December 17, 2017, 02:52:15 AM

Author Topic: Players who haven't bottled it.  (Read 968 times)

December 03, 2017, 11:31:57 AM
Read 968 times

adaml

Thus is my first post but I've read on here quite a bit.

I'd just like to say after all the stick some players have got over the last few months I think we should be happy with the players that have stood up and been counted even if they haven't been the best.

Some players have shyed away when the going got tough and others have stuck it out.

Williams: He has took alot of criticism lately, and rightly so. But if fairness not once has he bottled it or shyed away from his responsibilitys. Even when getting a tough time.

Siggurdson:. The only one out of the new outfield signings that's had the balls to keep going. Think he gets us tbh and will give 110% all the time

Pretty much everyone in that team today was ready to 'have a go' for the shirt but what about the players who have gone missing in this bad time. Should they play again when we come back into form. E.g. mirallas, Keane, klassen and a few others who I think have bottled it when the going got tough.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:59:04 AM by adaml »

deCoubertin

December 03, 2017, 01:31:09 PM
Reply #1

mikey_blue

Welcome, Brother.

Don't know if I'd say anyone's particularly "bottled" it. None of them have been able to hide, each one has been ridiculed mercilessly, with rotations coming off the back of poor performances.

Mirallas, Morgs and Barkley have been particularly disappointing though.

Mirallas always has been a bit of a prick and it's forever felt like he was in it for himself. can't wait to see the back of him.

Morgs has just played terrible, and has been disinterested. I'll give him time though, as he was a stand out player last year.

Ross, he's got one foot out the door already. It would of been nice to see him maybe supporting the team, maybe rallying Fan's on social media instead of deleting it. I know he's injured but when you've got Benjamin Mendy legging it half the field to celebrate with a with a torn ACL, then you can expect more from a lad who's been at the club for a long time, especially the way Everton looked after him.

December 03, 2017, 02:29:07 PM
Reply #2

bluenuck

Keane is up for it. Not even a question.

Sandro and klassen get a pass, for now. They're quality, but come from different worlds compared to the premier league.

As for mirallis he can get bent.

Schniederlin is still a bit of a question mark.

Barkley is already at Spurs.

December 03, 2017, 02:40:55 PM
Reply #3

School of Science

Barkley hasn't played this year, been out injured. Pickford has been good as has Rooney, Kenny and DCL.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

December 03, 2017, 02:42:36 PM
Reply #4

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I really want Morgan to sort himself out. He is a quality player as proved when he signed last year. I also hope Sandro and Klaasen work out too.

SA will now have a full week with the squad to see what we are about. Time for a fresh slate and a plan of action going forward
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 03, 2017, 03:09:30 PM
Reply #5

GrantyBoy78

Welcome, Brother.

Don't know if I'd say anyone's particularly "bottled" it. None of them have been able to hide, each one has been ridiculed mercilessly, with rotations coming off the back of poor performances.

Mirallas, Morgs and Barkley have been particularly disappointing though.

Mirallas always has been a bit of a prick and it's forever felt like he was in it for himself. can't wait to see the back of him.

Morgs has just played terrible, and has been disinterested. I'll give him time though, as he was a stand out player last year.

Ross, he's got one foot out the door already. It would of been nice to see him maybe supporting the team, maybe rallying Fan's on social media instead of deleting it. I know he's injured but when you've got Benjamin Mendy legging it half the field to celebrate with a with a torn ACL, then you can expect more from a lad who's been at the club for a long time, especially the way Everton looked after him.
Does anyone know if Ross has even been there on match days?

December 03, 2017, 03:19:03 PM
Reply #6

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford, Kenny, Lennon, Calvert-Lewin and Niasse for me are the ones who’ve manned up this season

The rest have struggled with poor form, lack of effort, struggled to adapt or had the wrong attitude or a confidence crisis

Not quite sure what has happened with Vlasic, his performances have been good but I’ve got a feeling something might have gone on behind the scenes
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 03, 2017, 05:30:38 PM
Reply #7

Rodenplav64

Pickford, Kenny, Lennon, Calvert-Lewin and Niasse for me are the ones who’ve manned up this season

The rest have struggled with poor form, lack of effort, struggled to adapt or had the wrong attitude or a confidence crisis

Not quite sure what has happened with Vlasic, his performances have been good but I’ve got a feeling something might have gone on behind the scenes

I think he will find room for Vlasic once he has drilled the defence he likes crosses into the box and we need to balance the workload which was all Kenny/Lennon yesterday .

December 03, 2017, 05:54:34 PM
Reply #8

gizzblue

Welcome to the Asylum .....

Fuck Mirra (and I was a bit fan he will be sucking moyes off come January )
Schneiderlin needs to sort his game out can be a boss player but has been as bad as Williams (who's picked up last two games) at times .

Still like to see more of Sandro Klassen and Vlasic think they have more to offer .

December 03, 2017, 08:06:18 PM
Reply #9

toffee_scot

Players who haven't really bottled it:

Jordan Pickford - I think he's done alright and is taking responsibility.
Phil Jagielka - Not always been great but he's the sort of player who always bounces back from setbacks
Wayne Rooney - He hasn't always played well, but he tries a little bit too hard at times.
Aaron Lennon - Finally has an opportunity to be back in the team, after the problems he had earlier this year he's done well to get back into things
Idrissa Gueye - Always trying to get involved, his main problem is he can be too involved and lacks positional discipline.
Tom Davies - Same with Gueye.
Oumar Niasse - One of the only players who deserves to be nominated for Player of the Season so far
Nikola Vlasic - One of the few shining lights when it was clear Koeman's time was coming to an end.
DCL - He's had to step up big time, not always effective but he's played his part.
Jonjoe Kenny - He's getting better and better.
Beni Beningime - He's impressed and I hope he gets more opportunities in the near future this season.

December 04, 2017, 01:31:50 AM
Reply #10

Mac934

Interested...... Most of the squad, with differing form.
Uninterested seemingly.....Baines, Mirallas and Schneiderlin.

December 04, 2017, 01:36:37 AM
Reply #11

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think either Baines or Schneids have "bottled it" might be a form issue, why would they have bottled it ?

December 04, 2017, 02:09:07 AM
Reply #12

blueski

not sure about this thread because I feel like its players without pace who consistently get branded as 'disinterested' or lacking bottle

Schneiderlin and Mirallas for me have bottled it for walking out of training though, beyond that I can't really say anyone

Nil Satis

December 04, 2017, 02:23:48 AM
Reply #13

eyesalwaysblue

Don't think Keane has bottled it,he has had a real baptism of fire, and has a lot to learn but could still be a good un with the right people working with him,a better team spirit will help as well.  I thought Klassen looked promising in the pre-season when he figured and could still end up ok when we get an even keel.   
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 04, 2017, 04:08:34 AM
Reply #14

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Does anyone know if Ross has even been there on match days?

Nah I think that crazy fuckin ‘ahh jeeem, yes Ross Barkley is having a medical at Chelsea!’ Interview from our dearly beloved leader may well have been the last straw in terms of even trying to feign interest.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.