December 11, 2018, 09:22:41 PM

Author Topic: John Stones  (Read 2281 times)

April 24, 2018, 07:16:54 AM
Read 2281 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Saw a link that said Man City willing to sell Stones this summer, I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't say he's really progressed there either.

April 24, 2018, 09:09:45 AM
Reply #1

Ramjam

Saw a link that said Man City willing to sell Stones this summer, I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't say he's really progressed there either.
Heíll go to Spurs when Alderwireld leaves, wouldnít be against him coming back here though.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 24, 2018, 11:30:43 AM
Reply #2

Jamokachi

He was a regular, and playing very well before injury.

April 24, 2018, 01:49:25 PM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator

I think Kompany's managed to stay fit during that time hasn't he whilst Guardiola seems to like Ottamendi (No idea why?). They've bought Laporte now as well so he's suddenly been pushed down the pecking order.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

April 24, 2018, 03:26:33 PM
Reply #4

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Reports today that City are prepared to let him go. Grass and greener and all that
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 24, 2018, 03:35:23 PM
Reply #5

Ramjam

Surely heís a cut above the Rodwells and Barkleyís of this world
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 24, 2018, 03:50:53 PM
Reply #6

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Surely heís a cut above the Rodwells and Barkleyís of this world

You'd have thought so. But you don't know how this might have affected his confidence

April 24, 2018, 03:54:12 PM
Reply #7

Ramjam

You'd have thought so. But you don't know how this might have affected his confidence
Like Iíve said on another thread, Iíve have him back here in a heartbeat, heíll have learned a few more tricks playing for Pep which wonít have done him any harm even if he is out of favour at City
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

April 24, 2018, 04:50:24 PM
Reply #8

Major Clanger

I don't blame him for wanting to work with Guardiola, there's no-one better for a defender of his type.

But he doesn't seem to have improved at all.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

April 24, 2018, 05:10:32 PM
Reply #9

GrantyBoy78

Iíd give them back the £50m they paid for him. Canít say itíd be a waste, given the money weíve wasted on dross like Bolasie.

April 24, 2018, 05:23:51 PM
Reply #10

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I'd definitely have him back

April 24, 2018, 06:02:24 PM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

Title winner's medal and 100k a week will probably console him. Was playing superbly before the injury. They should keep him and work with him to reduce the individual errors.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 24, 2018, 06:12:43 PM
Reply #12

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

He was a regular, I think itís a bit hard to say how good he was though as that period also coincided with Man City steamrollering most teams to a point that the defence didnít have a ton to do.

Heís always been prone to a lapse or two and I think since Pep has had other options heís dropped way down the pecking order. I just donít think thatíd happen if he really had faith in him.

I donít really care either way, but when I saw the headline it didnít surprise me. I think they could get better.

April 24, 2018, 06:17:38 PM
Reply #13

Bluedylan

He was a regular, I think itís a bit hard to say how good he was though as that period also coincided with Man City steamrollering most teams to a point that the defence didnít have a ton to do.

Heís always been prone to a lapse or two and I think since Pep has had other options heís dropped way down the pecking order. I just donít think thatíd happen if he really had faith in him.

I donít really care either way, but when I saw the headline it didnít surprise me. I think they could get better.

Jamo's right (imo). He was playing the best football of his career by some distance in the first half of the season and was a big part of how they played. He got injured, came back, and made a few mistakes in the first few games back and got dropped, with them having 3 other good CBs. Be interesting to see if Guardiola does persevere with him, or decides to move on.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

April 24, 2018, 06:25:50 PM
Reply #14

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Jamo's right (imo). He was playing the best football of his career by some distance in the first half of the season and was a big part of how they played. He got injured, came back, and made a few mistakes in the first few games back and got dropped, with them having 3 other good CBs. Be interesting to see if Guardiola does persevere with him, or decides to move on.

I do agree he was looking good in the beginning, but equally (maybe Iím being too harsh) I donít know if he was being truly tested all that much. He was mostly free to shine in the more non-defensive part of his job.

Iím not sure his amount of mistakes and errors of judgement have really changed all that much from his time here even if he has improved in other ways. I think Pep plays the percentages and top sides sometimes playing in games with razor thin margins canít affird those type of lapses of judgement...hence the swift relegation to the reserves after he wasnít playing well when he came back from injury.

Maybe Guardiola will persist with him, but his treatment of Stones of late is not the greatest vote of confidence.