December 12, 2017, 10:18:03 PM

Author Topic: Jonjoe Kenny  (Read 5541 times)

D_murph0278 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

November 30, 2017, 02:04:47 PM
Reply #45

Macca77

Some player this lad and he's starting to show it

deCoubertin

November 30, 2017, 02:36:26 PM
Reply #46

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Flawless performance last night, really made up for him.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 30, 2017, 06:30:48 PM
Reply #47

SANA_DR0

glad that he has got the time to get used to playing week in week out. also glad  that lots more funs on here and irl, actually rate him now..

still find it amusing how many people didnt rate him 3 months back... i guess thats the case when they've not even seen him play before he played for us in the first 11.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 30, 2017, 07:21:14 PM
Reply #48

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
glad that he has got the time to get used to playing week in week out. also glad  that lots more funs on here and irl, actually rate him now..

still find it amusing how many people didnt rate him 3 months back... i guess thats the case when they've not even seen him play before he played for us in the first 11.

I was one of those who were cautious about playing him, given he hadn't played much for us in pre season. Imo if you were going to play him, he needed those games in summer to stand a chance in the first team. And I think I'm still right. He is now up to speed, but it's taken a few weeks to get there. Now he's there, and if he continues at this level, it's going to be tough for Coleman to regain his place. And if I remember correctly, Coleman's form prior to his injury wasn't much to write home about either. But it'll be good to have two right backs of this quality to battle for a place in the team.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

November 30, 2017, 07:24:04 PM
Reply #49

SANA_DR0

I was one of those who were cautious about playing him, given he hadn't played much for us in pre season. Imo if you were going to play him, he needed those games in summer to stand a chance in the first team. And I think I'm still right. He is now up to speed, but it's taken a few weeks to get there. Now he's there, and if he continues at this level, it's going to be tough for Coleman to regain his place. And if I remember correctly, Coleman's form prior to his injury wasn't much to write home about either. But it'll be good to have two right backs of this quality to battle for a place in the team.

i can see kenny Right back and Coleman right hand side midfield against the top sides.. that would work pretty well i think..

Wish Holgate got these games in too.. but the summer games wouldnt have made much difference to Kenny/Holgate as they needed real prem games to get upto speed with things..
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 30, 2017, 07:26:51 PM
Reply #50

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I hope to see more of Holgate in his preferred position now. Ideally with Keane. This is the season to get those two familiar with one another now.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

November 30, 2017, 07:35:22 PM
Reply #51

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Coleman doesn’t work at RM.

November 30, 2017, 08:07:41 PM
Reply #52

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Coleman doesn’t work at RM.

I don’t know how many times I’ve seen the idea debunked and it still comes up a few times a year.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 30, 2017, 08:42:41 PM
Reply #53

Gash

Global Moderator

It's not that people didn't rate him, they were just rightly cautious of him making the step up from the U23's and the U20's World Cup and a few of his showings proved that those reservations were correct. He was very good last but was fairly poor against Southampton and that's what we'll get from him, good games and bad games until he gains experience. He's made right back his own for now and will hopefully carry on improving but lets not go all "I told you so" on the back of a decent game last night. Hopefully once Coleman's fit he can go on loan for a season or two and by the time he's 22-23 we'll have a ready made replacement for him.

November 30, 2017, 09:01:48 PM
Reply #54

Lincs Toffee

Great in the air last night too, which considering hes smaller than Holgate is impressive !!
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

November 30, 2017, 09:56:09 PM
Reply #55

SANA_DR0

It's not that people didn't rate him, they were just rightly cautious of him making the step up from the U23's and the U20's World Cup and a few of his showings proved that those reservations were correct. He was very good last but was fairly poor against Southampton and that's what we'll get from him, good games and bad games until he gains experience. He's made right back his own for now and will hopefully carry on improving but lets not go all "I told you so" on the back of a decent game last night. Hopefully once Coleman's fit he can go on loan for a season or two and by the time he's 22-23 we'll have a ready made replacement for him.

He's got better and better every game the last 4 games or so.. yea any player would need a run of games to show he can make the step up, im not going 'i told you so' i'm just saying that if you had watched him for england and the under 23's. then all the over hyped bullshit of he isnt good enough, wouldnt have been said *by you i mean in general the posters who thought Martina was a better right back.

I wasnt doing a told you so, i knew from watching him play for the aforementioned teams that he would easily make the step up... but i knew that from having experience of watching him play.. while the posters who said he was shit, based it off him playing in the premier league with no previous experience of watching him play.
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

November 30, 2017, 10:16:17 PM
Reply #56

Gash

Global Moderator
He's got better and better every game the last 4 games or so.. yea any player would need a run of games to show he can make the step up, im not going 'i told you so' i'm just saying that if you had watched him for england and the under 23's. then all the over hyped bullshit of he isnt good enough, wouldnt have been said *by you i mean in general the posters who thought Martina was a better right back.

I wasnt doing a told you so, i knew from watching him play for the aforementioned teams that he would easily make the step up... but i knew that from having experience of watching him play.. while the posters who said he was shit, based it off him playing in the premier league with no previous experience of watching him play.

I don't recall anyone saying he was shit, if they did it's best ignored because he clearly isn't. He looked out his depth in his first few games and at times against Southampton he did as well, people were just pointing that out, there's a difference between that and saying he's shit.

December 01, 2017, 01:29:12 AM
Reply #57

Ridge

Be interesting if Allardyce starts him, not convinced he will, but we'll see.

December 01, 2017, 02:21:57 AM
Reply #58

Martip

Although not on topic...luke Shaw for 20m anyone ?

December 01, 2017, 04:22:32 AM
Reply #59

Gash

Global Moderator
Although not on topic...luke Shaw for 20m anyone ?

Needs to sort his head out but someone will get a decent player. I've said before we should look at him to replace Baines, he's young and could still be a very good player but needs to get his attitude right.

Although if I was 21-22 and earning £500k a month I'd probably not be arsed either. :)