August 16, 2018, 06:53:51 PM

Author Topic: Swansea v Everton Sat 14/4 3pm  (Read 4726 times)

April 14, 2018, 10:14:22 PM
Reply #180

kramer0

The thing is, do you reckon Moshiri has anyone in his ear telling him that itís shit and that weíre being rather fortunate (because I get the impression he doesnít know what heís looking at) or is he thinking that Allardyce has really turned us around?

I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I think he's a total moron when it comes to football.

There's an argument to be had that he's still learning his trade and that his business skills will eventually translate to football. Maybe, but everything we've done on the pitch is so aggressively dumb that I'm not sure I buy it.

Why is the narrative that every billionaire got there by being the perfect combination of clever/shrewd/ruthless? Sometimes people have success just by being in the right place at the right time.

I'm hoping he gets it right but I'm not optimistic.

April 14, 2018, 10:14:24 PM
Reply #181

sam of the south

Schneiderlin showing the advantage there of being 20 yards behind play as Ayew cuts back and loses the ball in his direction.

Heís a genius
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 14, 2018, 10:15:32 PM
Reply #182

Ball8y

Gana has the heading power of a dandelion

April 14, 2018, 10:15:42 PM
Reply #183

Ross

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 14, 2018, 10:15:49 PM
Reply #184

Everton Mint

Ganas heading is as bad as his shooting.

April 14, 2018, 10:16:02 PM
Reply #185

sam of the south

I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I think he's a total moron when it comes to football.

There's an argument to be had that he's still learning his trade and that his business skills will eventually translate to football. Maybe, but everything we've done on the pitch is so aggressively dumb that I'm not sure I buy it.

Why is the narrative that every billionaire got there by being the perfect combination of clever/shrewd/ruthless? Sometimes people have success just by being in the right place at the right time.

Those are my fears, too.

Thatís why I HOPE that heís got at least someone in his ear letting him know that this is actually total shit.

April 14, 2018, 10:16:30 PM
Reply #186

sam of the south

Always letting the ball do the work.

Economical 👌🏼

April 14, 2018, 10:20:02 PM
Reply #187

Lxxx

Dust off Klaassen too.

I liked Allardyce's explanation for why he hasn't been playing: "If I had the opportunity to play him I would, but I haven't because I've got to win. So I don't have the luxury of saying 'go on, give it a go lad!' because if we lose it's me that gets the stick."

About that, Sam...

Disgusting this from a manager of a football club. More concerned about preserving his reputation than thinking about what's best for the team and his squad.

April 14, 2018, 10:21:30 PM
Reply #188

mikey_blue

Would like to see Vlasic get some minutes, but we've got more chance of seeing Mori on the left, to be honest.

April 14, 2018, 10:23:52 PM
Reply #189

Lxxx

This. He got his money by being asked to advise Usmanov whilst working for one of the big 4 accountancy firms. He then moved across to work for him personally and got given shares as a reward for being his bag man. Hardly a self made man. Knows his way around a balance sheet but it doesn't scream genius when it comes to the potential of turning us into a footballing force.

April 14, 2018, 10:24:09 PM
Reply #190

kramer0

Disgusting this from a manager of a football club. More concerned about preserving his reputation than thinking about what's best for the team and his squad.

Football manager is a ruthless job so you'd expect some degree of self-preservation in his thinking.

But the short-termism of what he's said there is way over the top. If that's how he thinks it's no surprise that the teams he's managed have never been better than above-average.

April 14, 2018, 10:25:04 PM
Reply #191

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

The key with truly successful people is that they don't have to be experts throughout their entire business.

The only thing they need to be expert at is identifying the right experts to come in and run their business properly and expertly. He doesn't need to know a thing about football, but he does need to know the right people to employ.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

April 14, 2018, 10:25:05 PM
Reply #192

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Beni Baningsheemer?

Have i missed a memo, I thought it was Baning-gimme?
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

April 14, 2018, 10:25:09 PM
Reply #193

Fynci

Rooney needs to be benched and shipped off to the US at the end of the season.

April 14, 2018, 10:25:47 PM
Reply #194

Ramjam

Iím goingís to put my neck on the chopping board and predict that Tuson wonít make it at Everton, hope Iím proved wrong
WE ARE THE PEOPLE