October 19, 2018, 10:28:42 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce seeks assurance over his future at Everton  (Read 8167 times)

April 29, 2018, 10:57:07 AM
Reply #165

ZIGGY

If you're so knowledgeable of my posts you'll scroll back and see I was behind him at the start. I don't like the man, never have, but was willing to give him a go because we were in a mess and I thought he'd provide some stability. I also thought he'd be too divisive a character to get the benefit of any doubt.

In my view he pretty early on sensed he wasn't wanted so went on the front foot too early. He antagonised fans, his arrogance surfaced a lot earlier than I expected and he ridiculed anyone who might be expressing any doubts about him. He probably saw it as a 6 month job then a payoff, still does I think, but by taking that approach he alienated people who would have been prepared to give him the rub.

He's done the job that was expected and delivered a top 8 finish, which is about par, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't want to look to the future with a man everyone can get behind.

What an awesome response!
Well said Lizz ,totally sums it up for me.
Enough Said👌🏻

April 29, 2018, 11:45:27 AM
Reply #166

Nicco

A good performance today. no matter the opposition, if we play we ll and win and show an upward curve we can put up with a lot. We will see how we do against anyone better than 10th.
Does anyone know what approach our team selector has to  the first game of the season?
Is he just going to guess whether the opponent are going to be top 7 or not?
Jönköpings Södra IF

April 29, 2018, 11:54:39 AM
Reply #167

Omar

I wish we would assure him that there is no future for him at Everton.
I WANT MY $2!

April 29, 2018, 01:04:46 PM
Reply #168

penguinofdoom1878

Hopefully this will make sense still at the end, my frustrations of those after a couple of wins deciding maybe he needs another season afterall made me think we're not the first to ever think this surely. So ive looked at side he came into save and see how its gone afterwards.

West Ham -

Championship 3rd - won play offs - promoted
Premier League 10th - won 12 Lost 16 Scored 45 Against 53
Premier League 13th - won 11 Lost 20 Scored 40 Against 51
Premier League 12th - won 12 Lost 15 Scored 44 Against 47

End of Contract, let leave....new manager West Ham finish 7th

Sunderland - appointed October - Club 19th

Premier League 17th - won 9 Lost 17 Scored 48 Against 62

Somehow got the England job - sacked in disgrace

Crystal Palace
- December - Club 17th

Premier League 14th - won 12 Lost 21 Scored 50 Against 63

Now at Everton

Premier League 8th - won 13 Lost 14 Scored 42 Against 54

he doesnt make progress at any club, just does the absolute minimum, we have ambitions, we need a manager with ambitions. Next season will be a repeat of this. For me, thanks Sam enjoy your retirement.

April 29, 2018, 01:21:57 PM
Reply #169

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Does anyone know what approach our team selector has to  the first game of the season?
Is he just going to guess whether the opponent are going to be top 7 or not?

Goes on past results. Seeing as we will finish 7th or close to. It will be anyone of Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, United, City or Chelsea that we should compare ourselves too. We should be beating everyone else.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

April 29, 2018, 01:47:09 PM
Reply #170

KoemansNumberTens

Hopefully this will make sense still at the end, my frustrations of those after a couple of wins deciding maybe he needs another season afterall made me think we're not the first to ever think this surely. So ive looked at side he came into save and see how its gone afterwards.

West Ham -

Championship 3rd - won play offs - promoted
Premier League 10th - won 12 Lost 16 Scored 45 Against 53
Premier League 13th - won 11 Lost 20 Scored 40 Against 51
Premier League 12th - won 12 Lost 15 Scored 44 Against 47

End of Contract, let leave....new manager West Ham finish 7th

Sunderland - appointed October - Club 19th

Premier League 17th - won 9 Lost 17 Scored 48 Against 62

Somehow got the England job - sacked in disgrace

Crystal Palace
- December - Club 17th

Premier League 14th - won 12 Lost 21 Scored 50 Against 63

Now at Everton

Premier League 8th - won 13 Lost 14 Scored 42 Against 54

he doesnt make progress at any club, just does the absolute minimum, we have ambitions, we need a manager with ambitions. Next season will be a repeat of this. For me, thanks Sam enjoy your retirement.

