December 12, 2017, 10:17:52 PM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 7469 times)

December 03, 2017, 05:22:19 PM
Reply #60

Rodenplav64

Just like playing football Manager this shite . I hope he just gets told to get on with what he has till the summer . Don't want to see someone come in now and block Kenny , DCL , Benni or Lookman . I want to know if he can get improvement out of Klassen , Schneiderlin and Sandro once he has settled the defence and put a stop to the headless chicken displays . He has an 18 month contract and I don't think we need to inflate the squad with players who won't be arsed once we have got about 40 points .If the signs are positive then wait till the summer as the reason for the appointment was to stop us going down not that it was happening anyway .

deCoubertin

December 03, 2017, 05:26:46 PM
Reply #61

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Hmmmm thinking about the whole picture of where we and teams around us will be, come the end of the season (you would hope)...

Burnley’s and Watford’s bubble is likely to burst or they are not likely to end their season as strongly as they have started. And the opposite for us. And Southampton are on and off this year. So, you would think Leicester would be our main competition for chasing the top of the 2nd partition of the Prem. Bear with me...

If we grab Vardy or Mahrez, it will not only strengthen us, and add pace and severe threat up top, but it will weaken Leicester too. Were not going to get a Benzema, Cavani or a Lewandowski, but we should be able to tempt Vardy with a final big money move, and would do a job for the next transitional year or two.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 05:28:24 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

December 03, 2017, 05:32:40 PM
Reply #62

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Just like playing football Manager this shite . I hope he just gets told to get on with what he has till the summer . Don't want to see someone come in now and block Kenny , DCL , Benni or Lookman . I want to know if he can get improvement out of Klassen , Schneiderlin and Sandro once he has settled the defence and put a stop to the headless chicken displays . He has an 18 month contract and I don't think we need to inflate the squad with players who won't be arsed once we have got about 40 points .If the signs are positive then wait till the summer as the reason for the appointment was to stop us going down not that it was happening anyway .

We definitely need a front line striker, a LB option and maybe a new CB (although that could wait until summer).

Re other players like Klaassen, yes ideally we’ll see some work here, but maybe they want to leave etc.

December 03, 2017, 06:14:44 PM
Reply #63

BlueForYou

Cavani too good for Everton? Everton not in his league?

We should be targeting these players (VVD)

If not, re-target Giroud

Reece Oxford had his loan spell cut short so is back at West Ham and out of favour - Moyes might let him go on the cheap!

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 03, 2017, 06:38:38 PM
Reply #64

cantoffee

We should be targeting players who are under 26.

We need players hitting their prime years and we've signed too many players at 28 or 29 that will have no resale value.

We need to be conscious of the costs and not spend money so freely as we have been. It's not a recipe for success.

December 03, 2017, 06:53:07 PM
Reply #65

BlueForYou

A cap on a player's age? Better tell Sam - N'Zonzi is 29!

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 03, 2017, 07:08:21 PM
Reply #66

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Simply simply lovely

December 03, 2017, 07:20:15 PM
Reply #67

Rodenplav64

December 03, 2017, 07:44:00 PM
Reply #68

Danny

Cavani too good for Everton? Everton not in his league?

We should be targeting these players (VVD)

If not, re-target Giroud

Reece Oxford had his loan spell cut short so is back at West Ham and out of favour - Moyes might let him go on the cheap!

Cavani is too good for Everton, statistically one of the best strikers in the world in the last year and on a wedge at PSG playing in and competing to win the Champions League.

We’ve won 1 trophy in my lifetime, i’d be surprised if he’s even heard about us.

December 03, 2017, 07:49:52 PM
Reply #69

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Cavani is too good for Everton, statistically one of the best strikers in the world in the last year and on a wedge at PSG playing in and competing to win the Champions League.

We’ve won 1 trophy in my lifetime, i’d be surprised if he’s even heard about us.

He'll have heard of us.

Everton 1 Lyon 2
Lyon 3 Everton 0

Remember.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 03, 2017, 07:51:08 PM
Reply #70

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Niasse does the same for less . No way for me .
Totally different players but it's a no from me too

Simply simply lovely

December 03, 2017, 08:03:20 PM
Reply #71

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfer-rumours-troy-deeney-13987435

Ugh, if that isn’t cause for firing Walsh I don’t know what would be.

We’ve got to start showing more ambition and critically imagination in the transfer market.

December 03, 2017, 08:30:38 PM
Reply #72

Mayor Farnum

We've just played what will probably be our two easiest league games of the season. We will need reinforcements in January and one is likely to be a striker with a physical presence.

December 03, 2017, 08:58:31 PM
Reply #73

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Crackers.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 03, 2017, 09:01:48 PM
Reply #74

KoemansNumberTens

Crackers.

Exactly. Let's appoint a manager then cut his throat by not giving him any money to spend despite all of us knowing there's big holes in our squad. Crazy plan