December 17, 2017, 02:51:23 AM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 3460 times)

December 05, 2017, 06:19:50 PM
Reply #60

SANA_DR0

always loved DCL, i know i preferred him starting the games rather than players our of position or some old age merc we signed (ie Giroud)

i know ive over played his skills, and didnt say a bad word about him.. he is immense.. i fucking love him.. love his skills, foot work, runs off the ball and his chasing down.. but he has missed some pretty clear cut chances.. that i know a more experienced striker would have buried.. its all part of  his learning curve.

Still i'd rather watch DCL learn and make mistakes with Everton than at some championship club.. 3 youth players if given the time this season will come through very very strongly. Kenny, Holgate and DCL... they will make mistakes.. but they will also make us very proud to be blues.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

deCoubertin

December 10, 2017, 03:34:43 AM
Reply #61

kiwiblue65

I hope all our youngster's come good and start a trend. I think it's great have local an English players dominate the team. I would hate to be like this RS and have no local lads playing in the derby.

December 10, 2017, 12:51:24 PM
Reply #62

howard1334

Still amusing the stick Lukaku gets. Seems to be mainly borne out of bitterness.

It is crazy. You would think after how much worse we have played without him people would have realized how good of player we had on our hands.

December 10, 2017, 01:27:32 PM
Reply #63

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
It is crazy. You would think after how much worse we have played without him people would have realized how good of player we had on our hands.
From an early West Wing episode, its not a case of 'post hoc ergo proptor hoc'.  Just because its happened after doesnt mean its happened because of it.  We've not been rubbish just because we've not had Lukaku.  Itz not like we'd have played him at CB or LB.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

December 10, 2017, 05:25:57 PM
Reply #64

howard1334

From an early West Wing episode, its not a case of 'post hoc ergo proptor hoc'.  Just because its happened after doesnt mean its happened because of it.  We've not been rubbish just because we've not had Lukaku.  Itz not like we'd have played him at CB or LB.

Nah. It is its own form of fallacious reasoning to scream "correlation is not causation" when the evidence of causation is starring you in the face. Lukaku's absence and our failure to replace him is the biggest factor by far (though, obviously, there are others).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:29:46 PM by howard1334 »

December 10, 2017, 06:03:30 PM
Reply #65

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Nah. It is its own form of fallacious reasoning to scream "correlation is not causation" when the evidence of causation is starring you in the face. Lukaku's absence and our failure to replace him is the biggest factor by far (though, obviously, there are others).

We've not struggled scoring goals.  Lukaku wouldn't have scored the 28 more goals than whichever striker has played in his place so far this season to negate the absolute bag of shit we've been in defence.

You can't look at a single game and think 'Lukaku would have scored that' and it would have reversed the result.  And thats all he would have brought because he wouldnt have been a better target man, he wouldnt have held the ball up and he wouldnt have worked his arse off like Niasse and DCL have done. 

But you can look at games where options instead of our CBs or LBs could have changed the result for the better.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

December 10, 2017, 06:07:47 PM
Reply #66

Ross

We finished mid table in 2 of the 4 seasons Lukaku was here. He wouldn’t be the difference maker at this moment for us, our problems have been much further back.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 10, 2017, 06:08:14 PM
Reply #67

KoemansNumberTens

Of course but there is a massive hole in our team because we didn't replace him. Think it's more about how inept that decision was than how good lukaku is

December 11, 2017, 12:55:17 AM
Reply #68

blueski

Thought he really did a job today with next to no support whatsoever
Nil Satis

December 11, 2017, 06:21:28 AM
Reply #69

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Anyone who can criticise this lad after the season he’s giving us here can never talk about evertonians getting behind someone who gives it 100%

Been asked to roll boulders up hills by three different long ball merchants and has done a fucking great job.

Can’t wait til we’re on the way up a bit and we can see what he can really do.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 11, 2017, 07:11:14 AM
Reply #70

gizzblue

Lad works his fucking plumbs off weekly.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:14:58 AM by gizzblue »

December 11, 2017, 12:33:08 PM
Reply #71

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I’m interested to see what Allardyce can do for his decision making in the hold up play.

Needs to learn more when to chest / flick on / win a foul etc.

Could do with filling out a a bit but otherwise has the physical ability to be good at that role.

Particularly as he’s quite quick, even if his threat isn’t amazing, he’d still be a good option for a team.

As a side point he’s seemingly got a good understanding with Rooney.

December 11, 2017, 12:55:33 PM
Reply #72

KoemansNumberTens

Anyone who can criticise this lad after the season he’s giving us here can never talk about evertonians getting behind someone who gives it 100%

Been asked to roll boulders up hills by three different long ball merchants and has done a fucking great job.

Can’t wait til we’re on the way up a bit and we can see what he can really do.

He tries hard but doesn't williams or Martina too. I'm not having some should be above criticism and others aren't

December 11, 2017, 01:55:01 PM
Reply #73

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
He tries hard but doesn't williams or Martina too. I'm not having some should be above criticism and others aren't

There’s a difference here as to why one should be cut more slack than the other two. I think you know this but you set out your stall very early with some players and seem to think that your life depends on sticking to your guns.

December 11, 2017, 03:15:39 PM
Reply #74

KoemansNumberTens

There’s a difference here as to why one should be cut more slack than the other two. I think you know this but you set out your stall very early with some players and seem to think that your life depends on sticking to your guns.

People have questioned is DCL is good enough. People have stated they hate Williams. Called Allardyce names and accused both (infact most) of not caring

Surely we are allowed to question players abilities. The shite others have taken has been shocking. DCL hasn't had any of that