June 18, 2018, 05:04:12 PM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 36895 times)

April 23, 2018, 12:07:09 PM
Reply #270

blue1948

I honestly donít think Tuson will be here in 12 months time, I canít see him linking the play nor scoring enough goals, hope Iím wrong but weíll have to wait and see.
Going by reports from USM they all say he is a finisher ,a great finisher but he has had no service so wherever that comment comes from I cannot agree.

April 23, 2018, 12:24:37 PM
Reply #271

bluenuck

Excited about the news of brands maybe joining us. Seems like a good choice for dof.

But, and maybe I'm just a little tainted by the last few seasons, it doesn't really matter who we bring in, or how good they are if we don't give one man the responsibility of building this team. If we have 2-3 people buying players and having their hands in the cookie jar nothing will get fixed. It doesn't matter how good they are at their job. It won't work.

One man. One man has to have the responsibility. One man has to have the final say in everything. None of this agreeing shit that Walsh and Koeman had. One vision.

April 23, 2018, 01:29:55 PM
Reply #272

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I honestly donít think Tuson will be here in 12 months time, I canít see him linking the play nor scoring enough goals, hope Iím wrong but weíll have to wait and see.

Still question marks for me as well, as there should after so few minutes, but being absolutely honest - I would not judge any of our new signings until this absolute stinker of a season is behind us, and we can see what some of these guys are like with a half-functioning side around them.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 23, 2018, 01:40:33 PM
Reply #273

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I like the sound of it, but brands work has all been buy low sell high. Our philosophy recently has very much been buy high, give high wages, lose on a cheap, donít build a working squad.

Hopefully will be a mix of the two, buying low but with the purse strings relaxed.

I absolutely refuse to believe weíll get anywhere near ziyech or Lozano, but thereís about 5-6 young players in that league who are primed for CL level breakout seasons, they are two of them for sure and would definitely up our Ďgame changerí quota.

Sigurdsson

Ziyech  Tosun  Lozano

Well that doesnít look bad does it...

Yes I was thinking about the model that heís currently used to.

I suppose a positive can be taken from at PSV you donít just have a money generating brief, you have to provide players who win too.

Plus by Dutch standards they do have money, so itíll be about scaling it up a bit.

April 23, 2018, 03:04:12 PM
Reply #274

Ramjam

Going by reports from USM they all say he is a finisher ,a great finisher but he has had no service so wherever that comment comes from I cannot agree.
Fair enough, Iím judging him on what Iíve seen so far and Ive got my doubts, perhaps with a better manager and coaching staff as well as better players/providers he will kick on, hereís hoping
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 23, 2018, 03:30:32 PM
Reply #275

Lxxx

If he'd like to keep his links with PSV there's always the chance some of our talented youngsters could go there to learn a different way of playing football playing for a big club with pressure. Lookman is showing that time abroad picking up invaluable experience playing in a different style and picking up minutes at a high level should stand him in good stead when he comes back. Someone like Dowell or Kenny might benefit also.

April 23, 2018, 03:45:31 PM
Reply #276

Macca77

This been confirmed yet then?

April 23, 2018, 04:08:49 PM
Reply #277

plumber

Yes, some random blokes have confirmed it on Twitter. There were also a few vague hints in Mirror, so it's safe to say the deal is done and dusted.

April 23, 2018, 05:04:01 PM
Reply #278

Lxxx

There's enough noise to think its in the works but waiting for the right time to release it. On the same day as Allardyce and Walsh leaving might be a good one. Sort of burying good news with even better news. 

April 23, 2018, 05:58:51 PM
Reply #279

Ross

Excited about the news of brands maybe joining us. Seems like a good choice for dof.

But, and maybe I'm just a little tainted by the last few seasons, it doesn't really matter who we bring in, or how good they are if we don't give one man the responsibility of building this team. If we have 2-3 people buying players and having their hands in the cookie jar nothing will get fixed. It doesn't matter how good they are at their job. It won't work.

One man. One man has to have the responsibility. One man has to have the final say in everything. None of this agreeing shit that Walsh and Koeman had. One vision.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 23, 2018, 08:43:45 PM
Reply #280

Cozzie

That WRD fella on TEF reckons Walsh is as good as gone.

April 23, 2018, 08:51:04 PM
Reply #281

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
That WRD fella on TEF reckons Walsh is as good as gone.
Says there will be more to follow
Simply simply lovely

April 23, 2018, 08:52:56 PM
Reply #282

Cozzie

Hopefully Allerdyce as well, to be announced before the game tonight, one can hope.

April 23, 2018, 09:13:42 PM
Reply #283

Macca77

It's inevitable, Walsh goes, then his mate Allardyce follows

April 23, 2018, 09:26:36 PM
Reply #284

BlueMaquis

What do WRD and TEF mean?