June 23, 2018, 07:33:39 PM

Author Topic: Diakhaby  (Read 879 times)

April 02, 2018, 09:47:58 PM
Read 879 times

sam of the south

Centre-Back tenuously linked.

The embedded video just shows a big bloke scoring some headers, then passing back to the keeper a lot, playing passes to teammates under pressure, making two bizarre defensive headers to himself, and making a few unconvincing clearances.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/everton/everton-would-solve-defensive-woes-with-the-addition-of-young-12-6m-rated-powerful-centre-back/
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 02, 2018, 10:03:10 PM
Reply #1

Cereal Killer

Centre-Back tenuously linked.

The embedded video just shows a big bloke scoring some headers, then passing back to the keeper a lot, playing passes to teammates under pressure, making two bizarre defensive headers to himself, and making a few unconvincing clearances.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/everton/everton-would-solve-defensive-woes-with-the-addition-of-young-12-6m-rated-powerful-centre-back/

So he's perfect for replacing Williams?

April 04, 2018, 05:16:27 PM
Reply #2

themilkycoffees

Would love to see us sign a defender who can defend well and is competent on the ball. Is that too much to ask?

April 04, 2018, 06:14:19 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

We need some pace and physical presence back there again. We haven't replaced Distin.

April 04, 2018, 06:25:46 PM
Reply #4

themilkycoffees

Distin would be an improvement on current options but that isn't saying much unfortunately. I think I'd only keep Holgate out of the current centre backs.

April 04, 2018, 07:03:33 PM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not sold on holgate at all you know.

Always QUITE liked the look of him on the ball and I think it’s a shame the way he’s been shit canned, but I don’t think he’s got the stature or aggression to be a prem cb.

Edit: plus I saw an article that rated his passing worse than keanes
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 04, 2018, 10:40:30 PM
Reply #6

D15TIN

Always QUITE liked the look of him on the ball and I think itís a shame the way heís been shit canned, but I donít think heís got the stature or aggression to be a prem cb.

agreed

April 04, 2018, 10:49:15 PM
Reply #7

Evertonian in NC

Always QUITE liked the look of him on the ball and I think itís a shame the way heís been shit canned, but I donít think heís got the stature or aggression to be a prem cb.

It's not really fair to try to rate him until he's had the chance to settle next to an experienced, in-form partner.  The whole defense has been in such shambles (and he's arguably been our best, though not saying much) it's hard to rate him individually.

There's raw talent there.  I agree it's no sure thing, just too soon to write off.  And seeing price tags, we really can't afford not to give him a full and fair shot.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

April 05, 2018, 03:32:05 AM
Reply #8

Ravardo

Thing with holgatrs passing is most of them are long balls which he seriously needs to knock on the head if he gets another chance that id