December 11, 2017, 09:33:24 PM

Author Topic: Our first trophy.  (Read 1095 times)

December 05, 2017, 04:54:15 AM
Reply #15

Jamokachi

Sorry I forgot, we've got a new manager and won two games that we should have won, so everything's boss again

We reached a low so low that we needed Sam Allardyce and Sammy Lee less than a week ago. We've beaten Huddersfield and West Ham. What has changed?

Yea, 'cos everyone is dancing in the streets aren't they?! Reckon you could give the hyperbole a miss for a wee while?

There's nothing wrong with trying to be positive, enjoying a couple of wins and looking forward to what might happen. We all wanted better than where we are, but this is the reality of it.

But carry on with the miserable ol' bastard routine. It's not grating, not in the slightest.

deCoubertin

December 05, 2017, 05:32:21 AM
Reply #16

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Despite all the melodrama, we were nowhere near as low as we were under Roberto Cunting Martinez. Under that fuckwaffle of a human being we were on 28 points after 28 games. A poor start this season, especially when you consider all the good that surrounds our club these days, never really came close.

December 05, 2017, 02:39:11 PM
Reply #17

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
Yea, 'cos everyone is dancing in the streets aren't they?! Reckon you could give the hyperbole a miss for a wee while?

There's nothing wrong with trying to be positive, enjoying a couple of wins and looking forward to what might happen. We all wanted better than where we are, but this is the reality of it.

But carry on with the miserable ol' bastard routine. It's not grating, not in the slightest.
Thereís nothing wrong with expressing negative feelings either. There is no rule that you must be positive about things.

Donít see any call for insulting someone who clearly canít jump on board with positivity about Allardyce. Disagree, by all means, but insults? Thatís just crass.

December 05, 2017, 03:27:05 PM
Reply #18

Jamokachi

Thereís nothing wrong with expressing negative feelings either. There is no rule that you must be positive about things.

Donít see any call for insulting someone who clearly canít jump on board with positivity about Allardyce. Disagree, by all means, but insults? Thatís just crass.

1. No, there's nowt wrong with expressing a negative opinion. After near 18 months though it starts to get dull.
2. Where's the insult?

December 05, 2017, 03:27:47 PM
Reply #19

Simon Paul

Administrator

I enjoyed the wins. I've never not enjoyed an Everton win.

They just don't distract me too much from the fact that it will take a long time to come back from where we have ended up.

Questions need to be asked at a much higher level than manager, though

December 05, 2017, 03:34:40 PM
Reply #20

Jamokachi

I enjoyed the wins. I've never not enjoyed an Everton win.

They just don't distract me too much from the fact that it will take a long time to come back from where we have ended up.

Questions need to be asked at a much higher level than manager, though

Of course they do, I'd never disagree with that. Hell I've said as much.

You get where I'm coming from though? It seems you haven't posted anything positive for quite a while now. You seem pretty disillusioned by the whole thing, which is fair in comparison to the early promise and enthusiasm we all had.

Allardyce is our manager now, and for the next 18 months I want him to be a huge success, because that translates as Everton being successful. I just think that's the best attitude, for a stable state of mind if nothing more.

December 05, 2017, 03:44:06 PM
Reply #21

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
1. No, there's nowt wrong with expressing a negative opinion. After near 18 months though it starts to get dull.
2. Where's the insult?
Point answering? Ok..

1. Simon is clearly seriously unhappy that the club has gotten to this point. While he wasnít in love with Ron, itís beyond a stretch to say itís been 18 months of ďhyperboleĒ as you put it.

2. You donít consider ďmiserable old bastardĒ to be insulting? The whole tone of your posts to him in this thread have sounded quite insulting to me in tone, even if the language used was mild. Youíve basically called him out for not being positive, when there isnít actually anything to be positive about yet. If anything, our last two performances have suggested the negativity that led us to Sam was the hyperbole. But suddenly some are talking about us winning the derby and the FA Cup..

3. Telling the guy who provides us with a forum to give it a rest is just.. lacking class really. Just like Big Sam lacks class, which may be why some canít just say ďoh well, onwards and upwards!Ē over this.

December 05, 2017, 04:00:47 PM
Reply #22

Jamokachi

Point answering? Ok..

1. Simon is clearly seriously unhappy that the club has gotten to this point. While he wasnít in love with Ron, itís beyond a stretch to say itís been 18 months of ďhyperboleĒ as you put it.

