December 11, 2017, 09:32:53 PM

Author Topic: Steven N'Zonzi  (Read 1807 times)

December 04, 2017, 02:53:34 AM
Reply #15

Waltzer

Nzonzi is class. Has been great at Sevilla we should be all over this
I agree, my only concern is I'd be amazed if there weren't bigger clubs in for him if he is available. 

deCoubertin

December 04, 2017, 02:55:45 AM
Reply #16

dekko

Id rather keep McCarthy, Besic and ship  Schneiderlin.

December 04, 2017, 03:08:59 AM
Reply #17

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Id take Nzonzi for ALL of them. Great player.

December 04, 2017, 03:14:49 AM
Reply #18

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
DM from what I've seen, he's head and shoulders above anything we've got. Id see him more as a replacement for Schneiderlin
Yes
Defensive midfielder. Great in the air, he's 6ft 5. Good control, and usually gets around 90% pass accuracy per season. He's not as mobile as the likes of Besic or Macarthy, bit as you said, they're pointless otherwise.

Then what are we waiting for? Let's go get him.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 04, 2017, 04:58:45 AM
Reply #19

Martip

DM from what I've seen, he's head and shoulders above anything we've got. Id see him more as a replacement for Schneiderlin
Was gonna say this...his signature would spell the end for Morgan as he can do everything Morgan can better and hives more going forward.

December 04, 2017, 06:01:35 AM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Likely going to a CL Club I think. But him or Carvalho would be warmly received.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 04, 2017, 06:51:35 AM
Reply #21

kramer0

N'Zonzi is a very good player, better than anyone we have in defensive midfield. I'm surprised he hasn't moved to a bigger club yet.

Still, I'd rather see us invest in a creative passer or a box-to-box midfielder. Right now, Rooney is the only player we have with any real vision in midfield and Davies is our only true box-to-box player*. Gana (when he's disciplined) and Schneiderlin (when he isn't hiding, see: last season) have enough quality to cover our defensive midfield needs. If Schneiderlin continues to play like he has, I can see the argument for adding a DM, but as is, I think we'd benefit more from someone who contributes something going forward, whether it be chance creation or goals (both, preferably).

I'd like to fit Klaassen into the midfield picture but he doesn't offer enough defensively to play box-to-box and he doesn't fit the passer mold at all. Maybe he has something more to show or maybe Allardyce has another role in mind for him. We'll see. McCarthy showed glimpses of being able to contribute in attack under Koeman but he's never fit, so it's hard to expect anything from him. Besic has a good attitude and some interesting qualities but he's more of a DM and I don't think he'll amount to much without regular appearances (which I don't think he's good enough to earn here).

If we receive a good offer for any of those players, it probably makes sense to sell (as much as I'd like to see more of Klaassen, I'm having a hard time seeing how he works in the context of this squad).

* Edit: Sigurdsson does the box-to-box thing for Iceland so he's a possibility in the middle, as well.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 07:42:18 PM by kramer0 »

December 04, 2017, 09:44:04 AM
Reply #22

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I thought he said in that other article that he didnt particularly like playing under Allardyce? He likes playing a more open, attacking game ala Sevilla right now.

December 04, 2017, 01:53:47 PM
Reply #23

Paddockoldie

Wakey, wakey lads... dreams over. Arsenal are after him.

December 04, 2017, 02:11:00 PM
Reply #24

mikey_blue

Wakey, wakey lads... dreams over. Arsenal are after him.

Hate to say it, but he'd be perfect for them.

December 04, 2017, 02:19:24 PM
Reply #25

Toddacelli

Remember the last thread with a player who's name started with an N'?

https://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=12535.0

Oh shit! It's only when I read this post that I realised we WEREN'T talking about N'Zogbia all this time!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 04, 2017, 08:39:55 PM
Reply #26

Rodenplav64

N'Zonzi is a very good player, better than anyone we have in defensive midfield. I'm surprised he hasn't moved to a bigger club yet.

Still, I'd rather see us invest in a creative passer or a box-to-box midfielder. Right now, Rooney is the only player we have with any real vision in midfield and Davies is our only true box-to-box player*. Gana (when he's disciplined) and Schneiderlin (when he isn't hiding, see: last season) have enough quality to cover our defensive midfield needs. If Schneiderlin continues to play like he has, I can see the argument for adding a DM, but as is, I think we'd benefit more from someone who contributes something going forward, whether it be chance creation or goals (both, preferably).

I'd like to fit Klaassen into the midfield picture but he doesn't offer enough defensively to play box-to-box and he doesn't fit the passer mold at all. Maybe he has something more to show or maybe Allardyce has another role in mind for him. We'll see. McCarthy showed glimpses of being able to contribute in attack under Koeman but he's never fit, so it's hard to expect anything from him. Besic has a good attitude and some interesting qualities but he's more of a DM and I don't think he'll amount to much without regular appearances (which I don't think he's good enough to earn here).

If we receive a good offer for any of those players, it probably makes sense to sell (as much as I'd like to see more of Klaassen, I'm having a hard time seeing how he works in the context of this squad).

* Edit: Sigurdsson does the box-to-box thing for Iceland so he's a possibility in the middle, as well.

100% do not need any more defensive midfielders . Start looking for someone like ,if not , Jean Serri who is somehow still at Nice .

December 04, 2017, 10:07:08 PM
Reply #27

Juanito

Sevilla are fighting for Champions League qualification again. Edit - just seen he has fallen out of favour. Would be good to see him here instead of Besic and McCarthy.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:11:38 PM by Juanito »

December 05, 2017, 03:03:45 AM
Reply #28

bornblue88

I reckon Sam has put this out there to play on Morgan's arrogance to get performances out of him.

December 05, 2017, 06:28:40 PM
Reply #29

SANA_DR0

used to rate him at Blackburn..

seems like such a long time ago.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....