December 12, 2017, 10:18:34 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce appointment marks new low point in Everton history  (Read 7447 times)

November 29, 2017, 09:25:24 PM
Reply #45

Danny

Martinez and Koeman were shit appointments we just didn't know it at the time, it's be really Everton for the shit appointment to end up being our best manager in years.

deCoubertin

November 29, 2017, 09:26:31 PM
Reply #46

MmmBlueRamirez

You've absolutely nailed drama queen of 2017 in the end of year awards you.

He's won it so often he got to keep the original trophy....
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 29, 2017, 09:40:53 PM
Reply #47

Lxxx

Bit of a sensationalist headline. Granted it's not great but a new low? In our history?  Come on.

November 29, 2017, 09:41:13 PM
Reply #48

TheTone

hoping there isn't a new new low come next May like

November 29, 2017, 09:48:41 PM
Reply #49

AllyBlue14

Maybe don't use this as the opening gambit if you're after an interview with him!

November 29, 2017, 09:52:16 PM
Reply #50

Bluedylan

Definitely a low point for me. We're now viewing ourselves, and will be viewed externally, as a club in a similar mould as Palace, Newcastle or West Ham for hiring this fella. And we deserve to be viewed that way now, sadly. Wretched.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 29, 2017, 09:53:33 PM
Reply #51

D3blue

Sam will do well.  He is definitely the right choice for our current mess. 

I'd say Koeman was the low point. 

November 29, 2017, 10:00:25 PM
Reply #52

AllyBlue14

Definitely a low point for me. We're now viewing ourselves, and will be viewed externally, as a club in a similar mould as Palace, Newcastle or West Ham for hiring this fella. And we deserve to be viewed that way now, sadly. Wretched.

It's the demise that hurts - 3 months ago we were hopeful of closing the gap to the Top 4. The way we're playing now, we'd be doing well to stay 4th from bottom. To then be told we're appointing Sammy Lee is a dagger to the heart.

Still, hopefully this is very much a means to an end. I'm cautiously optimistic and think from the (realistic) options available, we've done what I believe we had to. Hopefully he can turn us around, move us up the league and go into retirement knowing that he laid the foundations for our next bright spark 6/12/18 months down the line.

November 29, 2017, 10:01:30 PM
Reply #53

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
It's some fall from grace

Simply simply lovely

November 29, 2017, 10:04:43 PM
Reply #54

dax78

The majority of us creamed our pants when Koeman was appointed, showed ambition, we were going to mix it with the big boys, worried he would leave us for Barcelona.................... ........well that turned out pretty shit.

Allardyce might just surprise a few people, I for one will reserve judgement until he at least takes a training session.
Hans segers is a legend ;)

November 29, 2017, 10:06:44 PM
Reply #55

Bluedylan

It's the demise that hurts - 3 months ago we were hopeful of closing the gap to the Top 4. The way we're playing now, we'd be doing well to stay 4th from bottom. To then be told we're appointing Sammy Lee is a dagger to the heart.

Still, hopefully this is very much a means to an end. I'm cautiously optimistic and think from the (realistic) options available, we've done what I believe we had to. Hopefully he can turn us around, move us up the league and go into retirement knowing that he laid the foundations for our next bright spark 6/12/18 months down the line.

Yeah I'm very much in the 'any vaguely competent manager could steer us to mid table without a problem' camp. We don't need to resort to this utter garbage. Desperate. People have been brainwashed and had their expectations lowered so much that they think this desperation is acceptable. It shouldn't be.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 29, 2017, 10:09:38 PM
Reply #56

everton1952

I would like to see Little Sammy kick Mirallas right up in the air if he moans or slacks.  Add a few others as well to boot.

November 29, 2017, 10:18:26 PM
Reply #57

Martip

It's not ideal but I'm happy to give him a chance. We have been so bad lately that he can't be worse than koeman and/or unsworth.

Although not totally inspired I am now confident we 'll stay in the prem which at this point is better than where we were at. Fact of the matter is if a better option comes along we can get rid.

November 29, 2017, 10:21:34 PM
Reply #58

van der Meyde

Yeah I'm very much in the 'any vaguely competent manager could steer us to mid table without a problem' camp. We don't need to resort to this utter garbage. Desperate. People have been brainwashed and had their expectations lowered so much that they think this desperation is acceptable. It shouldn't be.
I agree, but sad as it sounds they're probably doing the best they can do with the limited knowledge base they have.

Even Fonseca was only in the frame because Moshiri is friendly with Jorge Mendes.

November 29, 2017, 10:38:54 PM
Reply #59

Lxxx

This is the kind of appointment I would have expected after Moyes, very much in keeping with our club at the time. Since then we've finished 5th and 7th, played in Europe twice, flirted with top 4 for a while last season and spent more money than ever in our history. We were moving in the right direction it seemed, away from the old self limiting era, albeit with a few hiccups along the way. It's now feels like we've being tempted by a very fit lady only to get back to hers and for her to pull her cock out.