December 17, 2017, 02:49:50 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 10035 times)

December 07, 2017, 12:05:11 PM
Reply #195

bluenuck

We can sign players from abroad

And wait for them to adjust to the PL?

Don't really want another 2-3 guys doing that on top of the 2 we already have.

This is the conundrum we're sort of in right now. Gotta get decent players in in 3 positions. But January isn't exactly the time to buy your 1st choice in those positions, and we need players that can hit the ground running to help us out this season.

It's gonna be players like Reid/shawcross, deeney, and some average left back.

That's what I'm prepared for.

deCoubertin

December 07, 2017, 04:10:01 PM
Reply #196

Lincs Toffee

Think we will get a couple of loans in to see us through this season, maybe with options to buy and a couple of unknowns, after then we will have a much better idea of what we want and where, especially with the lads that are coming back from injury as our shape will change then I imagine.
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

December 08, 2017, 06:31:33 AM
Reply #197

GrantyBoy78

Briefly convinced myself this was possible in the last window.

Listen the club isn't in GREAT shape, we think and hope there is better to come but it does feel a bit like we missed our chance. Might have a hard time convincing players to join the "project” of Big Sam finishing 10th...which is why we need some greedy bastard to just take the money.

If this is possible we should do it. Even if he is a pace merchant with attitude issues who's best years are behind him (sorry @kramer0 that idea is probably enough to make you log off for the evening) it would be our "Robinho' moment imo.
I always refer to the Tevez situation when Utd offered him £140k p/w and City turned his head with £250k, despite finishing 10th season before. And that was before players had the option to earn stupid money in China.

Aubameyang could easily join a top team for £200k p/w so we’d have to offer him £400k to get his attention.

December 08, 2017, 01:52:48 PM
Reply #198

stirlingblue

Rooney 8
Niasse 6
Calvert Lewin 5
Baines 3
Sigurdsson 3
Williams 2
Keane 1
Gueye 1
Vlasic 1

The only problem I see there is a noticeable lack of goals from a wide position.

We've predominantly played some sort of 4-3-3 this season so you'd hope to see more goals from Lennon/Mirallas/Bolasie etc going forward

December 08, 2017, 03:25:40 PM
Reply #199

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The only problem I see there is a noticeable lack of goals from a wide position.

We've predominantly played some sort of 4-3-3 this season so you'd hope to see more goals from Lennon/Mirallas/Bolasie etc going forward

We are in the era of the goalscoring wide forward for sure and are currently lagging behind badly. If only Mirallas has stepped up a few years ago instead of looking like his arse went unfortunately.

Need a Sterling / Sane / Hazard / Willian / Rashford / Salah / Mane type asap - Promes, Berardi, Zaha, Sisto - pace, ability to commit a man, can come inside or out, and finally coach those back toast poacher runs ala Pep with Sterling.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 08, 2017, 06:10:39 PM
Reply #200

Lincs Toffee

We are in the era of the goalscoring wide forward for sure and are currently lagging behind badly. If only Mirallas has stepped up a few years ago instead of looking like his arse went unfortunately.

Need a Sterling / Sane / Hazard / Willian / Rashford / Salah / Mane type asap - Promes, Berardi, Zaha, Sisto - pace, ability to commit a man, can come inside or out, and finally coach those back toast poacher runs ala Pep with Sterling.
Vlasic and Lookman say hi !
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean

December 08, 2017, 06:12:55 PM
Reply #201

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

From the bench.  :D

December 08, 2017, 06:14:32 PM
Reply #202

Lincs Toffee

From the bench.  :D
Unfortunately yes, but going on last nights performances, they should be there or there about next season.

December 08, 2017, 06:32:16 PM
Reply #203

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

And Henry and Bolassie and all, but remains to be seen who can and will make it.

Fact is, our starting wingers are probably still Lennon and an out of position Sig.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 08, 2017, 07:24:37 PM
Reply #204

mikey_blue

And Henry and Bolassie and all, but remains to be seen who can and will make it.

Fact is, our starting wingers are probably still Lennon and an out of position Sig.

Sig looks to be playing how Barkley played last season, the way he's drifting in from the left, but not really occupying the wing. A horribly unbalanced approach, but has worked for us in the past.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:55:04 PM by mikey_blue »

December 08, 2017, 07:30:01 PM
Reply #205

Lxxx

January doesn't really look like the busy window we feared it had to be last month. A new left back maybe and as others have mentioned everything else can, if it has to, wait till the summer. We've got Coleman to come back in as well as Bolasie and a few players now starting to step up like Sig. Our squad is pretty big in number when everyone is fit and if even half of them were playing like they could we wouldn't be in the situation we are.

December 08, 2017, 08:10:31 PM
Reply #206

blue slug

we will be a lot stronger going forward with henry and bollassie back and coleman, think we need to get a prolific striker, a centre back and left back asap in january

December 08, 2017, 08:48:00 PM
Reply #207

Bluedylan

We won't get relegated, we won't get Top 7 probably and we're unlikely to win the cup.

So developing players like Lookman and Vlasic into genuine first team players in the Prem could be a way to make the season mean something, and could help the fans to get onside with the new regime more.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 09, 2017, 11:10:55 PM
Reply #208

Shogun

Administrator
Hope that puts an end to Benteke shouts
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 09, 2017, 11:16:10 PM
Reply #209

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Hope that puts an end to Benteke shouts
Just cost me 180 :(