August 22, 2018, 12:52:15 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce seeks assurance over his future at Everton  (Read 7291 times)

April 29, 2018, 03:56:08 PM
Reply #180

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
No that would be worse than we are doing now. Thatís not progress. See itís different for different teams. It all depends on a starting point when it comes to ďprogressĒ
I just donít understand why people need to pretend heís never done a good job. Them finishes at West Ham look like a great job in comparison to where they were. What he did at Sunderland looks fantastic considering they are now a league 1 side.

Youíre acting like youíve not seen two decades of proper shite football from his sides.

You might be fine with that at Everton but Iím not having it.

April 29, 2018, 04:24:42 PM
Reply #182

KoemansNumberTens

Youíre acting like youíve not seen two decades of proper shite football from his sides.

No Iím acting like people need to stop lying to themselves to defend their positions

Your argument of not enjoying the football is a fair 1. I donít think saying there was no progress when he managed West Ham Sunderland or palace is

Iím not actually saying I desperately want him to be here next season. Just asking people to be honest. Heís done a fine job here and heís done good jobs elsewhere previously. Why canít people acknowledge that and then set out their reasons for wanting change

April 29, 2018, 04:25:26 PM
Reply #183

KoemansNumberTens

Also... in the main weíve seen a couple of decades of shite football here too

April 29, 2018, 04:30:19 PM
Reply #184

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
No Iím acting like people need to stop lying to themselves to defend their positions

Your argument of not enjoying the football is a fair 1. I donít think saying there was no progress when he managed West Ham Sunderland or palace is

Iím not actually saying I desperately want him to be here next season. Just asking people to be honest. Heís done a fine job here and heís done good jobs elsewhere previously. Why canít people acknowledge that and then set out their reasons for wanting change

I think heís done an Ďacceptableí job. We know what heís about. I do think his sides have played atrocious football pretty much for my entire living memory.

I dislike the bloke greatly so I think this makes his Ďacceptableí job seem unacceptable.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:35:48 PM by Bob Sacamano »

April 29, 2018, 04:31:05 PM
Reply #185

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Also... in the main weíve seen a couple of decades of shite football here too

Thereís been some real fun times along the way. But for the most part I agree!

April 29, 2018, 04:32:48 PM
Reply #186

Lxxx

No I’m acting like people need to stop lying to themselves to defend their positions

Your argument of not enjoying the football is a fair 1. I don’t think saying there was no progress when he managed West Ham Sunderland or palace is

I’m not actually saying I desperately want him to be here next season. Just asking people to be honest. He’s done a fine job here and he’s done good jobs elsewhere previously. Why can’t people acknowledge that and then set out their reasons for wanting change

They have done. Numerous times.

April 29, 2018, 04:41:32 PM
Reply #187

KoemansNumberTens

I think heís done an Ďacceptableí job. We know what heís about. I do think his sides have played atrocious football pretty much for my entire living memory.

I dislike the bloke greatly so I think this makes his Ďacceptableí job seem unacceptable.

The football has been shite but the signings and the results have actually been good. Heís done a good job here so far. I can understand people not thinking he can progress beyond that.

April 29, 2018, 04:44:57 PM
Reply #188

KoemansNumberTens

They have done. Numerous times.

Some have. A lot really havenít though.
The person I was debating with actually said winning the playoffs followed by 3 seasons mid table wasnít progress

Thereís plenty on here who want to make out heís been shite here and shite everywhere else while guzzling gravy and being very unpleasant.

April 29, 2018, 04:49:32 PM
Reply #189

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Some have. A lot really havenít though.
The person I was debating with actually said winning the playoffs followed by 3 seasons mid table wasnít progress

Thereís plenty on here who want to make out heís been shite here and shite everywhere else while guzzling gravy and being very unpleasant.

Ignore them and engage with the people who are being fair then?

It's starting to become increasingly harder to argue that he hasn't don't a good job, results wise.

But it's even harder to argue for him to be our manager next year.

April 29, 2018, 04:54:35 PM
Reply #190

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
The football has been shite but the signings and the results have actually been good. He’s done a good job here so far. I can understand people not thinking he can progress beyond that.
You do realise that we got lesser points from the 9 opponents Koeman faced when Big Sam was in charge ??  If Koeman (or Unsworth for that matter) only had to play Arsenal United Spurs Chelsea City ones a season they would be able to get good results Allardyce 7 points against Koemans 8 - and Sam didnt have cup games to interrupt - allthough he managed to play 1 round of the FA Cup....

April 29, 2018, 04:57:13 PM
Reply #191

Lxxx

Some have. A lot really haven’t though.
The person I was debating with actually said winning the playoffs followed by 3 seasons mid table wasn’t progress

There’s plenty on here who want to make out he’s been shite here and shite everywhere else while guzzling gravy and being very unpleasant.

You're too busy banging the same argument out over and over you don't actually take in what people are saying.

April 29, 2018, 06:37:09 PM
Reply #192

dunkster

The football has been shite but the signings and the results have actually been good. Heís done a good job here so far. I can understand people not thinking he can progress beyond that.

And what's your take on that? Do you honestly believe he can take us to where we need to be? Playing something like the football our fans want to see?
Is he genuinely the guy you want to see buy in the next set of players to implement his style and ship out the likes of lookman?
Hand on heart, would you happily let all these talented managers out there pass us by in the summer and settle for SA ?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

April 29, 2018, 06:40:14 PM
Reply #193

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

What good results? He's lost more games than he's won. Struggled against some absolute shite and we have never played well in any of his games.
"If you believe it will work out, youíll see opportunities. If you believe it wonít, you will see obstacles." Ė Wayne Dyer

April 29, 2018, 06:53:36 PM
Reply #194

AllyBlue14

Shearer was agreeing with the majority of fans who want him out, basically said Allardyce has had us over a barrell

This couldn't be further from the truth! Yeah, he said Allardyce had us over a barrel, but having shown a stat to say that we have 33 points since he joined (6th in the league), he said:

- He's got every right to be miffed.
- He wasn't their first choice but Sam had them over a barrel because they were desperate, in a desperate situation.
- But when you look at the clubs who have changed managers because they're in the mire, there are a lot of them still there.
- If he'd have signed a contract to the end of the season, everyone would've said what a brilliant job he's done.
- But if the fans have their way, he won't be there next season.

As I feel I have to say in every post, none of us wants Allardyce here next season. But the job he's done seems to be praised by most people outside the club.