I might be misreading your stats but they kind of look like he makes progress at every club. Got West Ham promoted and spent 3 seasons with no relegation worries. Saved palace and Sunderland. 1 of which is now in league 1 without him

Just so we are on the same page. What would progress at these clubs look like in the time frame he was there?

He’s managed West Ham, Newcastle, Bolton, palace, Sunderland. Which clubs are much better for him leaving. They seem to have all suffered after he went

April 29, 2018, 01:53:18 PM
Reply #171

Paddockoldie

The Mirror is saying we'll take offers on Rooney and Walsh and Allardyce are leaving in the summer. Fingers crossed

April 29, 2018, 02:56:49 PM
Reply #172

dunkster

I might be misreading your stats but they kind of look like he makes progress at every club. Got West Ham promoted and spent 3 seasons with no relegation worries. Saved palace and Sunderland. 1 of which is now in league 1 without him

Just so we are on the same page. What would progress at these clubs look like in the time frame he was there?

He’s managed West Ham, Newcastle, Bolton, palace, Sunderland. Which clubs are much better for him leaving. They seem to have all suffered after he went

"Got west ham promoted and spent 3 years with no relegation worries"

To me, that says it all about what you consider success.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

April 29, 2018, 03:00:07 PM
Reply #173

dunkster

The Mirror is saying we'll take offers on Rooney and Walsh and Allardyce are leaving in the summer. Fingers crossed

Yeah it's saying moshiri wielding axe on pretty much everyone, including kenwright.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-listen-offers-wayne-rooney-12445958
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

April 29, 2018, 03:01:05 PM
Reply #174

KoemansNumberTens

"Got west ham promoted and spent 3 years with no relegation worries"

To me, that says it all about what you consider success.

A team comes up through the play offs and finishes mid table 3 years running isn’t progress? Should they have won the champions league year 3?

Would a championship side not take that if offered. Payoffs and 3 relatively safe established seasons in the premier league? That seems like a great achievement.

April 29, 2018, 03:02:26 PM
Reply #175

Macca77

Shearer was agreeing with the majority of fans who want him out, basically said Allardyce has had us over a barrell

April 29, 2018, 03:13:02 PM
Reply #176

dunkster

A team comes up through the play offs and finishes mid table 3 years running isn’t progress? Should they have won the champions league year 3?

Would a championship side not take that if offered. Payoffs and 3 relatively safe established seasons in the premier league? That seems like a great achievement.

you and I think very differently about what this man is capable of achieving moving onwards. Next year we could be sat anywhere just inside top half (8th,9th or 10th) and you and allardyce would both say it's successful because we are free of relegation worries.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

April 29, 2018, 03:23:26 PM
Reply #177

dunkster

There's a huge difference between us and the club's we been jostling around with (up until very lately)
We have spent a huge amount of money on player investment. We continued that in january bringing in two quality players. I also believe moshiri is still willing to put decent money in again this summer.
These other clubs can only dream of that sort of finance and therefore the likes of Newcastle consider it a success to finish mid table.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

April 29, 2018, 03:30:42 PM
Reply #178

KoemansNumberTens

you and I think very differently about what this man is capable of achieving moving onwards. Next year we could be sat anywhere just inside top half (8th,9th or 10th) and you and allardyce would both say it's successful because we are free of relegation worries.

No that would be worse than we are doing now. That’s not progress. See it’s different for different teams. It all depends on a starting point when it comes to “progress”
I just don’t understand why people need to pretend he’s never done a good job. Them finishes at West Ham look like a great job in comparison to where they were. What he did at Sunderland looks fantastic considering they are now a league 1 side.

April 29, 2018, 03:52:11 PM
Reply #179

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
He’s got 2 seasons in his career of being in the top 6.

We don’t need to take a chance on whether he’ll suddenly break that trend.

Plus his style won’t change.

Based on this season we’d bore our way to 7th but not look close to top 6 and then everyone would want a change next summer anyway.

That’d be a waste of 12 months.

And that’s even if he lasts that far.

A poor run like the one we had after the first 4 games would see him out about 6 games into that.

It’s a waste of time.