August 16, 2018, 01:46:04 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce seeks assurance over his future at Everton  (Read 7205 times)

April 28, 2018, 09:33:19 PM
Reply #120

howard1334

Letís be honest here if bolasie hadnít stepped foot on the pitch people would be slagging him off for his shortsightedness.

He should be trying klassen now but itís in exactly the same way as bolasie should get minutes as it might bring rewards in the longer term

I get that overall people want something better but in their thrist for that they want to pretend everything heís done has been wrong

I never said that he should not have played Bolasie. But he is responsible for letting Lookman go and then playing Bolasie repeatedly despite him being shite. Stop pretending people are making arguments they are not to justify your points. It is getting very tiresome.

April 28, 2018, 09:57:40 PM
Reply #121

KoemansNumberTens

I never said that he should not have played Bolasie. But he is responsible for letting Lookman go and then playing Bolasie repeatedly despite him being shite. Stop pretending people are making arguments they are not to justify your points. It is getting very tiresome.

He's sent a young player out on loan. A young player who contributed very little to the first team under 3 different managers. It's hardly the crime of the century

People want to find fault in everything he's done. The reality is we are averaging more points. In a better place in the league. With 2 new good signings

Everything he's done hasn't been a problem

April 28, 2018, 10:00:20 PM
Reply #122

gizzblue

Hopefully his only assurance is ...your gone in the summer fuckneck .

Or I can assure you the Everton fans hate you as much as any other fans of any other club you were at ....ever .

April 28, 2018, 10:07:48 PM
Reply #123

Lxxx

He's sent a young player out on loan. A young player who contributed very little to the first team under 3 different managers. It's hardly the crime of the century

People want to find fault in everything he's done. The reality is we are averaging more points. In a better place in the league. With 2 new good signings

Everything he's done hasn't been a problem

I get all this but he was only ever a stop gap. We tempted him out of retirement to do a job, which he's done. We need to be looking forwards and another season with him at the helm may well bring us 7th spot but it'll be a turgid season, devoid of any excitement or forward planning in terms of implementing a style of play or building a side for his successor. Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today, let's build for the future now not in 12 months.

April 28, 2018, 10:11:12 PM
Reply #124

KoemansNumberTens

I get all this but he was only ever a stop gap. We tempted him out of retirement to do a job, which he's done. We need to be looking forwards and another season with him at the helm may well bring us 7th spot but it'll be a turgid season, devoid of any excitement or forward planning in terms of implementing a style of play or building a side for his successor. Why put off until tomorrow what you can do today, let's build for the future now not in 12 months.

I don't disagree depending on what's available to us. Performances obviously haven't been thrilling but you can (or at least should) see allardyces point of view when you look at results and transfer dealings in isolation. In them terms he's done a very good job and yet within a few months the entire fan base is enraged and demanding he be sacked. It doesn't really mirror the results

April 28, 2018, 10:16:45 PM
Reply #125

Lxxx

I don't disagree depending on what's available to us. Performances obviously haven't been thrilling but you can (or at least should) see allardyces point of view when you look at results and transfer dealings in isolation. In them terms he's done a very good job and yet within a few months the entire fan base is enraged and demanding he be sacked. It doesn't really mirror the results

I'm not arguing against what he's done, he's achieved what was expected and delivered what he was told to do. He did the same at West Ham but turned the fanbase off due to the pragmatic way he approaches games. He's doing the same here. I'm not knocking him as he'll only ever do what he does, he knows no other way, but the reason we watch football is for enjoyment and entertainment and the ends sometimes don't always justify the means.

April 28, 2018, 10:21:29 PM
Reply #126

KoemansNumberTens

I'm not arguing against what he's done, he's achieved what was expected and delivered what he was told to do. He did the same at West Ham but turned the fanbase off due to the pragmatic way he approaches games. He's doing the same here. I'm not knocking him as he'll only ever do what he does, he knows no other way, but the reason we watch football is for enjoyment and entertainment and the ends sometimes don't always justify the means.

He came into a bad situation though. Hasn't had the opportunity of a pre season. We've turned very early and if people are honest they didn't really give him a chance

If wed got Silva and struggled all season in the bottom 6-8 they'd be a lot less demanding we sack him now

I'm not massively set on him staying but I really don't understand the rage against him.

April 28, 2018, 10:25:23 PM
Reply #127

Lxxx

He came into a bad situation though. Hasn't had the opportunity of a pre season. We've turned very early and if people are honest they didn't really give him a chance

If wed got Silva and struggled all season in the bottom 6-8 they'd be a lot less demanding we sack him now

I'm not massively set on him staying but I really don't understand the rage against him.

You do. You seem like you have a pretty good handle on Everton from your posts so you do understand the disrespect he shows, the arrogance, the condescending attitude and the winding up of the fans. We all agree on the points per game stats and the job he's done in terms of stabilising the results. He's just never going to be accepted as our manager in terms of his approach to the game, it's simple.

April 28, 2018, 10:29:46 PM
Reply #128

KoemansNumberTens

You do. You seem like you have a pretty good handle on Everton from your posts so you do understand the disrespect he shows, the arrogance, the condescending attitude and the winding up of the fans. We all agree on the points per game stats and the job he's done in terms of stabilising the results. He's just never going to be accepted as our manager in terms of his approach to the game, it's simple.

I do. I also think respect goes both ways and he's been disrespected by most from day 1.

April 28, 2018, 10:34:00 PM
Reply #129

howard1334

Again, it is not just about results, but also down to the fact that he is a pretentious asshole, that shows a genuine lack of respect for other humans. In turn, he is an embarrassment and his presence negatively reflects on the club. I don't like being associated with shitty humans. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 10:42:52 PM by howard1334 »

April 28, 2018, 10:38:18 PM
Reply #130

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Thereís no way heís getting the sack lads.

April 28, 2018, 10:39:13 PM
Reply #131

KoemansNumberTens

Again, it is not just about results, but also down to the fact that he is a pretentious asshole, that shows a genuine lack of respect for other humans. In turn, his presence negatively reflects on the club.

I totally disagree. He took credit for "unsworths win" talks nonsense about us being entertaining. It's really not that dramatic.

April 28, 2018, 10:39:58 PM
Reply #132

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Can't argue with this performance to be fair.

Very good away performance

April 28, 2018, 10:41:23 PM
Reply #133

Lxxx

Can't argue with this performance to be fair.

Very good away performance

Granted but very, very poor opposition it has to be said. These are dire.

April 28, 2018, 10:44:28 PM
Reply #134

howard1334

I totally disagree. He took credit for "unsworths win" talks nonsense about us being entertaining. It's really not that dramatic.

Oh come on. That is not nearly the extent of it; and hardly the top comments that come to mind. We have been at this ad nauseam. I think you can't properly judge character and seemingly can't remember any prior posts. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:14:12 AM by howard1334 »