October 19, 2018, 06:53:40 PM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 42994 times)

April 26, 2018, 06:15:44 PM
Reply #345

Ross

Does Raiola have any decent young players worth having at the moment?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 26, 2018, 06:46:39 PM
Reply #346

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Clearly 🙄

Yes, it’s a commonly used expression, try not to worry too much about my use of it.

April 26, 2018, 06:47:58 PM
Reply #347

Hesmenos

Lozano and Kluivert

April 26, 2018, 06:57:27 PM
Reply #348

KoemansNumberTens

Yes, it’s a commonly used expression, try not to worry too much about my use of it.

Well he's talking about leaving a job he's been very successful in uprooting his family and coming here. Clearly it all hinges on Sam allardyce?

April 26, 2018, 07:07:51 PM
Reply #349

kramer0

Can’t blame him though can you, clearly wants to know if they or going to sack Allardyce or not, if not then clearly he won’t come to us.

We may as well forget the director of football role if that's how we're going to continue to do things. If we're really invested in him, Brands needs to have a say in who manages the club next.

It's a policy that works though.

I'm happy with him using us as a stepping stone for good young talent.

Does it really work, though?

It's certainly gone well for Wolves but they've gotten CL quality youngsters in the Championship so no real surprise there. Mendes tried a lot of the same things at Valencia (same manager, even) and failed horribly. Valencia have only turned it around since hiring Marcelino (great manager who doesn't get enough attention) and cooling off on signing so many Mendes clients.

It's good to have good relationships with powerful agents but a dangerous game funneling most of your business through one.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:09:02 PM by kramer0 »

April 26, 2018, 07:26:01 PM
Reply #350

MmmblueBernard

Well he's talking about leaving a job he's been very successful in uprooting his family and coming here. Clearly it all hinges on Sam allardyce?

No, it hinges on Moshiri (hopefully) sacking Allardyce.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

April 26, 2018, 07:36:01 PM
Reply #351

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

What’s your problem ?

April 26, 2018, 07:38:32 PM
Reply #352

KoemansNumberTens

No, it hinges on Moshiri (hopefully) sacking Allardyce.

You know this how?

April 26, 2018, 07:40:42 PM
Reply #353

bogie

Does Raiola have any decent young players worth having at the moment?

why don't you go and look

April 26, 2018, 07:42:10 PM
Reply #354

KoemansNumberTens

What’s your problem ?

My problem. I really don’t have 1. Just not sure people should be passing stuff off as fact when they’ve absolutely no clue what does and what doesn’t go into a man they’ve never mets decision. I mean come on it’s an extremely complex decision for him and his family. I assume you don’t actually know any of them. I’ve not even seen a single report saying his decision has anything to do with allardyce. So you’ve just decided it does cos you want it to be so and are now passing it off as a fact

April 26, 2018, 07:44:12 PM
Reply #355

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It’d be a question of dependence.

We don’t want to be too tied down to one source of player.

But equally have easier access to players should be beneficial.

Agents exist to make money so he’d be unlikely to offer a load of duds but equally we would be in line to make as much money from sales as if we’d procured everything ourselves.

I think we’d actually be quite well placed to be a breeding ground, so to speak, for young players ready to move towards the prime of their careers (like Lukaku) so the risk on the real big fees wouldn’t likely be with us as we’d be the middling fee area the career step before.

But regarding the balance there’d be no point having a DoF if we were just using one source for players.

I’d guess that this would be more of a benefit from the close relationship rather than Raiola driving things (like Mendes at Wolves).

April 26, 2018, 07:48:51 PM
Reply #356

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
My problem. I really don’t have 1. Just not sure people should be passing stuff off as fact when they’ve absolutely no clue what does and what doesn’t go into a man they’ve never mets decision. I mean come on it’s an extremely complex decision for him and his family. I assume you don’t actually know any of them. I’ve not even seen a single report saying his decision has anything to do with allardyce. So you’ve just decided it does cos you want it to be so and are now passing it off as a fact

I’m not trying to pass anything off as fact, like I said, it’s a commonly used expression, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s definitive.

April 26, 2018, 07:54:07 PM
Reply #357

bogie

Louis van Gaal linked with Everton today not managed a team in 2 years was crap at Man u with all the money he had there

is this what yous are hoping for with Brands coming in ?

April 26, 2018, 08:01:37 PM
Reply #358

Bob Sacamano

Highly doubt we’d only get Raiola players lads. It’s a bit extreme thinking we aren’t allowed to sign others.

I reckon we’d get 2nd tier internationals and top tier youngsters if we jumped into bed with him.

April 26, 2018, 08:05:50 PM
Reply #359

bogie

https://www.transfermarkt.com/mino-raiola/beraterfirma/berater/282

just so yous can go look at the players he has and stop making crap up