December 12, 2017, 10:19:36 PM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 2994 times)

December 03, 2017, 11:58:26 AM
Reply #15

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If he bulks up but keeps his pace he'll be a good player

Yeah at the moment his best bits of hold up play are the flicks etc.

He also produces some great bits of control in difficult areas.

Still needs to develop the consistent side of that role where youíre blocking the CBs and providing easy passes to the supporting players.

Remains to be seen if his threat increases, canít always be taught or developed, but certainly with SA the other side of the game should really come on.

deCoubertin

December 03, 2017, 01:06:26 PM
Reply #16

mikey_blue

Big fan of the lad. Doing a job that would normally be reserved for a seasoned veteran, even being somewhat of a talisman for a struggling team. No mean feat for a lad his age.

December 03, 2017, 02:54:17 PM
Reply #17

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Kidís got flair and dares to Zlatan. Love him.

December 03, 2017, 02:57:42 PM
Reply #18

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Has he really broken up with that model?
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 03, 2017, 03:00:44 PM
Reply #19

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Has he really broken up with that model?
Reckon so yeah

Simply simply lovely

December 03, 2017, 03:08:12 PM
Reply #20

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Needs to improve a lot on his finishing for me. Heís like one in six or seven which for a striker is pretty poor. But thereís something you canít help but like about him and heís had a thankless task this season.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 03, 2017, 03:13:25 PM
Reply #21

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Needs to improve a lot on his finishing for me. Heís like one in six or seven which for a striker is pretty poor. But thereís something you canít help but like about him and heís had a thankless task this season.

Iíd say itís more the number of chances he gets.

Has had missed some decent chances this season but until he starts getting them in most games itís hard to judge the finishing specifically.

December 03, 2017, 04:24:56 PM
Reply #22

Martip

Honestly, how? What criticism can be fairly levelled against him?
Lack of goal scoring threat pretty much throughout the season until recently....all graft and no impact, poor hold up play etc.

I appreciate he is still young and the teal absolute dross etc and has been much better in the last two games so hopefully it's the sign of an upturn.

December 03, 2017, 04:38:58 PM
Reply #23

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah at the moment his best bits of hold up play are the flicks etc.

He also produces some great bits of control in difficult areas.

Still needs to develop the consistent side of that role where youíre blocking the CBs and providing easy passes to the supporting players.

Remains to be seen if his threat increases, canít always be taught or developed, but certainly with SA the other side of the game should really come on.

Is Big Dunc the best striker coach this lad could have?  does Dunc contribute massively to the development of our young attacking players or was his appointment just a fan pleasing emotional appointment ? Just a question, would be interested to hear others opinions.

December 03, 2017, 04:51:22 PM
Reply #24

MmmBlueRamirez

Context is required when considering DCL's performances.

Hes 20 years old, spearheading the attach of a premier league club with top 6 aspirations.

Not many would get the opportunity. Very few who do will succeed.

I think hes continuing to develop nicely and that's all you can realistically expect.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 07:07:40 PM by MmmBlueRamirez »
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 03, 2017, 04:51:39 PM
Reply #25

Lxxx

He would have been made up to play a dozen games this season but I reckon he'll end up with a dozen goals instead. Sometimes opportunity knocks and you've got to take it and loan moves aren't always the best option. Playing with better players at a higher level day in day out works just as well for some players.

December 03, 2017, 05:07:45 PM
Reply #26

KoemansNumberTens

Not his biggest fan. Works hard, harasses etc. The problem i have is that he just doesn't do enough past that in 90 minutes. He has some very clever moments of hold up play and flicks but there's just not enough of them. He's got the highlights for 30-45 minutes each game rather than the 90 and so far his finishing has been below par too

There's definitely scope for him to improve but I'd like to see him have a year with a top quality championship side. Scoring goals and winning every week hopefully

December 03, 2017, 05:14:51 PM
Reply #27

blue1948

Lack of goal scoring threat pretty much throughout the season until recently....all graft and no impact, poor hold up play etc.

I appreciate he is still young and the teal absolute dross etc and has been much better in the last two games so hopefully it's the sign of an upturn.
I have no idea what you expect from him but in my opinion you are  being grossly unfair to him .Yes he could improve his finishing but if every one he scores is a deflection I don't see how we should complain .

December 03, 2017, 05:28:08 PM
Reply #28

Martip

I have no idea what you expect from him but in my opinion you are  being grossly unfair to him .Yes he could improve his finishing but if every one he scores is a deflection I don't see how we should complain .
Fair dos I appreciate what you are saying however when I watch him I cannot see him ever being the player we need to spearhead our attack....graft and willingness will only take you so far.

December 03, 2017, 06:04:27 PM
Reply #29

Jamokachi

Fair dos I appreciate what you are saying however when I watch him I cannot see him ever being the player we need to spearhead our attack....graft and willingness will only take you so far.

He has skill and technique in abundance, in fact his whole game is more skill and technique rather than graft and willingness. It's an added bonus he does the latter.