December 17, 2017, 02:50:11 AM

Author Topic: Steven N'Zonzi  (Read 1850 times)

December 05, 2017, 08:12:14 PM
Reply #30

mikey_blue

Steven Nzonzi has been left out of the Sevilla squad ahead of Wednesday's Champions League match and has travelled to London to discuss a transfer. #Arsenal and #Everton interested (L'Equipe)

deCoubertin

December 05, 2017, 09:26:06 PM
Reply #31

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He turned us down for Stoke didn't he? And that's when we were decent

Unless he wants the cash and be a mercenary there's little chance of this....... Surely?

Simply simply lovely

December 06, 2017, 02:15:51 PM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Imagine if we could get a few little mercs in...nízonzi and aubaumayang ok mega money yeeeees terrible planning but Iíd have it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 06, 2017, 11:20:58 PM
Reply #33

kramer0

The more I think about this, the less I like the idea. What is a Schneiderlin upgrade going to do for us? Playing with a positionally conservative defensive midfielder forces Gana into a box-to-box role, which he plainly isn't good at.

We'd be much better served adding someone who contributes something in attack -- preferably passing -- and sticking with Gana at the base of the midfield (provided that he continues to stay in position like he did on Saturday).

I'm a definite N'Zonzi fan, I just don't see how he helps us right now.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:23:39 PM by kramer0 »

December 07, 2017, 12:31:59 AM
Reply #34

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
The more I think about this, the less I like the idea. What is a Schneiderlin upgrade going to do for us? Playing with a positionally conservative defensive midfielder forces Gana into a box-to-box role, which he plainly isn't good at.

We'd be much better served adding someone who contributes something in attack -- preferably passing -- and sticking with Gana at the base of the midfield (provided that he continues to stay in position like he did on Saturday).

getting better players is always a help. You get them when they available
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 07, 2017, 01:27:27 AM
Reply #35

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Badly lacking control in the middle.

Lacking ability to break teams down is a symptom of a disfunctional midfield rather than poor attacking players. A Barkley replacement for Gana would be great...but would be easier to stomach if we had a more solid base to work off.

At the moment if you take Gana out the side we’d get overrun I think.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:46:34 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 07, 2017, 02:43:17 AM
Reply #36

Juanito

In a midfield 3 in a 4-3-3 with NíZonzi, Gana and a box to box player, or even Sigurdsson with three forwards up top with pace, I think we look good.