December 17, 2017, 02:51:43 AM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 3461 times)

December 03, 2017, 04:44:32 AM
Read 3461 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
DCL
Just wanted to register my gratitude to whoever signed Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

He is not there yet deffo, and he doesnt have enough like raw threat currently, but hes had to step up this year and do a job that I actually dont even think will his main role in the future, and hes done so manfully.

Whoever the opposition, whatever the occasion or competition, hes approached pretty much every game as a competitor and has even been able to showcase a bit of guile and ability amongst the rock em shock em elbows and arses job Koeman, Unsworth and now Sam have asked him to do.

I think hes a good player and wed have been far worse off without him
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

deCoubertin

December 03, 2017, 04:47:52 AM
Reply #1

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Baller

December 03, 2017, 04:56:19 AM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's a talent who's been expected to do too much too soon this season. He's got the ability to succeed at this level for sure

December 03, 2017, 05:03:45 AM
Reply #3

ally2

Yes absolutely. And again it's worth mentioning that quite a few were starting to write him off when he was only playing as a winger in the early days. Not even as a striker. I wish we could just show some patience in this and all other respects really (manager, owner, scout etc). Although to be fair I wrote off Niasse, and still stand by that so I can't talk really.

December 03, 2017, 05:08:31 AM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I was quite unimpressed at the beginning but hes shown an awful lot I think. Believes in himself an all I reckon.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 03, 2017, 05:09:34 AM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
If he bulks up but keeps his pace he'll be a good player

Simply simply lovely

December 03, 2017, 05:09:47 AM
Reply #6

burkey17

Early days and due to circumstances he has been accelerated to the 1st XI earlier then I think the Club expected. However he has grown into this role and for me taken this opportunity. How many CF's in the Prem lead the line at 20 years of age? Ok he's not the finished article by any means but he's maturing so quickly and only more game time can see him hopefully succeed. The jury might be out on him but that's unfair. He's young and he won't have the effect that he had today every week. If anything I see a 'Young Sharpy' in the making. Let's hope so.

December 03, 2017, 06:10:27 AM
Reply #7

Martip

I think he's been pretty poor truth be told however today he was very good. Keep it up  :thumbsup:

December 03, 2017, 06:19:56 AM
Reply #8

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Love the Dominator me

Proper works his arse off, is good in the air and fast and helps link the play. He has stepped upto the plate for us this season. The boy has become a man

Also he gets unrivalled levels of fanny

Theres not been many success stories individually this season, but hes been one of them
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 03, 2017, 06:52:47 AM
Reply #9

Ross

Hes a tough cookie with a bit of skill and pace to him and his finishing should improve with the more chances he gets.

Looks a promising lad.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 03, 2017, 07:14:15 AM
Reply #10

Jamokachi

December 03, 2017, 07:16:49 AM
Reply #11

Jamokachi

I think he's been pretty poor truth be told however today he was very good. Keep it up  :thumbsup:

Honestly, how? What criticism can be fairly levelled against him?

December 03, 2017, 07:35:57 AM
Reply #12

bogie

would have liked 2 see his left peg get better by now but still only 20 so still got time

he will fill out in time and that will help a lot with hold up play

like I have said before there is something about him

December 03, 2017, 10:21:56 AM
Reply #13

bluenuck

I have said he's pretty much useless and don't see what people see in him.

He's come out today and proven me very wrong.

He proves me right though sometimes but he's only 20 and has been asked to do the impossible and replace Lukaku with basically no experience.

On rooneys 3rd goal against west ham he even had a nice little flick that freed himself up that made joe hart come out and play it.

He's getting better and better with every game and I'm looking like I have no idea what I'm talking about.

December 03, 2017, 11:13:22 AM
Reply #14

Thomas

Love the Dominator me

Proper works his arse off, is good in the air and fast and helps link the play. He has stepped upto the plate for us this season. The boy has become a man

Also he gets unrivalled levels of fanny

Theres not been many success stories individually this season, but hes been one of them

Unusally considering his style, I like him.

We've always needed an annoying, false 9 type to chip in with the odd goal. Sort of like Otazaki at Leicester.

DCL could be it.