December 17, 2017, 02:51:36 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 10036 times)

December 02, 2017, 06:59:34 PM
Read 10036 times

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
So we need a CB, LB, passing DM and CF. I’d also say we need to grab a winger too.

Ideally, and realistically, who do you go for?

deCoubertin

December 02, 2017, 07:00:07 PM
Reply #1

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Got a feeling we will go for Drinkwater

December 02, 2017, 07:02:39 PM
Reply #2

Mayor Farnum

Lamine Kone. I think Sam signed him for Sunderland originally.

December 02, 2017, 07:16:41 PM
Reply #3

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Good to hear Sam say he's going to target fullbacks.

No doubt this thread is going to be 10 pages of people saying we'll sign someone who's already played for him.

Let's branch out a bit aye. Sick of hearing the same names mentioned with us.

December 02, 2017, 07:19:15 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Full back fair enough. Not sure we need to be looking at the plural.

December 02, 2017, 07:20:10 PM
Reply #5

sam of the south

So we need a CB, LB, passing DM and CF. I’d also say we need to grab a winger too.

Ideally, and realistically, who do you go for?

Haha, I said we needed that even when everyone was spunking about our early recruitment in the summer window.

A bit will depend on how Bolasie progresses in training I expect, and how much Allardyce rates Lookman, Vlasic, Keane, Holgate, Sandro, DCL, Klaassen, and Schneiderlin, and if he can persuade Barkley to stay.

If Bolasie does spring on, and he can get sufficient performances out of Lookman, Vlasic, and Lennon then we will look pretty good in the winger department, and if he gets Barkley to commit and over his injury, he will literally be like a new signing 😏 and Klaassen won't be so much of an issue.

A striker, a top CB, a better DM than Schneiderlin, and a decent LB will make us 100% better.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

December 02, 2017, 07:40:15 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Walshy has to deliver the goods here
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 02, 2017, 07:42:21 PM
Reply #7

kramer0

No matter how this next month goes, we need a centre forward, centre back, and left back. I would give the midfielders and wingers time to show what they can do. If any of Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Besic, Bolasie, Lookman, or Vlasic find form (and fitness, in some cases), we may as well save our money until June.

I hope we don't try for any "getting the gang back together” signings, like van Aanholt. It's one thing to sign a familiar face when you step into a messy situation and don't have much of a recruitment team in place. We have Steve Walsh and Martyn Glover, both of whom Allardyce has worked with before, already working on identifying players, so we should be getting more creative than the same boring names from around the league.

December 02, 2017, 07:45:07 PM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
When did Walsh work with Sam by the way?

December 02, 2017, 07:46:06 PM
Reply #9

Tinga

I'm worried we're going to get a big fucking lump up front in the mould of Andy Carroll. I believe we'll get Bas Dost.

December 02, 2017, 07:53:16 PM
Reply #10

Ross

If he’s only here till the end of the season like an awful lot believe I doubt they’ll let him spend serious money.

Maybe a couple of loans for a few defenders if that really is the case.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 02, 2017, 07:53:41 PM
Reply #11

gizzblue

I'm worried we're going to get a big fucking lump up front in the mould of Andy Carroll. I believe we'll get Bas Dost.
That's what we were screaming out for .... the likes of Sandro ,klassen ,Sig ,Rooney even Lookman to feed off ...I for one would welcome a big hairy arse good back to goal bastard .

December 02, 2017, 07:53:57 PM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We need a technical 9
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 02, 2017, 07:57:24 PM
Reply #13

gizzblue

We need a technical 9
Fuck that too close to a ten😛

December 02, 2017, 08:00:36 PM
Reply #14

Bluedylan

He played with Defoe at Sunderland and didn't have a big lump, so it doesn't necessarily have to be that way. Sign a pacey forward that threatens people in behind and creates space for the midfielders.

Be arsed watching a big target man and yet another slow player added to the team.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.