December 11, 2017, 09:32:00 PM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 2903 times)

December 03, 2017, 06:07:44 PM
Reply #30

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Iíd say itís more the number of chances he gets.

Has had missed some decent chances this season but until he starts getting them in most games itís hard to judge the finishing specifically.

This brings up my point about Niasse rather well. This guy has had minimal chances, minimal minutes yet over twice as many goals as DCL. Yet DCL has more skill and a better all round player. Niasse puts it away when it counts.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

deCoubertin

December 03, 2017, 06:17:38 PM
Reply #31

BlueForYou

DCL: Anelka MkII - potentially!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 03, 2017, 06:18:13 PM
Reply #32

velimski

Preferred the other thread.

December 03, 2017, 06:30:11 PM
Reply #33

cantoffee

He seems to have great self-belief which will take him far.

Most assists in the side this year as well.

Lots to work on in getting in the right positions to take chances and in his hold up play but he does have good raw talent.

We'll see where he is by the end of the season but he's still very young so can't place much expectations on him.

December 03, 2017, 07:37:30 PM
Reply #34

blue1948

Fair dos I appreciate what you are saying however when I watch him I cannot see him ever being the player we need to spearhead our attack....graft and willingness will only take you so far.
Is that graft ,willingness , back heels and most assists or just a bias and unwillingness to admit you are in deeper that Dom in the model?

December 03, 2017, 07:50:52 PM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I think it’s down to lack of chances really.

Now our form has picked up a bit it will be interesting to see if he gets a few more chances per game than previously. Of course, if he doesn’t then that is part of it as well - top strikers give themselves more chances to finish through movement etc. Would love an in depth look at his movement compared to top strikers of his style.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 03, 2017, 07:54:35 PM
Reply #36

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I donít think heís what we need at this moment in time. Thatís the crux of the issue for me.

Heís a developing player, and with that come some ups and downs as youíd expect. Heís not ready to be leading the line with regularity though. These last two games were his best of the season in addition to the Man City game. Outside of those his form has not been what we need, albeit I appreciate some of the work he has put in.

If our stated ambitions are still true, we need better at this moment in time.

December 03, 2017, 08:22:32 PM
Reply #37

blue1948

I donít think heís what we need at this moment in time. Thatís the crux of the issue for me.

Heís a developing player, and with that come some ups and downs as youíd expect. Heís not ready to be leading the line with regularity though. These last two games were his best of the season in addition to the Man City game. Outside of those his form has not been what we need, albeit I appreciate some of the work he has put in.

I cannot argue with that logic ,I just thought some of the flak is a bit unjustified .He has posed a bigger threat this season than I expected but we need somone to frighten the opposition a bit more ,saying that he really has improved the last few games .

December 03, 2017, 08:36:21 PM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Absolutely true I think we can all agree on that, but itís not his fault we failed in the summer and we should be able to be appreciative of the good job heís done for such a young man whoís made a big step up.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 03, 2017, 09:55:06 PM
Reply #39

Bluedylan

The people who brainlessly completely wrote him off and dismissed him...where are they?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 03, 2017, 10:10:24 PM
Reply #40

toffee_scot

He has stepped up this season, of course there have been games where he's been ineffective but remember as well that this time last year, his only real experience of first team football had come from playing for Northampton in League 2 and a handful of games for Sheff Utd in League 1.

He's already scored 6 goals in all competitions in a season where the team in general has struggled collectively to score and we are not even at the half way point, imagine if the likes of James Vaughan and Victor Anichebe could have done something like that before Christmas.

December 03, 2017, 10:44:36 PM
Reply #41

van der Meyde

The people who brainlessly completely wrote him off and dismissed him...where are they?
They're the ones who've moved on to saying he'll never be a Harry Kane. ;)

December 03, 2017, 11:14:35 PM
Reply #42

Fynci

So is he the new Harry Kane then or what? ;)
Cool + 380
Tool - 0

December 03, 2017, 11:18:17 PM
Reply #43

gizzblue

So is he the new Harry Kane then or what? ;)
Not sure how many had Harry the Bastard scored by his age ?.

December 04, 2017, 12:09:10 AM
Reply #44

Martip

True says