September 25, 2018, 12:02:58 AM

Author Topic: Yankee Roodle Dandy?  (Read 13957 times)

May 23, 2018, 07:43:01 PM
Reply #150

kramer0

If that 150k can go towards some badly needed quality then frankly Id drive him there.

Good luck!

May 23, 2018, 07:43:18 PM
Reply #151

Waltzer

Yeah agree, hes still a big profile.

If that 150k can go towards some badly needed quality then frankly Id drive him there.

Is 150k that bad when Klasseen and Sandro are both on 100k per week, one is leading goalscorer, huge name in the game, the others have done nothing yet Bill has alluded to the fact they'll both be back to give it another go!

May 23, 2018, 07:44:00 PM
Reply #152

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Good luck!

Cant even drive la, good luck to wazza in the passenger seat!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 23, 2018, 07:45:05 PM
Reply #153

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is 150k that bad when Klasseen and Sandro are both on 100k per week, one is leading goalscorer, huge name in the game, the others have done nothing yet Bill has alluded to the fact they'll both be back to give it another go!

Yeah but, they’re both young enough to have potential upsides and futures in the game.

Wayne was collared for drink driving some big pair of tits around Cheshire.

Just get rid he’s a tit

Edit: this is what my argument has devolved to so quickly
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 23, 2018, 07:49:08 PM
Reply #154

Waltzer

Yeah but, theyre both young enough to have potential upsides and futures in the game.

Just get rid hes a tit

Im not against the move but think we could be doing a typical Everton thing and chucking the baby out with the bath water, if the rumours are true Rooney is off, Baines is off, I suspect Jags wont be too far behind, who will be the leaders in the club, the people that have a real affinity with the club during this transition? We've only really got Coleman left, but then again maybe if Wayne is a bit disruptive when not playing its best for all parties if he goes?

May 23, 2018, 08:17:27 PM
Reply #155

Bob Sacamano

Would we really get a 12m transfer fee?

May 23, 2018, 08:38:17 PM
Reply #156

Evertonian in NC

Would we really get a 12m transfer fee?

As I said many pages back, "American hero" Timmy Howard set the transfer fee record at the time, and was around $500K (in Ameri-quid).  No way in hell is there 24 times that (plus the conversion to Brexit Bucks) for what's left of Rooney.

$12M is the size of the overall deal being paid to Rooney, and we are almost surely paying part of the leftover contract here to get him to take the DC deal.  Because we signed a whopper of an emotional, Kenwright dream diary contract.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 23, 2018, 08:42:23 PM
Reply #157

Evertonian in NC

Rooney would be an excellent "super sub" if he'd be excited to play such a role, be ok with not coming into the match when circumstances don't warrant, and to be 100% clear he has to play within the system and not just do whatever he pleases.

He still has something left, and still has great desire.  But if he just wants to freelance and put on a show of his skills, then MLS is where he needs to be.

And I worry that the running him into the ground last season already took too much out of his legs, and it might be too late to get that great "super sub" year out of him.  We could have had two full seasons of it with a proper manager here from the start, but it was not to be.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

May 23, 2018, 08:44:09 PM
Reply #158

TheTone

Yeah but, theyre both young enough to have potential upsides and futures in the game.

Just get rid hes a tit

she had shit tits too

May 23, 2018, 09:11:39 PM
Reply #159

KoemansNumberTens

Rooney would be an excellent "super sub" if he'd be excited to play such a role, be ok with not coming into the match when circumstances don't warrant, and to be 100% clear he has to play within the system and not just do whatever he pleases.

He still has something left, and still has great desire.  But if he just wants to freelance and put on a show of his skills, then MLS is where he needs to be.

And I worry that the running him into the ground last season already took too much out of his legs, and it might be too late to get that great "super sub" year out of him.  We could have had two full seasons of it with a proper manager here from the start, but it was not to be.

Super is pushing it. Hed be an excellent okay sub

May 23, 2018, 09:24:44 PM
Reply #160

Evertonian in NC

Super is pushing it. Hed be an excellent okay sub

My thinking has always been his legs are less an issue when he comes in fresh against more tired opponents.  Plus he would have the benefit of having watched 60-70 minutes from the sidelines before being inserted where he fits best that match.  Tactical deployment.

May 24, 2018, 12:04:59 AM
Reply #161

cantoffee

We need to make sure we actually replace his passing ability.

He still seemed like the only one who you thought could play a killer pass or unlock a stubborn defence (not that it happened often).

Sig can do it with his shooting but I'm not sure his passing is of the same standard.

May 24, 2018, 12:27:02 AM
Reply #162

KoemansNumberTens

We need to make sure we actually replace his passing ability.

He still seemed like the only one who you thought could play a killer pass or unlock a stubborn defence (not that it happened often).

Sig can do it with his shooting but I'm not sure his passing is of the same standard.

50 quid a week and Im willing to set teams up on the counter by being utterly careless in possession

May 24, 2018, 01:12:49 AM
Reply #163

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
At times this year his passing was nowhere near his usual standard. Whether that was because he was becoming more tired, players not on his wavelength or something else, who knows?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 24, 2018, 01:24:08 AM
Reply #164

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's a very good squad option but I think we all know he's not ready to settle for that