December 12, 2017, 10:19:50 PM

Author Topic: Ratings versus Huddersfield  (Read 1447 times)

December 03, 2017, 02:53:56 AM
Reply #15

GrantyBoy78

He must not play Davies at Anfield or we will have 10 men after 15 minutes. He needs sorting out in his head and I am confident that the new management team will do it, for Davies sake.
Yeah agree with this. Like last season when Barkley did the proverbial and played the occasion and not the game, playing like yer da would after 6 Stellas.

deCoubertin

December 03, 2017, 03:00:06 AM
Reply #16

TheTone

Yeah agree with this. Like last season when Barkley did the proverbial and played the occasion and not the game, playing like yer da would after 16 Stellas.

Fixed

December 03, 2017, 03:05:47 AM
Reply #17

blueski

Lennon was absolutely brilliant today for me

Hope he can keep that up.
Nil Satis

December 03, 2017, 03:35:55 AM
Reply #18

bacon sarnie

Give them all a 7. Subs get 5. Manager gets a stick of Wrigleys for now.

December 03, 2017, 03:40:42 AM
Reply #19

Juanito

Good shouts re: Davies

Needs to calm down and stop trying so hard. Otherwise hes going to make himself a target for other teams to win free kicks, get him carded early or sent off.

Id like us to sign another CM so we can send Davies out on loan in jan.

Think this was meant to be Klaassen

December 03, 2017, 04:33:13 AM
Reply #20

toshyboy

Kenny head and shoulders best player on park for me

December 03, 2017, 05:34:10 AM
Reply #21

kramer0

Am I the only one who thinks Davies knows what he's doing? Committing, and getting away with, cheap fouls is a big part of his game. It was a dumb challenge to pick up the booking today but I never felt like he was in danger of getting sent off. He walks that tightrope better than the experienced midfielders at the club.

I think we can safely put him on the pitch against Liverpool if he rests mid-week. And we're going to need players who can win fouls if we want to offer any sort of resistance.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 07:24:29 AM by kramer0 »

December 03, 2017, 07:12:07 AM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thought Williams was MOTM, his best game in a while.

Rooney, Sig, DCL and Kenny all very impressive
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 03, 2017, 07:33:48 AM
Reply #23

Jamokachi

Pickford - 6 - not much to do, but picked the right passes on most occasions and the speed he comes out to deal with stuff is always reassuring
Kenny - 8 - superb performance in both attack and defence
Holgate - 7 - solid and has some much needed pace, also very good in the air
Williams - 7 - probably his calmest performance for us this season, copped with their physical presence well
Martina - 7 - So much better than anything he's shown on the right. Decent crack at goal and a cheeky flick near the end to cap it all off
Gana - 8 - Bossed the midfield, looks transformed with Rooney next to him (MOM)
Rooney - 7 - Struggled to get a hold on the game early doors, but we were bypassing him. Much better second half, with a sublime assist
Davies - 6 - Felt like he lost his cool after being targeted early doors, silly yellow. Wayward passing but still looked to drive on.
Lennon - 7 - Tireless performance and brought some quality into the final third, as well as helping out defensively
Sigurdsson - 7 - A 6 up until that goal, very quiet f/h and off the money with set pieces. Superb goal though, giving their GK the eyes like that
Calvert-Lewin - 8 - Thankless task, but he gave his all. Deserved the fortune for his goal. That assist tho...

Schneiderlin - 6 - Thought he looked committed when he came on, even if his passing was a bit off. I like him, and hope Big Sam gets his head right
Lookman - 6 - Pressed well, committed in defence, good to see him get some game time
Keane - 6 - Solid aerial performance when he came on, exactly what was needed

December 03, 2017, 11:29:09 AM
Reply #24

Thomas

Pickford 7 - distribution not what it can be but solid stops throughout

Martina 8 - defensively solid, a sensible attacking threat and almost scored

Williams 8 - very solid, there's a good defender hiding in there. Particularly good in the air

Holgate 7 - less composed than Williams but did well and rarely made a mistake

Kenny 8 - thought he was excellent all round today MOTM

Gueye  8 - everything came through him today, he benefits massively from having the calmness of Rooney with him

Davies 6 - he wasn't poor but he was rash and a little bit headless chicken

Rooney 7 - more quietly effective today but the team thrives around him in that deeper role

Sigurddsson 7 - he looks so much better in the 10 position. Some good touches he works really hard for the team as well, set pieces not what they can be

Lennon 8 - his relationship with Kenny gave us so much joy down the right side. He needs to have more confidence in himself as he was  a real threat today

Calvert Lewin 7 - battled a lone furrow throughout, not everything stuck with him but he worked hard and earned his goal

Subs

Schneiderlin 6 - looked okay without adding much

Lookman 6 - worked hard when he came on

Sometimes i think Tom Davies runs around so much, he makes himself dizzy and becomes like a man possessed. He just fails to settle into games sometimes. Partial reply to @kramer0 @everton1952  this as well.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:30:59 AM by Thomas »

December 03, 2017, 04:26:31 PM
Reply #25

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Think Davies is a much better player than he's getting credit for here.

I thought he played well yesterday.

December 03, 2017, 05:14:16 PM
Reply #26

piggypop

Am I the only one who thinks Davies knows what he's doing? Committing, and getting away with, cheap fouls is a big part of his game. It was a dumb challenge to pick up the booking today but I never felt like he was in danger of getting sent off. He walks that tightrope better than the experienced midfielders at the club.

I think we can safely put him on the pitch against Liverpool if he rests mid-week. And we're going to need players who can win fouls if we want to offer any sort of resistance.
He looks like when he was growing up, he watched and took note of how Pienaar won free kicks for us.
I think he's a more important for our team than many are giving him credit for.

December 04, 2017, 06:41:55 PM
Reply #27

formerKHL

on ething these ratings show..is that almost everyone has a different opinion of players peformances..

what makes the difference between a 5 and a 6... or a 6 and a 7 by the way?

December 04, 2017, 06:55:09 PM
Reply #28

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Think Davies is a much better player than he's getting credit for here.

I thought he played well yesterday.

He's an old school, harrying type when not in possession and must be a nightmare to play against.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 04, 2017, 10:18:06 PM
Reply #29

Toddacelli

Pickford 7
Kenny 7
Martina 7
Holgate 7
Williams 7
Davies 5
Rooney 7
Gueye 8