December 17, 2017, 02:50:06 AM

Author Topic: Jonjoe Kenny  (Read 6304 times)

November 20, 2017, 06:29:36 PM
Read 6304 times

MmmBlueRamirez

In the absence of a general JjK thread I thought id start one.

Horrendous own goal aside I think he's been improving a lot recently.

I'm quite confident that he can be a great successor to Coleman.

Tenacious in the tackle, gets box to box quickly and can whip in a decent ball.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

deCoubertin

November 20, 2017, 06:34:48 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He's probably further along than Coleman at the same age. I remember Coleman was great going forward but had a lot to learn about defending. Good potential for the future.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

November 20, 2017, 06:35:16 PM
Reply #2

mikey_blue

Reminds me of a young Baines. Got a lethal cross on him too, would like to see him getting forward a bit more, although it can be difficult when you're getting pinned back by premier league juggernauts like Palace.

November 20, 2017, 06:54:34 PM
Reply #3

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yup, agree with all of the above, let's get him signed up on a five year contract before he fucks off to City/United/Chelsea.

November 20, 2017, 07:04:41 PM
Reply #4

boothill

I like him, could do with improving his left peg a tad, just leaves him looking a bit akward at times,apart from that hes coming on great, having lennon in front of him is helping too. Seamus was like one of them awkward young pony's when he 1st came in, suppose being played left back didnt help. But no, right back were sorted for a while now

November 20, 2017, 07:14:04 PM
Reply #5

MmmBlueRamirez

I like him, could do with improving his left peg a tad, just leaves him looking a bit akward at times,apart from that hes coming on great, having lennon in front of him is helping too. Seamus was like one of them awkward young pony's when he 1st came in, suppose being played left back didnt help. But no, right back were sorted for a while now

Good shout on the lennon front. Hes not the most threatening player in that position but he offers more protection to Kenny than anyone else whos a natural fit at RW.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 20, 2017, 07:19:26 PM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
very very shaky when he first come into the side, has improved with a run of games under his belt

Simply simply lovely

November 20, 2017, 08:10:28 PM
Reply #7

Lxxx

Improved game by game. Funny that hey, a young kid getting better as he gets up to speed and gains confidence. He's already a better right back than Holgate so we're now sorted for the future. Coleman will be pulled in and out of the side for the remainder of the season when he comes back so as not to overload him and I think Kenny will do just fine.

November 20, 2017, 08:19:13 PM
Reply #8

Ridge

Improved game by game. Funny that hey, a young kid getting better as he gets up to speed and gains confidence. He's already a better right back than Holgate so we're now sorted for the future. Coleman will be pulled in and out of the side for the remainder of the season when he comes back so as not to overload him and I think Kenny will do just fine.

Think he'll get a look in, when Coleman is back?  :whistle:

November 20, 2017, 08:22:38 PM
Reply #9

Lxxx

Think he'll get a look in, when Coleman is back?  :whistle:

You wouldn't want Coleman playing every game as soon as he's fit after such a bad injury. Or certainly 90 minutes every game anyway.

November 20, 2017, 08:49:25 PM
Reply #10

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Was a bit concerned after those first couple of games, but he's definitely been growing into the role. Maybe that has coincided with Jagielka back in the line up? Perhaps he's been talking him through games a bit more? He's been getting more confident in his attacking duties as well as pretty tenacious in defence. Only slight negative is he doesn't seem to have the same recovery speed as Coleman did, but he does time a challenge pretty well. I'd be happy with a pairing of Coleman and Kenny as our options there.

November 20, 2017, 08:59:07 PM
Reply #11

Ridge

You wouldn't want Coleman playing every game as soon as he's fit after such a bad injury. Or certainly 90 minutes every game anyway.

I was trying to highlight contradiction with Bolasie/Lookman comment you made...

November 20, 2017, 09:00:26 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

I was trying to highlight contradiction with Bolasie/Lookman comment you made...

Lookman isn't ready for first team action though.

November 21, 2017, 12:14:19 AM
Reply #13

GrantyBoy78

Needs 50 games somewhere else to get the mistakes out of his system. Might lack the pace to be a dynamic, modern full-back but could develop into a Baines type one.

November 21, 2017, 01:29:47 AM
Reply #14

SANA_DR0

Palace was his best match so far. knew he would come good, he will be fucking amazing in 2 years time.. would prefer him staying with us and learning his trade.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....