December 17, 2017, 02:50:31 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 10804 times)

December 02, 2017, 06:00:19 AM
Reply #255

bluestevie

I meant thats what posts where saying on here, in general. Relief at signing someone like Williams and being different to Stones because AW was a 'defender who can defend'.

I guess it IS hyperbole and generalisation but people have acknowledged this DID happen.

At the time he was though, Stones had been going through the motions because he didn't get the Chelsea move yet was still backed by the fans week in week out
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

deCoubertin

December 02, 2017, 09:50:57 AM
Reply #256

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He seems like he needs a proper one on one fitness coach to me. Thereís no way a lad in his early 20ís, professional sportsman no less, should look as leaden footed as he does. I wonder how much sprint training he does because from where Iím standing he looks about as sharp and nimble out the blocks as my nana and thatís not just down to a lack of confidence.

Is so slow isnít he. Needs some explosive work, Iím sure big sams team of sports scientists will have him stretching his glutes ASAP.

Re: Thomas - I canít believe Iím still reading this Naismith stuff fucking hell, how long can a man keep an argument going in an empty room.

Not ENTIRELY without merit, but has a very clear idea of himself and of Ďother Everton fansí and allows it to bleed into his opinions regularly - for example his opinion of Davies. Iíve said myself that Ross Barkley can do more with a togger than Davies will ever be able to do, but Davies is a very good footballer. Heís not a headless chicken, heís not a brain dead tackler, heís just not technically skilfull- heís a great pass and move CM and if he had a bit more physical ability heíd be one of the best in England inside 18 months.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 03, 2017, 02:42:39 AM
Reply #257

Simon Paul

Administrator
wasn't really applauded or booed when he came on today

unlike Schneiderlin, who I was surprised (even given his recent form) was booed when he came off the bench

December 03, 2017, 07:47:03 AM
Reply #258

Jamokachi

unlike Schneiderlin, who I was surprised (even given his recent form) was booed when he came off the bench

Obviously people getting upset over that Echo story. Shame really, as there was obviously little to it, otherwise he'd be nowhere near the team.

December 03, 2017, 10:47:49 AM
Reply #259

bluenuck

Obviously people getting upset over that Echo story. Shame really, as there was obviously little to it, otherwise he'd be nowhere near the team.

I think you're right.  But I think the vast majority really see him as giving zero fucks. That red against Atalanta was the beginning of the end. After that it didn't even matter about that story in the echo. He's looked very half arsed all season. Not one Everton player even argued that second yellow, not even him. He just walked off. That says a hell of a lot more than what the echo story did.

December 03, 2017, 11:51:00 AM
Reply #260

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think you're right.  But I think the vast majority really see him as giving zero fucks. That red against Atalanta was the beginning of the end. After that it didn't even matter about that story in the echo. He's looked very half arsed all season. Not one Everton player even argued that second yellow, not even him. He just walked off. That says a hell of a lot more than what the echo story did.

Bit odd that Unsy still picked him though?

December 03, 2017, 12:12:08 PM
Reply #261

bluenuck

Bit odd that Unsy still picked him though?

A bit.

I think the story about what happened at training was overblown.

My point is It's more about how he's playing, and how about he's, and no one else, is giving a fuck about being sent off.

December 03, 2017, 12:19:48 PM
Reply #262

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
A bit.

I think the story about what happened at training was overblown.

My point is It's more about how he's playing, and how about he's, and no one else, is giving a fuck about being sent off.

Yes thatís what I mean; if they were the case surely heíd be out of the picture.

December 03, 2017, 01:22:49 PM
Reply #263

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Yet if mirallas was to come on he'd still get cheered

Simply simply lovely

December 03, 2017, 03:31:45 PM
Reply #264

BlueNoseMike

I know he was brought on to keep it as it is but thought there was more to it than that as well. Imo it was good management to bring on a player that must be completely short of confidence in a relatively comfortable game to give him a taste of a successful performance and clean sheet.

He is our future and will come good. A quicker cb alongside him who can sweep up and we'll be sound.

Just don't ask me who it is.

December 12, 2017, 12:47:37 AM
Reply #265

Ridge

Last 6 games Keane started - 20 goals conceded
Last 4 games Keane not starting - 1 goal conceded

December 12, 2017, 12:49:05 AM
Reply #266

D15TIN

Last 6 games Keane started - 20 goals conceded
Last 4 games Keane not starting - 1 goal conceded
Bit harsh to just blame him on that ha, he has been poor though - lacks confidence, slow and terrible on the ball.

December 12, 2017, 01:02:17 AM
Reply #267

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Think you can only really begin to judge him on his next 6 games in the side tbh.

December 12, 2017, 01:41:59 AM
Reply #268

eyesalwaysblue

Bit harsh to just blame him on that ha, he has been poor though - lacks confidence, slow and terrible on the ball.
Apart from that he's ace..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 12, 2017, 01:50:16 AM
Reply #269

D_murph0278

Yeah, he's certainly no Williams or Jagielka!
Thiago Silva and Sergio Ramos would have looked shite with our forward line and ball retention under Koeman and Unsworth.
Keane will be a great signing for us once we can stop the ball coming back at us every 90 seconds.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."