December 12, 2017, 10:19:07 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce appointment marks new low point in Everton history  (Read 7448 times)

November 29, 2017, 10:39:02 PM
Reply #60

domingo

The appointment of Allardyce sees Everton revert back to a tediously pragmatic anti-entertainment approach to football. Moyes style football was necessary to keep the club in the top flight when we had no resources, but even that was better football than Walter Smith forced upon us, and it is to Smith, I think, we have to return to find the kind of football that Allardyce will seek to play. This is the man that thumped the ball up to Davies, to Carrol, to Benteke. My patience with Koeman really ran out when Everton were linked with a move for Carrol, mainly because I wanted us to play better football than you see in the park on Sunday, but now we have appointed the supreme arbiter of pub football. Never have we been so far away from a positive, entertaining, and enthralling style of play.
 Hopefully this is a short term appointment to be followed in the summer by an individual who will go on to define a skilful and entertaining football for which Everton Football Club will be synonymous with forevermore.

deCoubertin

November 29, 2017, 10:43:30 PM
Reply #61

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I know this is a bit radical, but I might just try giving him a bit of time before I judge him at Everton.
As I say, it is a bit radical that idea.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

November 29, 2017, 10:47:19 PM
Reply #62

domingo

I think it's fair to judge the style of football he will play on a 25 year career. It might be winning football, but will it be watchable?

November 29, 2017, 10:49:50 PM
Reply #63

Simon Paul

Administrator
Maybe don't use this as the opening gambit if you're after an interview with him!

it's my opening statement for when I get to sit down with him

obviously he'll be on a couch - taking up the whole of it - and I'll be in a chair, but I'll feel like it'll be me who needs the counselling session.

November 29, 2017, 10:51:42 PM
Reply #64

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
To me it sounds like the club has absolutely no football identity and therefore absolutely no plan for long term football development. This has resulted in an incredibly disjointed and unbalanced squad with no real idea of what kind of football should be implemented.

How the fuck does a football team go from Roberto Martinez's philosophy to Sam fucking Allardyce in the space of 18 months?

Doesn't really make sense.

Whenever you change a manager it brings a change of style.

Moyes to Martinez is just as big a change as Martinez to Allardyce. In fact probably bigger when you consider the transition via Koeman.

If you're changing manager it's often an admission things haven't gone well. So the last thing you try and do is replicate the precious managers style.

November 29, 2017, 10:58:42 PM
Reply #65

mikey_blue

November 29, 2017, 10:59:31 PM
Reply #66

gizzblue

What's done is done ...and of ,those wanting to save their money whinge about something we can do fuck all about go ahead...me '  will dust myself off get behind the team regardless of Fat Sam the fireman or Sammy cunting Lee, Morgan lazy no fight Schneiderlin and couldn't give a shit Gold Bentley bell endralas ....our team and club is bigger than all this shit .

COYB. 💙

November 29, 2017, 10:59:38 PM
Reply #67

bogie

you think his appointment is a positive do you?

I'd love to hear how you think this....so please, enlighten the group as to how it is a positive that Everton have come to the point in our history where we need to employ Sam fucking Allardyce as our manager

yes I do
but we could go out and get a manager with 50% winrate in shit leagues and try playing football form the back with the great center backs we have and stay up easy

wake up will you

the OP how sad are you were you sitting all day to get this posted

the only low point I see in this is big duncan staying on in his role

November 29, 2017, 11:00:35 PM
Reply #68

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's fair to judge the style of football he will play on a 25 year career. It might be winning football, but will it be watchable?

Was Smith watchable?
Was Moyes early years watchable?
Was Martinez season 2 and 3 watchable?
Was Koeman ever watchable?
Has Unsworth been watchable these last few games?

We've played ugly football for years. Allardyce won't be any worse than what's come before.

November 29, 2017, 11:02:22 PM
Reply #69

blue1948

Get behind the man and support the club instead of getting on his back. He hasn't even started the job yet and your writing white like this. Typical fucking evertonians.
Don't like it and you know where the door is !!!

November 29, 2017, 11:03:00 PM
Reply #70

Simon Paul

Administrator
yes I do
but we could go out and get a manager with 50% winrate in shit leagues and try playing football form the back with the great center backs we have and stay up easy

wake up will you

the OP how sad are you were you sitting all day to get this posted

the only low point I see in this is big duncan staying on in his role

Allardyce hasn't even got a 50% win ratio though

averages 1.25 points per game....

that'll help us at the moment won't it?

November 29, 2017, 11:03:00 PM
Reply #71

domingo

True, but I was dreaming of more. The excuse for playing bad football was that we didn't have the resources, but now we do. Surely the club should be aiming for more, and I think, too, that the supporters have the right to expect more.

November 29, 2017, 11:04:08 PM
Reply #72

blue1948

Surely the low is the array of shit that's brought us to this panic.
No that is the cause

November 29, 2017, 11:04:25 PM
Reply #73

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Allardyce hasn't even got a 50% win ratio though

averages 1.25 points per game....

that'll help us at the moment won't it?

What was Martinez PL points per game ratio when he came to us?

November 29, 2017, 11:04:28 PM
Reply #74

UnsyisaRhino

I know this is a bit radical, but I might just try giving him a bit of time before I judge him at Everton.
As I say, it is a bit radical that idea.

Far too sensible. Back in the cupboard you go.