December 17, 2017, 02:50:56 AM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 14535 times)

December 02, 2017, 07:35:42 PM
Reply #450

indiantoffee1975

Can't see Palace lettting him go in their current predicament. In the summer possibly.

deCoubertin

December 02, 2017, 07:58:22 PM
Reply #451

Bluedylan

Wouldn't want Benteke. Hoping for much more mobility.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 02, 2017, 08:45:09 PM
Reply #452

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

Strangely erratic player too. Can look good for a decent spell, followed by looking awful. Problem is when heís not on his game heís one of those that isnít really contributing.

December 02, 2017, 08:59:58 PM
Reply #453

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
An experienced dcl type would be nice.

Mobile, pace, decent in the air but better finisher and obviously more experience to rely on

Simply simply lovely

December 03, 2017, 05:19:32 AM
Reply #454

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
An experienced dcl type would be nice.

Mobile, pace, decent in the air but better finisher and obviously more experience to rely on

Callum Wilson
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 03, 2017, 05:35:49 AM
Reply #455

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Callum Wilson
If he didn't have paper mache legs, maybe

Simply simply lovely

December 03, 2017, 12:07:15 PM
Reply #456

KingOfNapaValley

The reason Lukaku worked so well is that when we got him he was...

1. very young
2. history of scoring
3. not yet so huge that he would only go to the Big 4 clubs.

I think we should be doing this again. I don't want old Arsenal players or strikers whose best season was 3 years ago at a high price with a short future.

Thus, I nominate Dembele from Celtic. 39 goals in 62 matches at Celtic. Was the only one on Celtic who scored against PSG. Get him, put him on a 4-year contract and ride that horse.

December 03, 2017, 12:47:03 PM
Reply #457

Thomas

The reason Lukaku worked so well is that when we got him he was...

1. very young
2. history of scoring
3. not yet so huge that he would only go to the Big 4 clubs.

I think we should be doing this again. I don't want old Arsenal players or strikers whose best season was 3 years ago at a high price with a short future.

Thus, I nominate Dembele from Celtic. 39 goals in 62 matches at Celtic. Was the only one on Celtic who scored against PSG. Get him, put him on a 4-year contract and ride that horse.

Absolutely zero chance he is leaving the club before another treble or the EL campaign is over. Maybe at the end of the season. The lad Celtic have on loan from PSG just got a hat trick against Motherwell and they have a 9m clause to sign him permanently end of the season to essentially replace Dembele if they need to.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5139593/Celtic-5-1-Motherwell-Odsonne-Edouard-scores-hat-trick.html

But Moussa is a top player, sure.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 12:52:21 PM by Thomas »