December 17, 2017, 02:51:12 AM

Author Topic: Ratings versus Huddersfield  (Read 1466 times)

December 02, 2017, 11:09:48 PM
Read 1466 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford 7 - distribution not what it can be but solid stops throughout

Martina 8 - defensively solid, a sensible attacking threat and almost scored

Williams 8 - very solid, there's a good defender hiding in there. Particularly good in the air

Holgate 7 - less composed than Williams but did well and rarely made a mistake

Kenny 8 - thought he was excellent all round today MOTM

Gueye  8 - everything came through him today, he benefits massively from having the calmness of Rooney with him

Davies 6 - he wasn't poor but he was rash and a little bit headless chicken

Rooney 7 - more quietly effective today but the team thrives around him in that deeper role

Sigurddsson 7 - he looks so much better in the 10 position. Some good touches he works really hard for the team as well, set pieces not what they can be

Lennon 8 - his relationship with Kenny gave us so much joy down the right side. He needs to have more confidence in himself as he was  a real threat today

Calvert Lewin 7 - battled a lone furrow throughout, not everything stuck with him but he worked hard and earned his goal

Subs

Schneiderlin 6 - looked okay without adding much

Lookman 6 - worked hard when he came on

deCoubertin

December 02, 2017, 11:16:14 PM
Reply #1

Fynci

Martina MOTM for me but no complaints about those ratings. Good second half.
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

December 02, 2017, 11:24:08 PM
Reply #2

Mac934

Totally agree with those ratings.

Give the players their due, we have slagged them off most of the season, so fair play to them, this week they have proved they can do it.

And I would give Sam an 8 also for not changing the winning team from Wednesday and even the subs were sensible. Although I would have put Niasse on last. Looked like a defence that would have given him some joy.

December 02, 2017, 11:25:57 PM
Reply #3

howard1334

I would bump DCL up to an 8 even if his holdup play was lacking at times. Great back heel assist and a goal of his own. Super important to the result today.

I would give MOM to Gueye.

December 02, 2017, 11:26:37 PM
Reply #4

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon gana had been sound for most of the season tbh.

He's a destroyer and his stats are yet again the best in the league.

When he's got a functioning midfield around him he can get about his business. When it's a shambles, like it has been for most of the season, he's suddenly tasked with trying to influence the game with the ball and his limitations show.

One of the few players who hasn't let us down this season.

December 02, 2017, 11:36:17 PM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford 7
Kenny 7
Martina 7
Holgate 7
Williams 7
Davies 5
Rooney 7
Gueye 8
Sigurdsson 7
Lennon 7
Dcl 7

Schneiderlin 5
Lookman 6
Keane 5

Simply simply lovely

December 02, 2017, 11:44:19 PM
Reply #6

Macca77

Pickford 6
Kenny 7
Martina 7
Holgate 6
Williams 6
Davies 6
Rooney 7
Gueye 8
Sigurdsson 7
Lennon 8
Dcl 7

Schneiderlin 5
Lookman 5
Keane 5

December 02, 2017, 11:47:51 PM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Having structure and organization has helped massively. Gana being more disciplined is like a different player.

We need to try and keep this going, the current crop who are in the team right now will grow in confidence. What we need to do in the new year is slowly bleed into the first team those new players on the fringe and hopefully see them grow into the club more as well.

Big test next Sunday with the derby and those bastards scoring for fun again. If we can come away with a decent result, it could set us up for a more promising new year. One game at a time, but very happy to watch a game without having to stress about the result. It was always in the bag today.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 02, 2017, 11:56:32 PM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford 7
Kenny 7
Martina 7
Holgate 7
Williams 7
Davies 5
Rooney 7
Gueye 8
Sigurdsson 7
Lennon 7
Dcl 7

Schneiderlin 5
Lookman 6
Keane 5

Very harsh on Davies that la.

December 03, 2017, 12:11:11 AM
Reply #9

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Very harsh on Davies that la.
Thought he was poor, gave the ball away, looked heavy legged and gave away silly fouls

Simply simply lovely

December 03, 2017, 12:15:39 AM
Reply #10

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Thought Rooney, even assist aside, was excellent with his positioning and clos By down etc.

Not as spectacular as Wednesday but an actually good midfield performance.

December 03, 2017, 12:30:26 AM
Reply #11

GrantyBoy78

I know Davies is a young lad still but he needs to have a word with himself. Hell soon get the reputation as a yard dog if hes not careful and refs wont give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he needs to go out on loan and spend 40 games kicking people up in the air before he matures. He seemed so much more mature last year when he belied his age. Still boss like.

December 03, 2017, 12:36:43 AM
Reply #12

ally2

Davies is neither one thing nor the other at the moment and maybe that's why you see what's left being exaggerated - all the energy and aggression, quite often misplaced. I'd still have him in the team, and in time I hope he will add more to his game - hopefully goals.

December 03, 2017, 01:41:28 AM
Reply #13

MmmBlueRamirez

Good shouts re: Davies

Needs to calm down and stop trying so hard. Otherwise hes going to make himself a target for other teams to win free kicks, get him carded early or sent off.

Id like us to sign another CM so we can send Davies out on loan in jan.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 03, 2017, 01:47:49 AM
Reply #14

everton1952

He must not play Davies at Anfield or we will have 10 men after 15 minutes. He needs sorting out in his head and I am confident that the new management team will do it, for Davies sake.