2. You donít consider ďmiserable old bastardĒ to be insulting? The whole tone of your posts to him in this thread have sounded quite insulting to me in tone, even if the language used was mild. Youíve basically called him out for not being positive, when there isnít actually anything to be positive about yet. If anything, our last two performances have suggested the negativity that led us to Sam was the hyperbole. But suddenly some are talking about us winning the derby and the FA Cup..

3. Telling the guy who provides us with a forum to give it a rest is just.. lacking class really. Just like Big Sam lacks class, which may be why some canít just say ďoh well, onwards and upwards!Ē over this.

I haven't said it's 18 months of hyperbole, it's 18 months of negativity.

No, not really. It's just a saying. If @Simon Paul offended by it, apologies. I doubt he is though. Maybe you are? Not sure why, as it wasn't directed at you.

It's not lacking class in the slightest, it's the same conversation as I'd have with anyone here, which is what makes this forum great. None of the admins or mods lord if over anyone (apart from @Gash ... the miserable Scottish bastard ;) ) and we can all have conversations here as you would do over a pint down the local. That's why I've been coming back for pretty much 13 years. So save me the appreciation lecture.

December 05, 2017, 04:13:03 PM
Reply #23

Gash

Global Moderator
(apart from @Gash ... the miserable Scottish bastard ;) )

It's ironic you calling anyone miserable. ;)

December 05, 2017, 04:13:37 PM
Reply #24

Jamokachi

It's ironic you calling anyone miserable. ;)

I'm a ray of sunshine!

December 05, 2017, 04:20:03 PM
Reply #25

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
I haven't said it's 18 months of hyperbole, it's 18 months of negativity.

No, not really. It's just a saying. If @Simon Paul offended by it, apologies. I doubt he is though. Maybe you are? Not sure why, as it wasn't directed at you.

It's not lacking class in the slightest, it's the same conversation as I'd have with anyone here, which is what makes this forum great. None of the admins or mods lord if over anyone (apart from @Gash ... the miserable Scottish bastard ;) ) and we can all have conversations here as you would do over a pint down the local. That's why I've been coming back for pretty much 13 years. So save me the appreciation lecture.

Actually, I wasn't lecturing, I was trying to reflect back the condescension dripping from your posts.

Fair enough on the 18 months thing, my misunderstanding.

And no, I didn't find it particularly insulting, and I was reasonably sure Simon wasn't crying about it. But my lack of class comment stands, as you've pointed out the mods and admins are very liberal. Which is why telling them to give it a rest because they appear to be harshing your buzz, is not classy.

December 05, 2017, 05:03:42 PM
Reply #26

ally2

The precedent has been set already. There were some people who were never on board with Koeman and took any opportunity to knock him. That's what some find disagreeable, particularly because in no way is it helpful other than for the purpose of individual venting on the internet. Of course it could be viewed as higher grade trolling, and in that way seemingly counter productive yet actually building support for those that may have been on the fence.  But playground name calling e.g. "fat head" seems an excessive way to do it.

December 05, 2017, 05:14:51 PM
Reply #27

Simon Paul

Administrator
Of course they do, I'd never disagree with that. Hell I've said as much.

You get where I'm coming from though? It seems you haven't posted anything positive for quite a while now. You seem pretty disillusioned by the whole thing, which is fair in comparison to the early promise and enthusiasm we all had.

Allardyce is our manager now, and for the next 18 months I want him to be a huge success, because that translates as Everton being successful. I just think that's the best attitude, for a stable state of mind if nothing more.

I want Everton to win.

I don't see Sam Allardyce as being the one to make that happen more often than it doesn't, though.

On MOTD Extra at the weekend, someone said that if West Ham and Huddersfield had been Unsworth's first two games in charge then we'd have all been saying he deserved the job until the end of the season.  They were games that should have been on Koeman's "expected wins" list. 

Sunday will tell us a lot about Allardyce and what we can expect over the next 18 months.  It won't be pretty, but if it works then it stops a rot.  Do we need 18 months to do that in?  Or do we need six months and then look for a manager that makes a statement as to where we want to be?

December 05, 2017, 05:23:26 PM
Reply #28

Jamokachi

Or do we need six months and then look for a manager that makes a statement as to where we want to be?

Maybe that's what will transpire, it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

December 05, 2017, 05:24:47 PM
Reply #29

Simon Paul

Administrator
Maybe that's what will transpire, it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

not going to pay out over £50m to replace two different managerial teams in one season though are we?