December 12, 2017, 10:18:18 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce appointment marks new low point in Everton history  (Read 7446 times)

November 29, 2017, 08:55:59 PM
Reply #30

everton1952

Allardyce appointment marks new low point in Everton history

The appointment of Sam Allardyce as Everton manager marks a new low point in the history of the club that will leave historians scratching their heads in years to come.

Source: Allardyce appointment marks new low point in Everton history
Aha ! I get it. It is so badly written it makes it look as if Sam's appointment marks the new low, and not the awfulness that went before. 

deCoubertin

November 29, 2017, 08:56:19 PM
Reply #31

School of Science

Hopefully it's just for one year and then we pay him off and let him go, yes it is a low but on performances based this year sadly we need a Sam Allardyce type to get us out of this rut, ( Never ever thought I'd say that ). Next year we buy our new big name exotic manager and start again, we can't defend, we can't score enough and we are playing shite football, also half of the players aren't arsed, hopefully Sam can sort that out. Sammy Lee is apparently a decent coach, but it will give me great pleasure when he gets fucked off with Sam next year. The blame for this fucking mess for me lies with Koeman and Walsh for the absolute shambolic way they tried to build a new side this year, totally disjointed, too slow, no striker and an ageing injured defence. But the shouts of we'll boo them, we won't go the game etc are embarrassing, not saying you mate, but Christ some of our fans, we need to first and foremost support the team and stick together, we are in a mess.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 29, 2017, 08:56:25 PM
Reply #32

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

November 29, 2017, 08:56:25 PM
Reply #33

toffee_scot

To me it sounds like the club has absolutely no football identity and therefore absolutely no plan for long term football development. This has resulted in an incredibly disjointed and unbalanced squad with no real idea of what kind of football should be implemented.

How the fuck does a football team go from Roberto Martinez's philosophy to Sam fucking Allardyce in the space of 18 months?

November 29, 2017, 08:58:06 PM
Reply #34

starblood

I can just about accept Allardyce, but Sammy Lee? That is beyond the pale! Goes to show who is making the decision to appoint because no bona fide, dyed-in-the-wool Evertonian (Kenwright) would allow that man into our midst.

To think I shuddered at the possibility of Martin O'Neill (an infinitely better manager BTW) bringing Roy Keane to Goodison with him. They seem like the dream team now!

November 29, 2017, 08:58:28 PM
Reply #35

sirblue57

45 years of failure?? How many trophies have we won in those 45 years?? 45 years of top flight football and you have broken dreams. Ask a Sheffield Wednesday fan what broken dreams are or a Coventry city fan. We could very easily have been in their position had things gone differently in the 90s.  We dont have any god given right to be successful. If Sam can get us on the right footing over the next 18 months then great. If you feel you deserve better fuck off and support somebody else.

really? ok highs;
65 league
66 FA cup
70 league
84 FAcup
85 League + CWC
95 FA cup
lows;
watching the shite dominate for over a decade
countless gutless defeats to the shite
 two VERY close relegation escapes
two failed ground moves, although the worst was the KD, still fucking hurts.
walker
smith
kendall mk3

so all in all some good,but the false dawns, broken promises and failures are majority.
and having to see this crook and his cronies soil our club due to gross mismanagement is the final straw. I now believe the club has no ambition, no clue so I will keep my money and my time for those that wil appreciate it.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 29, 2017, 09:02:50 PM
Reply #36

Evertonian in NC

support the club? cheeky fucker, I have supported this club for over 45 years, 45 years of failures, broken dreams and promises, if I feel the club has finally gone to far , I will fucking say so. its a shame the club thinks so fucking little of those that have given so much support to the club. it thinks this is a good thing. I said this a while ago about BK, the fans will get the club they deserve, well you can have it, I feel I deserve a better club than this, a club with ambition, pride and honour.
this is not my Everton, this is not the club I have loved,followed and defended.
this is a club with no ambition, no honour and no fucking idea.  Sir John Moores will be spinning.

Well said.  You fucking get it.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 29, 2017, 09:05:54 PM
Reply #37

Macca77

Anyone wanna fight, im feeling the need to hit something very hard, but not hard enough to break a nail like

November 29, 2017, 09:06:24 PM
Reply #38

Evertonian in NC

The creatures who live under rocks have won.  Brexit and Trump weren't enough, they had to go and ruin football (or ruin Everton, and for me, that's one and the same), too.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 29, 2017, 09:06:42 PM
Reply #39

chang

I think it's how the players react and perform that matters not what any of us thinks or feels. Presumably senior players would of be at least consulted.

I kind of doubt he was appointed to piss off the fan base and at the same time the club would of been very aware of the negativity towards the appointment.

It is of course quite possible given the time that has elapsed that Sam Allardyce was nowhere near the top of the short list, those above saying "no thanks"

As ever in life, time will tell.

November 29, 2017, 09:08:54 PM
Reply #40

Macca77

Lose a few games when hes takes over and the vultures will start circling, remember how toxic it was under Martinez, that's nothing compared to how it will be soon

November 29, 2017, 09:08:55 PM
Reply #41

School of Science

A contract until the end of next season if the commentator on SSN can be believed, there not that much too pay off is there.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 29, 2017, 09:11:05 PM
Reply #42

KevtheRat

The creatures who live under rocks have won.  Brexit and Trump weren't enough, they had to go and ruin football (or ruin Everton, and for me, that's one and the same), too.

You've absolutely nailed drama queen of 2017 in the end of year awards you.

November 29, 2017, 09:17:34 PM
Reply #43

Evertonian in NC

yeah, because creatures who live under rocks surely love phrases like "drama queen" which I wear like a badge of honor coming from the Allardyce lemmings.

Rather keep my eyes open as Everton burns, thanks very much.  Safer that way.

November 29, 2017, 09:19:39 PM
Reply #44

BlueMaquis

This appointment merely continues the trend of reactionary managerial appointments of the last few years. After Martinez (himself appointed on the basis of giving the side some "attacking flair") the board decided we needed a "tough" manager to straighten out the defence and give the team some backbone. When that didn't work, you can envisage Bill & Co turning against "fancy European managers" for our predicament. No, what we needed was a good old fashioned English manager in the vein of Moyes.

It's clear we're not going to see a comprehensive appointment policy from this Board anytime soon. It's always going to be one or two factors taken to the extreme, predicated on either panic or excitement. It's frankly amateurish.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 09:22:05 PM by BlueMaquis »
What is the truth is neither being nor nothing, but that being does not pass over but has passed over - into nothing, and nothing into being. But it is equally true that they are not undistinguished from each other, that on the contrary they are not the same, that they are absolutely distinct