December 17, 2017, 02:49:34 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 12409 times)

Simon Paul and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 01, 2017, 12:29:55 PM
Read 12409 times

Jamokachi

Starting a new thread because I think we need a clean slate.

Yes, very few of us are enthused by the appointment, but it would be folly not to get behind the man. We all want success, we all want to see the team perform, we all want wins, and we all desperately want to see a group of players that will give their all for the shirt.

I hope to god he proves all us doubters wrong and brings this group of talented individuals (because that's what they are) together, and we can really get behind him and the team.

Welcome to Everton Big Sam, show us what you're made of!

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/936302906038505472

deCoubertin

December 01, 2017, 12:40:09 PM
Reply #1

therealdunc

I think a top half finish is what he should be aiming for and judged on this season.

Next season I think he should be judged on winning a trophy or finishing top 4/6.
Any less would be failure UNLESS he doesnít get any money to spend.
But I fully expect Steve Walsh and Sam to go into the market in a big way next summer.

Genuinely expect him to give everything into planning for next season and having a real good go at in next year.

Think about it, next season is pretty much the last chance in his life to really go for it and I think itís going to be a huge success.
Genuinely excited.

He has a tough run with 9 games in the next month, but get through that unscathed and it will be onwards and upwards.
Blue

December 01, 2017, 01:29:21 PM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I want Everton to do well if we do well then I will warm to him

Simply simply lovely

December 01, 2017, 01:34:04 PM
Reply #3

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
He's now our manager. I didn't want him but I will give him as much a chance as I gave RM and RK
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 01, 2017, 01:48:29 PM
Reply #4

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah the appointment is done. He wasnít my first choice and hopefully there is a bigger plan to get the right man to move us forward when he does become available

I think the type of players that refuse to play for any manager, and the type of fans who would stay away from the game because of choice of manager are probably the ones that we want to weed out anyway

This doesnít mean that people arenít entitled to moan of course when things arenít going well, but Iím behind him and hoping he makes a success of his time here
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 01, 2017, 01:55:42 PM
Reply #5

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah agree. Probably as underwhelming appointment as there could be all things considered (from a personal POV). Iíve been watching his sides for a decade and theyíre mind numbing.

But heís here and thatís that. I would have liked him to have had a decent record at either of the larger clubs heís bin at, but it is what it is.

Iím astonished at the mans hubris considering heís not actually done anything, so Iím hoping that this can be used to his benefit.

Like I said heís here and thatís that. Iíll be rooting for him like I would any other manager. Fingers crossed he starts like a house on fire and we snake 3 points of the neighbours, that would go a hell of a long way for many fans.

December 01, 2017, 02:18:17 PM
Reply #6

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 01, 2017, 02:20:03 PM
Reply #7

van der Meyde

Compared to the rest of the football world? He wouldn't have been what I'd go for.

Compared to what we had though? Well, I like/rate Allardyce more than Koeman. Allardyce is probably better suited to working with Walsh than Koeman.

We've effectively swapped 18+ months of Koeman for 18 months of Allardyce. On that basis I'm...okay with how things turned out.

December 01, 2017, 02:30:28 PM
Reply #8

Paddockoldie

At  least he refers to 'us' and has some understanding of what the club is and stands for... but as they say "He would say that wouldn't he?" Shame Koeman didn't but we move on.. The RS are busy making up songs for Sammy Lee as we speak

December 01, 2017, 02:33:40 PM
Reply #9

di_guyo

I think a top half finish is what he should be aiming for and judged on this season.

Next season I think he should be judged on winning a trophy or finishing top 4/6.
Any less would be failure UNLESS he doesnít get any money to spend.
But I fully expect Steve Walsh and Sam to go into the market in a big way next summer.

Genuinely expect him to give everything into planning for next season and having a real good go at in next year.

Think about it, next season is pretty much the last chance in his life to really go for it and I think itís going to be a huge success.
Genuinely excited.

He has a tough run with 9 games in the next month, but get through that unscathed and it will be onwards and upwards.

Reckon you're a year ahead here. Survive, then top half, then Europe. We're a fucking state right now
Everton & Atleti

December 01, 2017, 03:35:43 PM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon you're a year ahead here. Survive, then top half, then Europe. We're a fucking state right now

We could be top half by the end of the weekend.

That shows the level of competition - if he sorts us out to any level of cohesion do you not expect to get more points now than Newcastle, Brighton etc?

December 01, 2017, 03:37:41 PM
Reply #11

Macca77

I'm still unconvinced, he's here now though so gotta get on with and so I will back him. I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong if he does a good job

Keeping us up doesn't mean hes done a good job by the way
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 03:39:22 PM by Macca77 »

December 01, 2017, 03:46:46 PM
Reply #12

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What happened to our expectations man?

People like myself need to stop being cry arses now and get behind him but let's have some standards.

Relegation and survival shouldn't even be getting discussed. Should all be about making a push for the top 8 and that's what he should be judged on.

December 01, 2017, 03:52:21 PM
Reply #13

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
What happened to our expectations man?

People like myself need to stop being cry arses now and get behind him but let's have some standards.

Relegation and survival shouldn't even be getting discussed. Should all be about making a push for the top 8 and that's what he should be judged on.

Spot on. If SA is the great organiser that we are being told he should have no problem getting the best out of this squad especially with the likes of Coleman and Bolaisie to come back and signings in Jan.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 01, 2017, 03:53:32 PM
Reply #14

Macca77

Just hope he uses what common sense he has and takes the kids over to Limasol on Thursday, no point in taking a strong team, especially with a game at the Norwegian church a few days after.