a while ago saying Fonseca refused us and is waiting for something better like the Arsenal job

April 27, 2018, 06:32:09 PM
Reply #1097

Macca77

That Balague on Sky a while ago saying Fonseca refused us and is waiting for something better like the Arsenal job

Balague knows fuck all, his track record at being completely wrong about everything is up there with the very best.

April 27, 2018, 06:39:52 PM
Reply #1098

Lxxx

Balague knows fuck all, his track record at being completely wrong about everything is up there with the very best.

Has he actually got any serious reputation or track record at all or is he just like that Richardson fella on Football Italia who just winged it by virtue of being an English football fan able to speak fluent Italian and wanted to move to Italy.   

April 27, 2018, 07:36:29 PM
Reply #1099

dunkster

Fonseca would be risking it going to Arsenal or Chelsea. They would expect instant results. For a very young manager with no premiership experience that's a tall order.
At everton he would be allowed a season at least to try and implement his methods. I for one would accept a similar final league position if it's clear he is bringing a better quality of football. There will be teething errors etc. As long as there's light at the end of the tunnel he would have support.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

April 27, 2018, 08:07:13 PM
Reply #1100

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'm probably a bit behind here but just saw this on the BBC:

Everton: Sam Allardyce says he will stay after talks with Farhad Moshiri

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43922460

I we saying that's just his spin? It seems like he's pretty concrete in his response.

"We discussed plans for next season yesterday. We have some clarity moving forward now," said the 63-year-old, whose contract expires in June 2019.

Asked to confirm whether he was staying next season, Allardyce said: "Didn't I just say that? For clarification, yes."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 08:08:18 PM by blueToffee »

April 27, 2018, 08:29:11 PM
Reply #1101

Bluedylan

So Dominic king is going to publish either today or tomoro that he is actually been told he's going?
And create even more confusion and our club a bigger laughing stock.

Calm down mate. The club's not a laughing stock. This is normal media stuff.

He's going. He was always going. They just have to play the media game.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 27, 2018, 08:56:41 PM
Reply #1102

bogie

Why call him for a showdown meeting then?  Whilst he's being paid he's in charge.  Doesn't really require confirmation. Just makes us look even worse in the media if they fuck him off weeks after he was told in a clear-the-air meeting that his job was safe.

tell me who said they called him for a showdown meeting ?
this meeting was set up weeks ago to talk about the coming window (player in and out) I did try to tell you yesterday
stop getting sucked in by the propaganda machine

April 27, 2018, 08:56:55 PM
Reply #1103

dunkster

Calm down mate. The club's not a laughing stock. This is normal media stuff.

He's going. He was always going. They just have to play the media game.

We are the talk in all media circles about all the wrong things. Already every man and his dog saying poor old Sam is being treated so badly and how ungrateful we are and how lucky we are to have him . If good old Sam comes out and says he's been told he has the boards backing and then king writes that is not true and that in fact he's being shoved out the door it'll be even more criticism aimed our way.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

April 27, 2018, 09:03:55 PM
Reply #1104

Bluedylan

We are the talk in all media circles about all the wrong things. Already every man and his dog saying poor old Sam is being treated so badly and how ungrateful we are and how lucky we are to have him . If good old Sam comes out and says he's been told he has the boards backing and then king writes that is not true and that in fact he's being shoved out the door it'll be even more criticism aimed our way.

We're not the talk in any media circles mate. Like that survey everyone was mortified by. No one else outside of Everton really gave a fuck. The people saying stuff like 'Allardyce has done well' are predominantly ex RS players who are on the windup, and people who don't really know or understand Everton.

I'm not really bothered about 'media criticism' aimed our way. I'm bothered as to whether I can actually support my team next season.

Allardyce wants his pay off, so he'll have to say the usual things about 'planning for next season' and all that shite. Don't worry about 'even more criticism aimed our way'. Who gives a fuck? They're people who watch us play twice a season, and then see a few results and think we're doing fine. Why are you bothered about any of that? Read between the lines a bit more.

April 27, 2018, 09:04:19 PM
Reply #1105

everton1952

The answer to the thread question is "No". However on 27th April 2018 this no longer matters. He is staying. Farhad sees no point in emptying out the whole newly recruited  backroom staff and the manager after only 5 months. That is how I read it. He might have done if a top manager rang and asked if there is a vacancy.

April 27, 2018, 09:07:45 PM
Reply #1106

Bluedylan

The answer to the thread question is "No". However on 27th April 2018 this no longer matters. He is staying. Farhad sees no point in emptying out the whole newly recruited  backroom staff and the manager after only 5 months. That is how I read it. He might have done if a top manager rang and asked if there is a vacancy.

Put your money where your mouth is then. I'll pay up if I'm wrong.

April 27, 2018, 09:09:16 PM
Reply #1107

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

Speaking as someone who lives away from the fair city of Liverpool, we are not being talked about massively. When people post that we are a 'laughing stock', we're really not. Noone outside of us fans really cares about us, which is worse probably. People need to chill out about things like that.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 27, 2018, 09:12:37 PM
Reply #1108

TheTone

fuck him and his gelled up hair then

April 27, 2018, 09:14:41 PM
Reply #1109

Macca77

Criticism from the media is the least of our problems right now